Thread: Mage needs SAND

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I would roll a priest if I wanted to heal.
    That's one of the worst arguments you can make.
    Going by that we should have one damage class, one tank class and one healer class and each class can perform exactly one role.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Indeed! And what better time there can be than second coming of Dalaran, cities full of arcane fed elves and Legion on the horizon! Sand augmentation for mages! Best idea ever! Must happen!
    How is pouring sand into peoples eyes an augmentation to warping reality?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    by that we should have one damage class, one tank class and one healer class and each class can perform exactly one role.
    This is called a strawman argument. Nowhere anyone said or implied that. In fact, there are people that do like hybrid classes, and other people roll a pure ranged DPS class for a reason, to do ranged DPS.

Anyway, on the topic, it is a good idea, it doesn't sound necessary of course. A good start would be to do it for the Time Warp spell because you know, sand. But, the spec already has an established look.

Deleted
    This is called a strawman argument. Nowhere anyone said or implied that. In fact, there are people that do like hybrid classes, and other people roll a pure ranged DPS class for a reason, to do ranged DPS.
    You are merely throwing around standard phrases so you don't have to actually deal with the points I make.

Noone is keeping those people from playing a DPS mage so your "argument" is invalid.
    You haven't delivered one decent argument against time mages.

EDIT:
    The one argument against it would be the "hybrid tax" on the assumption blizz puts that on us.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-05-21 at 09:02 AM.

I reckon a sand spec would actually be really awesome.

I get what you mean but, if you think about that, our devs do whatever they want, when they want it, if it fits their desires.

I mean I could argue that 10 years ago I made a hunter because I wanted 3 ranged DPS specs with pets, but in Legion Survival will be a melee spec and MM won't have a pet by default...

tl;dr: nothing stops them from doing what they want with their game, even if it means "destroying" 10 year old traditions.

I remember frost (DK) being a tank spec and blood being a DPS spec. Well, that was changed too, for whatever reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    That's one of the worst arguments you can make.
    Going by that we should have one damage class, one tank class and one healer class and each class can perform exactly one role.

How is pouring sand into peoples eyes an augmentation to warping reality?
    It is a magical sand! Mystical and tied to bronzies!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    tl;dr: nothing stops them from doing what they want
    Of course. It was a reference about what players want. I'm willing to bet a lot of mage and warlock players wanted a class that is very ranged DPS.