Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    It's not even about one character. Before you had to at least do it with two to get both factions. It's about the fact that now it takes four times that amount, and it doesn't matter if you got that super rare drop on X character, because it's not the class that can use it and therefore Y character doesn't get it. It's also about the fact that quests that no longer exist in game will no longer give the full rewards Blizzard talked about, instead only giving them to the classes that did the quest in the first place.

Forgive me for disliking being punished for not seeing into the future.

Also, your avatar is awesome.
    aww man its allmost like you have to earn what you get...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    No but they said that old deleted quests would unlock all appereances as those aren't available anymore. I've not known this for months, this seems like quite fresh intel that it isn't so anymore.
    yeah we have known since they said it "items that fit your class armor type/weapons will unlock, even from old deleated quests" when they whent indepth
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It happens to everything blizzard does (assuming they listen in the first place).

Players: Hey Blizz we want X

Blizzard: Ok, we will implement X, but...
    They love to dig in their heels when it comes to QoL stuff or player requests and only gradually release their grip over several years. I'm not sure if it's just because they're seemingly incapable of finishing everything or what.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    again your making a huge "OMFG BLIZZ IS CHANGING EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER KNOWN LAST SECOND, WTF"

weve known these things for MONTHS and MONTHS ever since the wardrobe first popped up on the alpha

they never said "UNLOCK THE APPEREANCE OF EVERY ITEM YOU PICK UP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and defend Blizzard on this one. It makes perfect logical sense that only gear appropriate for your class can be "learned" and saved to the transmit closet. Also, people would exploit the shit out of trading Boe gear if it could be learned just by having it in your inventory.

Great move on Blizzard's part. Just be thankful a wardrobe system is coming to WoW in the first place.
    Once again, I don't really care about the Soulbound change that much. Yes, it limits it to the fact that if you get a super rare BoE drop on one class that can't equip that item, you don't get it in your Wardrobe anymore, but that is probably the most sensible change. What is likely the biggest and worst change is the one to 'you unlock every quest reward for every quest you've done'.

You're all aware there are quests you can no longer go back and do, right?

aww man its allmost like you have to earn what you get...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah we have known since they said it "items that fit your class armor type/weapons will unlock, even from old deleated quests" when they whent indepth
    'Earn what you get'? So my getting those items the first time wasn't earning them? My farming a raid and only getting a set I wanted on the wrong class isn't earning it? Please, regale me with your impossible standards some more when RNG comes knocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's alright now. I'm not thrilled but I got over my disappointment with that months ago when it was first revealed. Not sure we still need another thread discussing it.

At this point blizzard may as well just unlock ALL armor for ALL classes, Is that what you want?

If you play mage and plate drops, it shouldn't be unlocked... blizzard is doing the right thing for once.

This is a whole pile of crap, they should just do what they said initially and grant all the past rewards instead of renegging on something yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    They love to dig in their heels when it comes to QoL stuff or player requests and only gradually release their grip over several years. I'm not sure if it's just because they're seemingly incapable of finishing everything or what.
    It is because their EQ hardcore minds prohibit them from anything progressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

It's not even about one character. Before you had to at least do it with two to get both factions. It's about the fact that now it takes four times that amount, and it doesn't matter if you got that super rare drop on X character, because it's not the class that can use it and therefore Y character doesn't get it. It's also about the fact that quests that no longer exist in game will no longer give the full rewards Blizzard talked about, instead only giving them to the classes that did the quest in the first place.

Forgive me for disliking being punished for not seeing into the future.

Also, your avatar is awesome.
    Getting a "Super rare drop" for another class, especially outside of the armor type / class would make no sense. You are playing that class for a reason, if you really wanted a staff as a rogue than you should play a caster in my opinion.

Now I can see the point in making it so unlocking a dagger should unlock the transmog for other characters that can use daggers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I don't really care about the Soulbound change that much. Yes, it limits it to the fact that if you get a super rare BoE drop on one class that can't equip that item, you don't get it in your Wardrobe anymore, but that is probably the most sensible change. What is likely the biggest and worst change is the one to 'you unlock every quest reward for every quest you've done'.

