Next Expansion: Create Your Own Artifact?

This is definitely far off from now, and while playing I couldn't help but think of what comes next after Legion and our artifacts.

The only route I could think of is that we would be able to create our own artifacts with expanded aesthetic customization. They could also be given personal names, and extra customization could be unlocked.

How extensive the customization could be is another thing. If one has a sword, then I imagine they could change the hilt/blade/guard/etc. along with unique particle flairs.

I'd also imagine that they'd be less class focused, and one just chooses what weapon type/s they want to build while the appropriate stats/traits are allocated.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    This is definitely far off from now, and while playing I couldn't help but think of what comes next after Legion and our artifacts.

The only route I could think of is that we would be able to create our own artifacts with expanded aesthetic customization. They could also be given personal names, and extra customization could be unlocked.

How extensive the customization could be is another thing. If one has a sword, then I imagine they could change the hilt/blade/guard/etc. along with unique particle flairs.

I'd also imagine that they'd be less class focused, and one just chooses what weapon type/s they want to build while the appropriate stats/traits are allocated.

Thoughts?
    I'd envision something more like:

"Create your own artifact", "from a list of 20 premade artifacts".

The reasons, are .. because it's Blizzard, because it's Activision, and if you want cool customizations, you need to hit the cash shop.

Just sayin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The reasons, are .. because it's Blizzard, because it's Activision, and if you want cool customizations, you need to hit the cash shop.

Just sayin'.
    You can customize your garrison, and choose whatever you like in the different buildings slots from a pool of options. That's how a custom artifact could be built, where instead of building slots, you'd have appearance options and trait slots, which would have a pool of options each.

That's Blizzard, and that's Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You can customize your garrison, and choose whatever you like in the different buildings slots from a pool of options. That's how a custom artifact could be built, where instead of building slots, you'd have appearance options and trait slots, which would have a pool of options each.

That's Blizzard, and that's Activision.

I'm a fan or theory-crafting too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I'm a fan or theory-crafting too.
    Well what you posted about a customizable artifact only being possible through microtransactions is nothing but theorycrafting. I gave you a real life example of what already exists in the game absolutely for free.