Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I'm sorry, but as a guy who likes to both DPS and heal (And I'm sure everyone else out there who has a Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Monk or Priest) we change specs more than talents. Making a gold cost would make me think twice about offering to change rolls in a raid, as I'm sure a vast many would have as well.

Changing talents on a fight-by-fight basis for min-maxing might be desired, but it's not as big a changer as having to wait an extra half-hour to find a healer because the guy who already changed from heals to DPS doesn't want to have to change back for an hour before 'Bob' comes back. If you have to, either buy the inscription item or just get a summon (Warlock/Summon stone) once you hearth/portal out and change.
    You're talking about changing your primary spec. I haven't seen the problem you describe since we got dual-spec, because a (say) a warrior can have a tank and DPS spec and freely switch between them

They only needed to visit a trainer if they wanted to change the primary spec to a different one. Since we have dual spec characters, once you chose your two hardly anyone ever did that since most did not want three.

Like I said, they are making something most people don't do at all, or only very rarely, easier and cheaper, whilst making something most people want and need to do very often more annoying and expensive

And it is all about increasing the grinding requirements.

Blizz want you in there all day every day, simple. They don't want you logging in a few hours a week for raids. That's why we have reps, legendary grinds, artefact power grinds, potions, flasks, gems, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

LOL, this is the designed goal of the new talent system if you somehow missed the last 2 expansions. Specs are required to change talents on a fight-by-fight basis. If you slack or overall like to gimp your own raid, then you dont have to change your talents, ofc.
    Precisely, the new talents tiers are very obviously designed to make it much more necessary to switch talents, and more of them, more often.

Just looking at me (affliction lock) I can see how the new talent trees would mean a lot more switching in raids than the current one. The AOE and ST enhancers are all mutually exclusive. As are the movement-survivability ones now that they took away teleport/burning rush/damage shield ones from baseline and made them talents. And so on.

Deleted
    About the talent restrictions:

Maybe instead of making it so restricted (going to a safe zone or needing expensive reagents), they could add a cooldown per tier long enough to stop people abusing it in the way they described, and short enough to not be too much of a nuisance.

Deleted
    Have fun Warlocks and Raid Leader to wait for everyone to respec & being ported back before every boss. Oh god, this is like the perfect example on why some people just shouldnt have Lead Designing positions over there at Blizzard.

Changing talents doesn't need a freaking cooldown or a reagent cost aimed at groups. I don't know what Blizzard is smoking - they are trying to do everything to make this game less fun. The point of the new talent system was it's convenience, but now we've to return to safe points? Wtf
    The point of the new talent system was never convenience, I'm not sure where you pulled that from. The driving goal behind it has always been to make talent choices interesting and meaningful again, which if you read the post, is the same goal behind this change too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    You're talking about changing your primary spec. I haven't seen the problem you describe since we got dual-spec, because a (say) a warrior can have a tank and DPS spec and freely switch between them

They only needed to visit a trainer if they wanted to change the primary spec to a different one. Since we have dual spec characters, once you chose your two hardly anyone ever did that since most did not want three.

Like I said, they are making something most people don't do at all, or only very rarely, easier and cheaper, whilst making something most people want and need to do very often more annoying and expensive

And it is all about increasing the grinding requirements.

Blizz want you in there all day every day, simple. They don't want you logging in a few hours a week for raids. That's why we have reps, legendary grinds, artefact power grinds, potions, flasks, gems, etc.

OH MY GOD !!! is like blizzard is telling you to play the game !!!!! sound the alarm !!! red alert !!! -.- ..

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but as a guy who likes to both DPS and heal (And I'm sure everyone else out there who has a Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Monk or Priest) we change specs more than talents. Making a gold cost would make me think twice about offering to change rolls in a raid, as I'm sure a vast many would have as well.

Changing talents on a fight-by-fight basis for min-maxing might be desired, but it's not as big a changer as having to wait an extra half-hour to find a healer because the guy who already changed from heals to DPS doesn't want to have to change back for an hour before 'Bob' comes back. If you have to, either buy the inscription item or just get a summon (Warlock/Summon stone) once you hearth/portal out and change.
    This is true for me as well. With my hybrid classes, I have either Heal/DPS or Tank/DPS combinations (sometimes even Tank/Heal), and I switch between specs often, but don't switch much between talents. With pure DPS, I have dualspec, but tend to stick to my favorite spec, because I only have optimised gear for my main spec, and also the most gaming experience.

For me, costs for switching specs are detrimental, because I already am fixated on my main spec with better gear (and in Legion also with the Artifact weapon). I don't mind reagent costs for switching talents, especially when they are designed this way, so a whole group benefits from one consumable. Raiding guilds already have an infrastructure for such things, so they will not be affected that much.

lol so now

- spec changing is free
    - talent changing is free in cities/order halls

and people STILL bitch ?

cleanse humanity right now, NOW

Have fun Warlocks and Raid Leader to wait for everyone to respec & being ported back before every boss. Oh god, this is like the perfect example on why some people just shouldnt have Lead Designing positions over there at Blizzard.
    its the perfect example that the community winnes anything... for god sake.. 78 gold.. for 78 gold they cry to change the spec swap... gold cap is 10 million !!! in 10 minutes you have 5 times 78 gold ! ... its like gold is hard to get right now or what ?