You're all aware there are quests you can no longer go back and do, right?
    uhh if its a super rare BoE why dont you send it to your char to then unlock it...?

and yes we all know... but most ofthese old quests had rather shitty looking gear, most of it having been replaced with new ways to get them (and even in your own post you admit to blizzard saying there will be ways to get these old items) for example the garrison scrapyard allowed you to get alot of pre-cata items

and also look at the BMAH allows us to get nax 60 items...

so stop freaking out about things that arnt a thing..... and even if it is a thing, weve known all this for months, so we dont need another thread here... unless you change your picture to that of a slowpoke....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    This is a whole pile of crap, they should just do what they said initially and grant all the past rewards instead of renegging on something yet again.
    they never said that...

they still will, just not the ones your class unlocks like a warrior will unlock all plate, and weapons other then wands
    so basically, they won't.

most people probably didn't level a lot of different classes back then. so you're screwing everyone over when you first said it would unlock them all. so many quests and rewards aren't even in the game anymore, and there's no way to go do them now to be prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this already known? Pretty sure they've said several times now that only if the class you're playing on can use something will it be added. You know, kinda like the same rules that already apply to transmog. Some people seem like they saw that there were big changes coming and just filled in the blanks will all the changes they hope would happen. The fact you can even get all the quest items that you've already deleted to me is already more than expected and yet people think one quest should unlock every possible reward for the wardrobe? People are seriously crazy if they honestly thought that's how it'd work.

wait so you are complaining that plate classes can't unlock cloth gear with the new system even though they never have been able to.

blizzard is giving you a new feature and you are upset that it isn't enough

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    uhh if its a super rare BoE why dont you send it to your char to then unlock it...?

and yes we all know... but most ofthese old quests had rather shitty looking gear, most of it having been replaced with new ways to get them (and even in your own post you admit to blizzard saying there will be ways to get these old items) for example the garrison scrapyard allowed you to get alot of pre-cata items

and also look at the BMAH allows us to get nax 60 items...

so stop freaking out about things that arnt a thing..... and even if it is a thing, weve known all this for months, so we dont need another thread here... unless you change your picture to that of a slowpoke....

- - - Updated - - -

they never said that...
    Yes, they did. Do you want me to go to through the BlizzCon vids and pull it up? I will gladly do so. As to 'knowing about it for months', I haven't heard jack about these changes, nor do I recall seeing anything about them on the MMO-Champion front page. Please, direct me to them and I'll freely admit it didn't come out of nowhere.

BoE was perhaps the wrong example to use there. The point is that if you get an item that another class can use, and are not that class, you don't get to use that item. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Getting a "Super rare drop" for another class, especially outside of the armor type / class would make no sense. You are playing that class for a reason, if you really wanted a staff as a rogue than you should play a caster in my opinion.

Now I can see the point in making it so unlocking a dagger should unlock the transmog for other characters that can use daggers.
    Some of us play multiple classes and try for things like Loremaster and getting lots of achievements, but the idea of doing it eight times would make me want to pull my hair out. Sometimes you get lucky at the worst times, and I was certainly excited to think that some of this luck would be reversed thanks to the Wardrobe, when in reality what Blizzard is telling you to do is 'we changed our minds, farm some more'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    wait so you are complaining that plate classes can't unlock cloth gear with the new system even though they never have been able to.

blizzard is giving you a new feature and you are upset that it isn't enough
    No, we've known that the Transmog system doesn't let you turn your Plate into Cloth transmog for a long time, but if your Plate wearer lucks out and gets a lot of Cloth drops that you don't get on your Cloth classes, it is now essentially worthless, when before those Cloth drops would be usable on your Cloth classes.

that was only for unlocking items AFTER the new system was in place. that was understood.

i'm talking about removed old quests. things you did 8 years ago or more. there's NO way to do those things again to get it now, this is a fucked up design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so basically, they won't.

