Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    The only interesting quest gear I can think of is the post-cata vanilla gear which tend to be complete sets from specific zones which aren't hard at all to breeze through.

Finally someone just comes out and admits it, Blizzard promised us a pony and now they took it away!!!
    Once again, nothing was promised, the initial reveal was vague and people like you filled in the blanks with your hopes and dreams.
    You want to nitpick a word and discredit a recount of Blizzard's own advertising of the feature, that's fine but it shows you really have nothing to stand on here.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The only interesting quest gear I can think of is the post-cata vanilla gear which tend to be complete sets from specific zones which aren't hard at all to breeze through.
    You usually have to bounce between 2 or 3 zones to get a full set all the same colour. What would be really nice is if the wardrobe gave you breadcrumb quests that start you on a chain for a particular piece, saves having to use WoWhead so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    That is absolutely not what I said if you would peruse that quote again, but let's not get into nitpicking phrasing. The argument I am making is that the gameplay system you just describes is not a particularly appealing one, and it can be done in a way that works a lot better at minimal effort on the part of the developers.

I am not trying to debate whether this system is or isn't what Blizzard intend for it to be. I am saying that their apparent intent is unnecessarily flawed.
    Given your point of view, I can see where you're coming from, but I just don't see the value in changing the system in this way. Blizzard obviously wants players to work to flesh out their wardrobes, not tunnel everything they can on one character and I tend to agree with them. Would it be nice if it worked that way? Sure but it does take away some of the value in a system not truly designed to be completed, as with completing all achivements it's something you have to really be dedicated to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    You want to nitpick a word and discredit a recount of Blizzard's own advertising of the feature, that's fine but it shows you really have nothing to stand on here.
    Who's nitpicking? I just want to highlight that this whole debate really comes down to the same point as so many others, some people think Blizzard promised them something and are now throwing a fit when they realize they did no such thing.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-05-19 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    usual of these things.

So unlocking's gonna take a while for each individual class? So what it sounds very much like the way instances are run atm over and over again doing the same thing never changing with a chance of finding something different... How is it that much different with playing old quests to get the same loot... Also the way the wording of the original statement, where you unlock all of the rewards from the old quests does not say anything about unlocking everything for all classes, just that you unlock all of the rewards you'd receive from that quest. Which if you're a plate wearer, leather or cloth is not a reward just a pile of gold that you never wanted in the first place.

This thread reminds me of a Mark Twain quote.

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”

Your sense of unstinting gratitude is a shining example for everyone, OP. /sarcasm
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

None of this is new except the part that we won't be able to unlock quest rewards that that specific class completing the quest can't wear.
    This is shit, because this is one of the big things they announced at Blizzcon for the wardrobe feature.

The other restrictions I like, but not this new one.
    But it's Blizz-turd, so no surprise they are making sure they are spreading their shit on this feature aswell.
    "Nah, this new feature is too good. Let's shit on it to balance it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    None of this is new except the part that we won't be able to unlock quest rewards that that specific class completing the quest can't wear.
    This is shit, because this is one of the big things they announced at Blizzcon for the wardrobe feature.

The other restrictions I like, but not this new one.
    But it's Blizz-turd, so no surprise they are making sure they are spreading their shit on this feature aswell.
    "Nah, this new feature is too good. Let's shit on it to balance it."
    The fault is on those who for some reason thought that current xmog restrictions wouldn't apply to quest reward gear for some ill-defined reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and defend Blizzard on this one. It makes perfect logical sense that only gear appropriate for your class can be "learned" and saved to the transmit closet. Also, people would exploit the shit out of trading Boe gear if it could be learned just by having it in your inventory.

Great move on Blizzard's part. Just be thankful a wardrobe system is coming to WoW in the first place.

They shouldn't have said at Blizzcon that we will unlock all quest rewards if that isn't the case, because THEY KNEW people would immediately start doing any quest they could find to get the transmog later.

