Deleted

Mythic xhul help!

Hello all, this was our first night of progressing on Mythic Xhul'horac and we got floored. At the end of the night we had 40 wipes and our best try was 17% with alot of people dead. Here are our logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4wXTNtpqcGx9vZba

We started the night with this tactic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOT0lsnDit4

But at the end we did not feel comfortable with how we handled the green explosion/chainsoakers so we switched to this tactic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2028Vq6S8Vw

Our raid comp was a "normal" setup but for Xhul we brought 2 rogues, 2 dks, 2 mages and a hunte, we also tried to 3 heal it. Rogues did black hole soaking with warlocks, Dks gripped and mages + our hunter baited chain, we only used 3 ppl to bait because our shaman tried to ground every cast. Looking at our logs I dont feel that voidstep was the problem, when we raided we got Shadowfel Annihilation alot due to tanking (I guess). I was thinking that one of our DK go tank and we 3 tank it with him gripping adds/soak black holes.

We placed felsurge at the stairs and let everyone that did the black hole soaking explode the fire. Some tries went great but around 50% everything just hit the fan and it was fire in the raid (imps casting?) and we had to move and then a Shadowfel Annihilation went off.

What can we improve? Should we change our tactic? Should we 3 tank it? Should we 4 heal it? Should we change our soakers, now we went rogue rogue, warlock, warlock, dk, rogue >. Should we not explode the green fire after every soak?

Some of us have never raided before, but that is not an excuse when our guild is aiming to kill archi mythic before the patch.

Thanks in advance! //Blulingo

How is 40 wipes getting floored? Theres no magic bullet, you basically need to go through the learning experience. No you shouldn't 3 tank or 4 heal it. 2 tanks / 3heals is more than enough. The healing requirement is low, its a pretty binary fight, you're alive or you fuck up and you're dead.

Volatile Voidstep: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

Fel Snapback: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

Your chains soaking group is obviously failing to bait chains properly, be it because they aren't standing at their spots properly, or the ranged group is standing on the chains baiting group.

Finally, your Volatile Voidstep hits are ridiculous, fix that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I don't know if Void Fiends are much of a problem since I only checked for three minutes at best. But anyhow, for Void Fiends, your monk can use his Clones on them, making them hit them. As it seems some of the ranged are slacking.

Also both of your Warlocks should be using Havoc and Shadowburn a lot more. At the start they slacked quiet a lot on it, and slowly began to pick up. But they could still get a lot better.

As for your hunter, is isn't lining up each and every Rapid Fire with the Ring. I don't know if he is dead. But they do not line up as they should. It is critical to do this. Since there is 0 reason to ever be dead. If someone dies just get onto the next pull while it's on progress. Together with the fact he IS NOT USING Chimera Shot on COOLDOWN. That spell is so important it's over everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    its a pretty binary fight, you're alive or you fuck up and you're dead.
    It's not always true that if you screw up you are dead. There are mistakes that are very salvageable but most people wipe because they don't know the entirety of the fight.

The most obscure mechanic that I bet most people are unaware of is that the explosions can be survived easily by anyone, but only for 1 explosion every few seconds.

Another very common method and hard to perform, which distinguishes some good players from others, is that badly placed patches can be cleared.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-19 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    For starters; your DPS is low. Your 16% pull took longer than our first kill 9 months ago with 15 less avg ilvl.
    But then again our setup was a bit more refined.

Not sure if you aren't killing adds fast enough or you are having problems with your rotation for ccing imps but they had 487 casts over your 40 pulls.
    Either people need to switch to them quickly for example your hunter should be using barrage each time they spawn or you need a rotation such as

DK 1 - gorefiends grasp /druid 1 - solar beam
    DK 2 - gorefiends grasp /druid 2 - solar beam
    both DK's grip furthest 2 onto closest to boss / monk - leg sweep

checked out a few random pulls, tanks screwed up taunts every single one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    checked out a few random pulls, tanks screwed up taunts every single one
    Not completely unreasonable comment. Your warrior tank also dies quite a lot to the felblaze flurry. Granted it got better in the latter tries, he should never take the full flurry without a CD or an external on him. I have seen some tries where he dies without having a shield barrier up, which might have saved him. The add usually lives for 6 full casts, which is pretty long, but you can plan for this. He should always have enough rage for a barrier or a block when the combo starts and some sort of damage reduction up. You can for example say

1) Ring
    2) bennybrunsts vigilance
    3) Shield wall
    4) Skogsko's hand of sac
    5) Painsupp
    6) last stand and another hand of sac.

This together with a normal active mitigation ability should get him through this without ever dying.

Skogsko dies to weird things from time to time, but I don't know enough about paladin tanks to say whether that is his or the healers problem. His usage of seraphim seems rather lackluster though. I see some tries where he didn't use it for 2 minutes and then died, which is quite a waste for an ability with such a short cd.

Coming back to the tanks exploding: When Akkelion and Omnus die, the boss resets to their respective colour, meaning, that once Akkelion dies the next Strike will be a Felstrike, no matter what phase the boss is in right now. If you look at his cast bar you can taunt him quickly while he is already casting to salvage the situation though.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's not always true that if you screw up you are dead. There are mistakes that are very salvageable but most people wipe because they don't know the entirety of the fight.

The most obscure mechanic that I bet most people are unaware of is that the explosions can be survived easily by anyone, but only for 1 explosion every few seconds.

Another very common method and hard to perform, which distinguishes some good players from others, is that badly placed patches can be cleared.
    View it from the perspective of people progressing the fight. People get their first kills here because they get it "mostly right", not because they fuck up and all make MVP saves to salvage the situation. Once again I find your analysis nonconstructive to the OP's situation.

Deleted
    Looked at one replay where your shadowpriest was in chain group but not your hunter Im not sure the shadow priest understand it cause he keeps moving away from the mages and moving into the ranged group. Later on it was your hunter and mages like u mentioned but they arent staying together. Saw alot of occasions your mages were on a totally diffrent place then your hunter. Most guilds put 4 people for it to be more secure, cause atm chains are fucking over your raid alot.

I also see several people second potting and the rest of your raid isn´t, make sure they are aware when to pot.

Your disc is not doing to bad but needs to cast Power infusion way more. He has 12 casts in 40 wipes and on your longer wipes he doesnt use it until the end. Make sure you assign his barrier to one of the explosions in last phase aswell. His Archangel uptime is fine most of the time but he should be casting EAA PoH more, its not like he doesnt have the mana for it, i would even say he has way to much mana seeing as he doesnt even go under 100k most of the time on long pulls. Could generally be casting more.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-05-20 at 07:46 AM.