Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Last I checked we were a part of the EU. Stop being obtuse for the sake of being facetious.
    Yeah we are in the EU, but so what? The rules of Asylum state that they must ask for sanctuary in the first safe country they arrive in, tell me how that applies to an Island nation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    China has more room.
    And a higher demand for unskilled labor. Chinese homeowners could put tenants to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where people see the US bashing here, when the US isn't even mentioned in the OP, aside from a position in the graph. People are about to vote for Trump here - what position did you expect with that in mind?

As for China being the first - it is understandable. The article doesn't assess how many people actually mean what they say, it just mentions how many people say that. A lot of people in China are very poor, so they know what the refugees are going through and sympathize with them. Plus the official propaganda makes some people give dishonest answers, according to their belief that Chinese society is very compassionate and they need to match the image. How many people saying they would gladly accept refugees accept the number of them equal to 2% of Chinese population in reality, that is over 25 million refugees, and how many of them are actually willing to let them live in their homes? Now, these numbers are much lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I am in shock. I thought for sure this was a Tennisace thread

lol yay another bleeding heart fuck off
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Those smart Chinese motherfuckers; they are a brilliant bunch. Cheap labour right at their doorstep, open the gates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Shinra is generally pretty close by comparison.

I am not a humanitarian by any stretch of the imagination, human beings in general suck. I'd rather take in animals from an animal shelter than I would take in most normal people, doubly so for refugees from a culture so backwardly removed from modern society. I barely allow my friends into my house for any prolonged amount of time, like hell I'd ever want a total stranger in there.

Send them all to China, let them deal with that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

It isn't really hard to take in rabble when you plan to work them to death in a factory.

Immigrants would be more welcome elsewhere if we could use them as slaves too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Can you quote me that rule?

Did you see Canada in the title?
    1951 Geneva Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Oh don't fucking start this bullshit. Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan have each taken in more than a million of them. Saudi Arabia has taken 400,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Alltogether, Germany has about 300,000 Syrian applicants for asylum.

http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/asylum.php
    Applicants for asylum =/= number of refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Are they not the same person? I thought it was just an alt account.

We (UK) should take in more refugees...
    Nah, we are good thanks.

We're not lagging behind anything. We don't want your refugees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Maybe americans dont want to import the bad sides of those cultures?

*cough* Cologne new years eve attacks & carnival of cultures attacks in berlin *cough*

Deleted
    Why should I care?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'm on about the Syrian and Iraqi refugees. Anyways, we (UK) should do more, and the other countries involved as well, because we have caused chaos in the middle east, especially in Iraq and Syria.
    Can you imagine if we were in their shoes, and the whole world turned its back on us? I know some of the refugees are opportunists, but I'm on about the children and families, who deserve a warm bed at night. They can come to the UK, get an education, and contribute to the British society.
    I can't believe our immigration policy let you in

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Still better than your own bad sides
    I personally would love to see the war between those cultures and black "hood" people in america. Who has really the biggest ballz? Would be quite funny to see.

Are the wannabe criminals of middle eastern culture really that though if you release them in a country like america that already has a alpha predator (and trigger friendly hunters)?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-19 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    "America is awful because they bomb other countries. Everyone in the world hates them. Most countries want revenge on them."

"America is awful because they don't take in migrants that hate their country"

All I really hear lately.
    It's because Americans are hyper sensitive, I blame hiphop

If the survey question is really phrased as it is, it perhaps leads to some skewed results, while still surprising that China tops out the list.

For example, If I asked if you'd take a refugee into your home (yes/no), does that question address where the refugee is from, what the circumstances of their fleeing was, or how many other refugees have come at a similar time?

If I asked you if you'd take one of a hundred thousand refugees from an Islamic country and that the refugee was statistically male, would people answer the same, even though in the course of current events thats BASICALLY what we're talking about?

China, I doubt that shit but the rest seems legit.

Rofl.. I want to see who they asked and where, because I can tell you that certainly not even 10% of the overall German population is eager to house refugees or have them in their neighborhood. You'd have to promise willing good-looking virgins of the appropriate gender and of age to get maybe 50%..

Nah, I'm on about the Syrian and Iraqi refugees. Anyways, we (UK) should do more, and the other countries involved as well, because we have caused chaos in the middle east, especially in Iraq and Syria.
    Can you imagine if we were in their shoes, and the whole world turned its back on us? I know some of the refugees are opportunists, but I'm on about the children and families, who deserve a warm bed at night. They can come to the UK, get an education, and contribute to the British society.
    The entire civilized world has been sending over untold amounts of aid, helping take out oppressive regimes that the people themselves supported, and fighting against terrorist groups that exist in those countries. The refugees that come over generally see terrorists as heroes, and disagree with the lion's share of cultural values supported by the states they move to even well after moving.

Also do you think for a second that if the shoe was on the other foot, and there was a war in Europe that the same refugees from those countries would support you coming into their home and would pay for your education? You can even help them MORE by sending money there than you can by importing them, and even if asylum seeking was the end goal, why aren't they resettling in other Middle Eastern countries? Because, of course, theres a welfare state in Europe, thats why. Theres a reason the refugees walk right through Greece on their way to the rest of Europe, and its not because there is an ongoing war in Greece that they also are seeking asylum from.