- - - Updated - - -

The fault is on those who for some reason thought that current xmog restrictions wouldn't apply to quest reward gear for some ill-defined reason.

"For some reason..."?
    It is not their fault if Blizzard says that we will unlock all quest rewards(which they did at Blizzcon).

Speaking as a collector who honestly laughed when I saw how lenient the Fashionista achievements were going to be (I really expected achievements for collecting hundreds of appearances, and still probably would have unlocked them the instant the pre-patch hit), I do find it inconvenient to have to manage so many characters' inventories and don't look forward to redoing some of the questing areas, but that's the curse of being a hardcore collector. I expect the average person will just be targeting specific appearance sets and not feel the compulsion to grind out every piece of green garbage that could drop in Outland.

EDIT: By the way, one thing I noticed on Alpha but haven't checked up on lately is that whenever your 100+ toon did a quest in a zone that was hilariously beneath him, they didn't bother granting you the quest reward as an item in your inventory only to make you vendor it. They just gave you the appearance directly.

The issue is with the old quests that aren't available anymore. Not sure if some people have forgotten but you used to be able to choose any piece you wanted from the rewards. Therefore, it follows that you should unlock all the appearances available from the vanilla quests since 1) they aren't able to be completed anymore and 2) you could have chosen any of the rewards regardless of whether you could use it and of course none of us knew transmog was coming at the time. Applying the restriction to everything else I'm fine with.

that's jacked i think quest should all items, and i think in order to add an item to the wardrobe any class should be able to do anyitem, one of 2 ways, either you can equip and thus soul bound if it wasn't before or you can right click -> add to wardrobe (warning this will destroy the item) .. yes or no. That way if its progression loot you want to use its added, however if you are farming and that helm dropped for your priest on your war you can still unlock, but u can't unlock and sell/DE it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    They shouldn't have said at Blizzcon that we will unlock all quest rewards if that isn't the case, because THEY KNEW people would immediately start doing any quest they could find to get the transmog later.

- - - Updated - - -

"For some reason..."?
    It is not their fault if Blizzard says that we will unlock all quest rewards(which they did at Blizzcon).
    Did they at any point specify that current restrictions wouldn't apply to that? If they had said quests would unlock all appearances for every reward for every character, I would admit you have a point, but since they didn't, this is just a case of people reading between the lines again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    The issue is with the old quests that aren't available anymore. Not sure if some people have forgotten but you used to be able to choose any piece you wanted from the rewards. Therefore, it follows that you should unlock all the appearances available from the vanilla quests since 1) they aren't able to be completed anymore and 2) you could have chosen any of the rewards regardless of whether you could use it and of course none of us knew transmog was coming at the time. Applying the restriction to everything else I'm fine with.
    I do think that is a fair point since you can't exactly go back and get those items, however I'm not sure the feasibility of just default giving everyone all of the possible rewards, especially since many of them have been reused in some form or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I find the quest restriction unnecessary, I could deal with it if they reintroduce the old world as an alternative, along with the huge amount of retired content, mats, gear and dungeons/raids D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Honestly you just heard what you wanted to hear, they never explicitly said that all rewards for all classes and all specs would unlock for you, you just assumed that they saying the "reward you didn't pick" would mean that - nevermind that you can't even pick wrong armor type rewards in any kind of revamped quest, since they are hidden.

And the fact that we won't unlock gear of a different armor type was clarified pretty fast after BlizzCon (maybe even during, I forget the timing of it all), so assuming quests would be any different is once again just wishful thinking on your part.

Its a new feature, they are not taking anything away from you. It was impossible for one character to gather all these items before, and it will remain impossible in the future. You lose literally *nothing*.
    Reasonable and sane post of the day award. /thread

I do think that is a fair point since you can't exactly go back and get those items, however I'm not sure the feasibility of just default giving everyone all of the possible rewards, especially since many of them have been reused in some form or another.
    It's true that some have been reused. I wonder if they could do it similar to MogIt, just collapse any of the same appearance into one item. My main concern is a few of the unique looks have not been reused and it would suck to be screwed out of getting those by simply having been the wrong class.

