Thread: Internet Help!

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Internet Help!

Hey guys, looking for some help with an issue I've been having for the past 2 months now. If you've been on the official tech forums, you'll know there's been a spat of disconnection errors going around for WoW (51900319 error is the tag they have). I've been having these disconnect issues constantly since they started. After troubleshooting, running tests and talking to a couple of people through tickets, I've been able to find the culprit for the problem; there is large and consistent lag and packet loss that occurs along the route between me and my ISP (Iconz, it's a domestic New Zealand provider) and the Oceanic WoW server based in Sydney, Australia.

It specifically happens at the handover done by a service called pacifix.com that handles the transition from NZ to Australia, but unfortunately they appear to have no way of getting in touch with them (website under construction, no email as far as I can find) to let them know there's an issue with their infrastructure. After chatting with a Blizzard Tech support dude, he suggested that if I can't get any of the partys that handle my connection to their oceanic server to fix the issue, my only other option is to use a Tunneling program to go straight to the server from my IP address.

My question is how and what do I go after to set this up? I've heard of using programs and tools to do this before and raided with a couple of guys who did this for better ping before Oceanic servers were set up, but I have no clue what I need to do or what programs are the best/most reliable/least shady to do this. Any help would be gratefuly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add I ran tests with WinMTR for Heroes of the Storm to the oceanic server for that game as well and it is also involves pacifix.com with massive lag and packet loss at the same point as the WoW route.
    Last edited by Grapefruitsnz; 2016-05-17 at 07:38 AM.

This is how the internet works sadly bro. I had this about a year ago and had to contact the problem via social media to get it fixed. Its honestly the most messed up unfair situation ive ever dealt with, and its still not completely fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some help with an issue I've been having for the past 2 months now. If you've been on the official tech forums, you'll know there's been a spat of disconnection errors going around for WoW (51900319 error is the tag they have). I've been having these disconnect issues constantly since they started. After troubleshooting, running tests and talking to a couple of people through tickets, I've been able to find the culprit for the problem; there is large and consistent lag and packet loss that occurs along the route between me and my ISP (Iconz, it's a domestic New Zealand provider) and the Oceanic WoW server based in Sydney, Australia.

It specifically happens at the handover done by a service called pacifix.com that handles the transition from NZ to Australia, but unfortunately they appear to have no way of getting in touch with them (website under construction, no email as far as I can find) to let them know there's an issue with their infrastructure. After chatting with a Blizzard Tech support dude, he suggested that if I can't get any of the partys that handle my connection to their oceanic server to fix the issue, my only other option is to use a Tunneling program to go straight to the server from my IP address.

My question is how and what do I go after to set this up? I've heard of using programs and tools to do this before and raided with a couple of guys who did this for better ping before Oceanic servers were set up, but I have no clue what I need to do or what programs are the best/most reliable/least shady to do this. Any help would be gratefuly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add I ran tests with WinMTR for Heroes of the Storm to the oceanic server for that game as well and it is also involves pacifix.com with massive lag and packet loss at the same point as the WoW route.
    report it to your ISP. they will be responsible for opening an internal ticket to test. if this one company is handling the hop from NZ to Australia is having issues (equipment, cabling etc) and likely there are contracts between the two companies to handle taking their traffic off of NZ.

i would assume all traffic from NZ goes to Australia then everywhere else (no way for me to confirm just a hunch from working on similar things) and i would imagine that connection is via under water cable. if the main route cable broke you would be re-directed on a possibly longer route. this affects your RTD etc. and under water cable takes forever to fix. when we have to have one of the TAT cables fixed it takes a couple of months.

That is not true komo. I had this exact situation happen to me, both my ISP and blizzard denied blame and they arent wrong. The only hope he has is to reach out to social media and hope they do something.

because it is not blizzard or the ISP so them shedding the blame is not exactly wrong. however. you are the customer. drive them to resolution. you most likely would not be able to contact a company like that (pacifix.com) as they handle business contracts and not customer contracts. so driving your ISP would most likely be about your only course of action. not 100% how things in NZ work but that is how the company i work for is set up. if we have an end to end ckt that has customer traffic that is being affected by a portion that is considered "offnet" or in other words is going over a section that we do not own and pay someone to carry for us from point a to point b with in our end to end ckt. we have another group that works with that particular company to resolve the issue. DS0 all the way to oc192 and up.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so when I got in touch with my ISP, the customer support guy did some tests on his end to the WoW IP address and saw the exact same problem at the pacifix part of the route, said for me to send their Tech support all of my WinMTRs and traceroute stuff so they could take it up with Pacifix but I've yet to hear back what the story is and it doesn't seem to be fixed.

Assuming this won't get fixed, any suggestions for Tunneling programs that people have used, trustworthy of course?

The best VPN ive used is PIA but a lot of times this can add more latency that it helps, but its worth a shot you can try a month for around 7 bucks i believe.