Congratulations, people whining about MUH GOLDS when asked to pay a pittance for changing your spec: you got us something extra annoying. So thank you.

That said, this is worse. It's now easier to change your SPEC than it is to change a TALENT. The former should force you to jump through hoops; the latter expects you to change talents frequently.

Deleted
    Seems simple to me that the talent trees are specifically designed to allow you to tailor your abilities to a given situation, like Diablo. This is annoying in of itself (but only mildly), why make it so much worse by requiring a not-inexpensive item we have to create at the beginning and end of every single fight, that ends up being wildly inefficient for solo play?

It's obnoxious.

I actually thought this wasn't necessarily a bad idea, I mean, as it was the gold cost was so small it may as well not even exist since the purpose of a gold sink mechanic is to, well, sink gold, and having the cost remain 92G while players are rolling in millions doesn't really seem much of a gold sink if you ask me.

I think Blizzard was faced with the decision of either increasing the price for respeccing, or removing it entirely. And personally, I would have prefered the cost to increase a hundredfold, locking players into roles again, god forbid, but the modern player would never accept that, alas.

Deleted
    Really? Making talent hoices "meaningful"? Now that's rich, after such a long time just needing the apropiate reagent to change them around (easy, cheap, needs out of combat). I'm personally disgusted with the anounced changes 'cuz I change talents a lot (rogue here); set the optimal ones for each raid encounter (not too many changes really), change the survival one for outdoor/soloing old content, many changes (including glyphs, not important as they're going away) while soloing Pandaria 25h raids on a boss per boss basis...hell, I even take Shuriken toss in the drake event in DS before Ultraxion just to make it quiker (could do with class trinket and the 20y Eviscerate but bite me...) and I could go on quite a bit more about this.
    So, forcing me to a safe zone or using some item aimed at "groups" in terms of time/reagents (think feasts in WotLK or cauldron in...was it Cata? yeah we grinded for it with the whole raid xD) instead of just out of combat and having a stock of vanishing powder/tome of the clear mind to do it sounds like they are taking away part of my freedom...kinda.
    Now, in terms of making your choices meaningful (more) I can somewhat see why they're doing something like that, and obviously I get most of the implications making them instant & free (just one I just thought of; if it was so, everyone would expect everyone to change on the fly between trash, boss, whatever, always getting the best talents for a given moment in the dungeon, raid, everywhere and ppl thad won't, like me, too lazy changing from one trash to another will be seen as inferior or similar, gimping the group and kicked out...).
    End result, I'm not convinced but hey, it's their game and we are still playing for a reason so let's just hope they do it in a way that won't make us change our own way of playing the game (not talking classes here, in any way).

I'm being completely honest here. I don't think the devs even play the game. If they did, they wouldn't make asinine changes like what they just did to talents. Some classes have to change their talents every fucking fight. They'd know that if they even played this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Except that in Legion Alpha, Duel Spec was removed and you paid an increasing gold cost every time you wanted to change spec. Need someone to swap heal for a fight? They had to pay about 500g to swap and swap back.

Deleted
    "respect cost"

that made me giggle

Except that in Legion Alpha, Duel Spec was removed and you paid an increasing gold cost every time you wanted to change spec. Need someone to swap heal for a fight? They had to pay about 500g to swap and swap back.

500g !!! ????? where does it says it cost 500g to change spec ? .. it says 78g the most expensive after several swaps !! ...

. I see no biggy, this is a welcome change and the "restrictions" make sense and arent a big issue. We have an item now for switching talents around and in legion we'll have a group item for switching talents around between bosses and stuff during raids. Plenty of inns and cities around to switch them for questing areas.

Deleted
    Legion reminds me of cataclysm release : "game was too fun in WOTLK so we removed QoL stuff to make the game more enjoyable". Sometimes I can't help to think blizzard has no idea anymore of what is fun and what isn't in WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-05-17 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    lol so now

- spec changing is free
    - talent changing is free in cities/order halls

and people STILL bitch ?

cleanse humanity right now, NOW
    You don't understand why it is a stupid idea, some specs have very situational talents that are incredibly powerful in that situation.

Like Unholy Death Knights and Epidemic, that means a trip to a Main City or Class Hall in the middle of the raid. "Oh look lets hold up the raid for 5 minutes while one guy has to derp around" so basically limiting things to free changes subsidizes Inscriptionists or makes warlocks a must have for every raid team. If they are going to make a cost to switch around talents go back to Tomes of the Mind so I can buy 3 stacks and not have to worry about it.

and later people ask for vanilla xD