most people probably didn't level a lot of different classes back then. so you're screwing everyone over when you first said it would unlock them all. so many quests and rewards aren't even in the game anymore, and there's no way to go do them now to be prepared.
    read the OP's post please "we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

also alot of the "lost quests" items look meh, or have apperecnes still in the game/obtainable from the slavage crates

also alot of people missheard what they said i guess, since they didnt spell it out, they said you can equip it, it will unlock it, then they said "you will even unlocks the choices you dident choose from old quests" meaning old items that you could equip, you would get from the quests...

the only thing they have changed their mind about/didnt mention at blizzcon was that you could only unlock your armor type, not all equipabble items

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it no longer GIVES you all the quest rewards. It only gives you the quest rewards usable for that class. Meaning you have to make sure you do the quests on every class you can, as well as both factions. More over, if it's an OLD quest that no longer exists, whelp, sucks to be you my friend! This is a complete change from the previous way it was going to work.
    I can understand what you mean for the few removed quests, but what I'm getting at is that, for example, say I want a specific leather glove item from a Wrath quest for my monk alt's transmog; well, if my monk already did that quest, then that character already has the appearance, but if my monk didn't do the quest, then I just go back and do that quest on my monk. I don't understand the desire to want every appearance of every quest for my monk rather than just the stuff I actually want to transmog it to.

What they previously said was that doing a quest would unlock all models from that quest, as far as I know not mentioning the apparent restriction on primary armor type and equippable weapon types. That's especially important because there are plenty of quests that you can't do anymore that gave rewards with unique models.

Removing that is awful for people that've been playing for a long time. They earned those rewards when they did the content however long ago it was, especially in the case of Cata and prior quests where you didn't have quest rewards restricted by loot spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they did. Do you want me to go to through the BlizzCon vids and pull it up? I will gladly do so. As to 'knowing about it for months', I haven't heard jack about these changes, nor do I recall seeing anything about them on the MMO-Champion front page. Please, direct me to them and I'll freely admit it didn't come out of nowhere.

BoE was perhaps the wrong example to use there. The point is that if you get an item that another class can use, and are not that class, you don't get to use that item. At all.

Some of us play multiple classes and try for things like Loremaster and getting lots of achievements, but the idea of doing it eight times would make me want to pull my hair out. Sometimes you get lucky at the worst times, and I was certainly excited to think that some of this luck would be reversed thanks to the Wardrobe, when in reality what Blizzard is telling you to do is 'we changed our minds, farm some more'.
    they said you would unlock anything you could equip, then whent on to say "even from old quests no longer in the game"

so why would you want to do vanilla loremaster 8 times? with this new system with just 2 expansions you could easily get all the mog acheivs on 1 charecter, and alot of the old looks are still ingame from others ways...

This, of all topics, I did not expect to have Blizzard defendants. Yeah, I agree BoE's shouldn't unlock it in your wardrobe (but even that is iffy), but just straight up completely changing the quest reward thing is really dumb. Especially because you cannot do anything about pre-cataclysm quest rewards anyway. But I guess I better just yell "Hahaha you better earn your quest rewards!" and should've seen this coming 6 years ahead and should've done all 4k+ quests on 4 different primary armor class wearers, right?

they never said that...
    Yes they did. Here, have a read to enlighten yourself before you start talking about topics you don't know anything about.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249822/b...panel#transmog

Took 10 seconds of Googling too, gosh what a load of effort.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-05-18 at 10:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    What they previously said was that doing a quest would unlock all models from that quest, as far as I know not mentioning the apparent restriction on primary armor type and equippable weapon types. That's especially important because there are plenty of quests that you can't do anymore that gave rewards with unique models.

Removing that is awful for people that've been playing for a long time. They earned those rewards when they did the content however long ago it was, especially in the case of Cata and prior quests where you didn't have quest rewards restricted by loot spec.
    what they previously said was "you will unlock all items you can equip on that charecter" then "even in old quests no longer i nthe game"

also please show me these tons of unique super awesome models that are no were else in the game?