Honestly, I think that's a good move for blizzard. Also, just because you hate 1 fucking thing that's about xmog, does not mean you should say "It's WoD all over again".
    Trust me, I have beta, and it (As of now) is NO WHERE near a WoD 2.0. In reality, it's as close to as TBC/WoTLK 2.0 as thing game can get.

Given your point of view, I can see where you're coming from, but I just don't see the value in changing the system in this way. Blizzard obviously wants players to work to flesh out their wardrobes, not tunnel everything they can on one character and I tend to agree with them. Would it be nice if it worked that way? Sure but it does take away some of the value in a system not truly designed to be completed, as with completing all achivements it's something you have to really be dedicated to achieve.

Who's nitpicking? I just want to highlight that this whole debate really comes down to the same point as so many others, some people think Blizzard promised them something and are now throwing a fit when they realize they did no such thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    If I killed the Lich King over and over, got all the mage drops on my warrior, but never got any on my mage, then yes, I would be a little irritated that it didn't carry over.

Transmog 2.0: help clean up your bank, increase customization, help your collection!
    "The Wardrobe" - as soon as an item is bound to you, its appearance is unlocked into your collection.
    Once you unlock it you can toss it, disenchant it.
    Transmog is ACCOUNT WIDE.
    New transmog UIs - with the models on your character.
    Counts how many items in a slot you've unlocked with progrses bar.
    Sometimes it's a pain to keep track of your looks so we've added "Outfits."
    You can link the outfit to someone else and shows them basically a "shopping list."
    When you log into Legion - you'll have every item in your bank, etc, added to this syte,
    Also, every single quest will be found that you've ever done and and you get every quest reward unlocked - even the ones you didn't choose as a reward.
    You can save different outfits per spec!
    "Hidden" slots are now saved per outfit.
    You can now hide shoulders
    3 new transmoggable slots - Weapon Enchants, Shirts, and Tabards!

Source
    Clearly you missed that post showing they did indeed promise that such thing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Of course it's a fact, I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing that it's an acceptable change of policy to sell your players on the notion of once you've done a quest you get all those items in your purely optional and cosmetic Wardrobe and then say oh hey sorry you need to regrind those quests upwards of EIGHT times to get the stuff we promised you and sold you on initially. They're already doing a good job with getting people back into the world to do current content with Legion, they should leave well enough alone and focus the players on that stuff and let their advertised Wardrobe stand.

Is that hard to grasp or do I need to break it down even further.
    Again, you're assuming that the glimpse into the feature that hasn't even been released yet is a promise of getting it as well as how it would have been implemented. It is not, nor ever, was a promise, at all. For someone that has supposedly played the game as much as you have, I would say that it is very surprising that you bought into something shown before it's released. Not only has this happened many times in the past, but you have no one but yourself to blame for feeling disappointed over a feature that you flat-out assumed the qualities of.

It is very difficult to feel sorry for you when your own blunder was your own made-up hype over something. There is absolutely nothing hard to grasp about what you're saying. It's plainly obvious that you assumed something that was never true about something that was still in development (and still is, no less). And that is plainly it, we get it, we just don't have any sympathy for you and your own fuck-up. That is on you and no one else.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-05-19 at 12:53 AM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.

Q: “So we have to do Loremaster on all armor types?”

A: “if you want to unlock every single appearance granted from questing, yes.”

Q: “Could you at least reconsider easing the unlock restrictions for old removed quest rewards?”

A: “we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

Source:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6754?page=1#15

Oh, right. Here’s the biggest punch to the face.

THIS APPLIES TO REMOVED QUESTS AS WELL, so everything before Cataclysm..

https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

I hope everyone did loremaster 8 times before Cata so they can have those removed rewards.. and did it 8 times after.
    This is the only part of your post that is new information to me, we've known for months that drops were going to only unlock if you could equip the weapon and the armor type was your primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.