Poll: Timeless isle gameplay for openworld endgame?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Timeless isle" as the new end-game openworld gamplay.

Back in the last patch of MOP, timeless isle was an experiment for new kind of gameplay in an openworld. After that, it was implemented in WOD, since Draenor and Tannan Jungle are expanded timeless isle. Seems that they are going to follow the same line with Legion

What do you think? Are you happy with the timeless isle mechanics?

Deleted
    no it sucks

dailies and group content > pet & toy hunting bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no it sucks

Timeless isle had daily quest, but they were not as specific as the traditional ones

Loved Timeless Isle, but IMO it should have been updated a little more continously with new (harder) bosses and quests, perhaps located on "secondary" smaller islands. A dungeon or something like that would be cool.

Stopped in WoD, so can't speak for Tanan Jungle.

Deleted
    No, fuck that shit. Only reason I ever went to TI was to wpvp, never did one of those fucking time wasting quests that give you some garbage at best. And then even the wpvp got stale as hunting down censer assholes became increasingly more difficult as I was the only one fighting them and they were most often at least 3, so I gave up on that wpvp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Back in the last patch of MOP, timeless isle was an experiment for new kind of gameplay in an openworld. After that, it was implemented in WOD, since Draenor and Tannan Jungle are expanded timeless isle. Seems that they are going to follow the same line with Legion

What do you think? Are you happy with the timeless isle mechanics?
    No, they very clearly are not. With level scaling and world quests, along with other features, The entirety of the Broken Isles is max level content. Suremar may be a max level only zone, but you are far from restricted to one zone at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle was okay filler content (though it lasted much longer than it should've for the amount of content it had), but it definitely doesn't work as an expansion-wide thing, as WoD proved, and Blizzard is thankfully moving back away from it in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    No, they very clearly are not. With level scaling and world quests, along with other features, The entirety of the Broken Isles is max level content. Suremar may be a max level only zone, but you are far from restricted to one zone at max level.
    I was talking about endgame, not about leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no it sucks

Exactly, Fuck Tanaan and Fuck Timeless isle design.

I never understood what people thought was so great about Timeless Isle all you did was grind on mobs and kill rares

10+ Year Old Account
    And Legion's world endgame is nothing like Timeless Isle or WoD. There's tons of actual quests to do. You don't have to spend all your time grinding.

I'm talking about endgame too. Endgame legion, lvl 110.

World Quests
    • World Quests send players out on a variety of quests such as defeating world bosses, world PvP, special dungeon activities, crafting for a profession, story-driven content and more.
    World Quests become available for characters that reach level 110 and are displayed on the map to see what's available in each zone.
    • World Quests rotate throughout the day and over longer periods of time as well.
    • Emissary quests become available upon reaching level 110 as well. Emissary quests are a daily call for help from a specific faction in Legion.
    • Completing missions in support of a faction from which you have an emissary quest awards a lucrative cache of loot.

The zones all scale to 110 so they're all 110 at endgame.

Deleted
    No, I always hated the TI design. Timeless Isle itself was a bearable end of xpac content because it was small, but when it was translated into WoD as the only world endgame content we saw all the short coming of the design.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I never understood what people thought was so great about Timeless Isle all you did was grind on mobs and kill rares
    Seems you figured out why.

Sometimes people just enjoy killing shit for loot, I loved TI.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    During TI it was "This sucks". During Tanaan it was "This sucks, TI is better".

What exactly did IoQD have that people didn't whine about it back then? Oh right..whine they did "catchup gear on vendors..hell on a pvp realm, boring dailies" - but today people remember the "fun times"
    Don't know, but I remember IoQD being praised at the time. There is a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seems you figured out why.

Sometimes people just enjoy killing shit for loot, I loved TI.
    The entire game is killing shit for loot, the problem is when the package is not there and ends being nothing but killing shit for loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    During TI it was "This sucks". During Tanaan it was "This sucks, TI is better".
    A meh experience can be better than another meh experience.

Timeless Isle supplemented MOP's dailies and amazing Isle of Thunder.
    It certainly does not replace it.

I just liked timeless isle for the PVP xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Timeless Isle supplemented MOP's dailies and amazing Isle of Thunder.
    It certainly does not replace it.
    Yeah, that's definitely true too. Timeless Isle may have been mediocre, but it was following up on some of the best world content we've gotten (three sets of it, I might add, in 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2). WoD didn't have any of that, so even by comparison Timeless Isle can feel better because it was only a small part of the expansion's world content, not all of it.