2 18.18%
  • Rarely

2 18.18%
  • Never

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guitar/Musician Off Topic Fourm

I was wondering if we could get a forum just for gear talk. Amps - Drums - Keyboards - Guitars etc etc I'm a musician myself a guitarist and I'd really like a place to talk about my gear, problems, new modifications, etc etc.
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-05-17 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I was wondering if we could get a forum just for gear talk. Amps - Drums - Keyboards - Guitars etc etc I'm a musician myself a guitarist and I'd really like a place to talk about my gear, problems, new modifications, etc etc.
    Think this would be under the same category as a previous topic. An Artist Sub-Forum, a place for this as well as writing, painting etc. It is just one of those where megathreads are directed to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm a musician too, guitarist primarily (3 strats, ibanez jem, 1970's P-bass, Peavey 5150, Cornford Hellcat, Marshall 1960A cab etc etc)... But really there isn't a big enough musician userbase to make this work here, that's why guitarist forums exist. Nothing is stopping you from making a thread in the Cinema/Books/Music/TV section though, since this fits in there, or even the chat zone?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm a musician too, guitarist primarily (3 strats, ibanez jem, 1970's P-bass, Peavey 5150, Cornford Hellcat, Marshall 1960A cab etc etc)... But really there isn't a big enough musician userbase to make this work here, that's why guitarist forums exist. Nothing is stopping you from making a thread in the Cinema/Books/Music/TV section though, since this fits in there, or even the chat zone?
    Nice, I always wanted to try a Cornford Hellcat out. Had a Bogner 20thA XTC up until the end of last year, not sure what I'm getting next or when.

Back on topic... I'd also vote for a mega-thread for these topics rather than their own sub-forums.

Nowhere near enough traffic for a forum, but feel free to make a megathread or ask one of the mods to do so

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Nowhere near enough traffic for a forum, but feel free to make a megathread or ask one of the mods to do so
    Okay, thank you chaud where would be the correct fourm to make a "Guitarist Megathread" somthing on the lines of that where we can nerd out about our gear.

Also.... what does your pink title say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aim for Music or GenOT for musicians megathread.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Cinema/Books/Music/TV forum, or hell I could even see the Computer thread might even could get into that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Jackson Jem or bust.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd probably actually post 20+ times a day on something like this.

Okay, thank you chaud where would be the correct fourm to make a "Guitarist Megathread" somthing on the lines of that where we can nerd out about our gear.

Also.... what does your pink title say?
    It's really not conducive to a megathread either. Far too broad imo.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

I agree Advocate but it's better than nothing and assuming we get enough traffic in our Megathread that they would consider giving us our own little corner on the forums.

Asking one or two more questions before I make the Megathread in PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Jackson Jem or bust.
    A Jem is a Steve Vai signature guitar made by Ibanez since the 1980s, no such thing as a Jackson Jem!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anf anyways, everyone knows Piano > guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Anf anyways, everyone knows Piano > guitar.
    They certainly are larger

As a fledgling bassist I would visit such a forum to chat, but any serious bass questions I would save for talkbass.com.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I always just use the Cinema/TV Shows/Music/Books forum for that kind of discussion. I'd say +1 on making a megathread there.

What should I name said Megathread a few ideas are as follows "[Megathread]Musicians" "[Megathread]For everything musician" "Musicians - Technique and Gear"
    Feel free to provide new ideas looking for something that rolls off the tongue.

"For those who like to slap the g-string with their wang bar"

"For those who like to slap the g-string with their wang bar"
    Hey dude. How many ways do you know of fingering A minor?

It's my favorite chord.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Jem is a Steve Vai signature guitar made by Ibanez since the 1980s, no such thing as a Jackson Jem!
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/103...loist-actually

Technically not a 'Jem' but many of the design specs made it to the Ibanez line.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/103...loist-actually

Technically not a 'Jem' but many of the design specs made it to the Ibanez line.
    Well yeah that's just a Jackson Soloist with some Steve Vai art, if you get right down to it then it's just a variation of a super strat.