Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Do you approve of makeup?

The other day I was sitting around and saw a picture poking fun at women who wear make up. It basically said along the lines that they want a man who is honest, yet they hide their true looks behind a mask called makeup. It got me thinking about how some women are really skilled with makeup, and how some look drastically different when they don't wear any.

That brings me to my question, do you approve of makeup? Do you think a women should wear makeup as a means to make themselves look and seem more appealing to others while men typically can't wear makeup, or wont?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Yes but many don't use it for men they use for themself.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The other day I was sitting around and saw a picture poking fun at women who wear make up. It basically said along the lines that they want a man who is honest, yet they hide their true looks behind a mask called makeup. It got me thinking about how some women are really skilled with makeup, and how some look drastically different when they don't wear any.

That brings me to my question, do you approve of makeup? Do you think a women should wear makeup as a means to make themselves look and seem more appealing to others while men typically can't wear makeup, or wont?
    "once or twice around the sun and then you're done"
    Do what you like, fuck what others think.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Yes but many don't use it for men they use for themself.
    Why though? Shouldn't we try to target the self esteem issues that make them feel the need to wear what is essentially a disguise instead of making makeup so ok?
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I need to see a woman without makeup before I can decide if she is worth investing time / money.

Some can hide really ugly stuff.

Deleted
    Indifferent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't care, personally. Not my decision as to whether or not they wear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no opinion (nor should I) on what other people do and don't wear. It is literally of zero consequence to me, and it doesn't affect my life one way or another.

Why should what I think about it affect some stranger's decisions?

Most women wear makeup...more or less depending on what part of the world/country you're in. In the US for example, Texas women wear more makeup than Colorado women, who are more fresh-faced.

My usual makeup is a bit of concealer if needed + mascara, clear lip gloss and a light-colored eyeshadow. I have worn more for special outings and overall wore more makeup when I lived in Chicago versus out here in Portland, but either way I basically look the same without makeup. My skin and hair are good, which really is half of the battle when it comes to appearance (beyond keeping in shape).

Deleted
    I think they should do what they want when it comes to make up - and don't care about if others like it or not.

I barely wear any except for some concealer and mascara. But that's merely a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I have no opinion (nor should I) on what other people do and don't wear. It is literally of zero consequence to me, and it doesn't affect my life one way or another.

Why should what I think about it affect some stranger's decisions?
    Well, think of it like this. If you are dating someone for the first time, you really wouldn't know what she truly looks like since she would probably be wearing makeup. Do you care at that point that the person who you are trying to get to know is already being dishonest with you in how they look?

Deleted
    Do you care at that point that the person who you are trying to get to know is already being dishonest with you in how they look?
    Do you think wearing clothes is "dishonest" in regards to how you look too?

Well, think of it like this. If you are dating someone for the first time, you really wouldn't know what she truly looks like since she would probably be wearing makeup. Do you care at that point that the person who you are trying to get to know is already being dishonest with you in how they look?
    Really makeup is such a cultural norm that you should just view it as a part of her date attire, unless the makeup is super heavy and has lots of contouring.

Makeup is really the least of it in regards to illusion, if that's what you're worried about. Spanx, hair extensions, fake nails, fake eyelashes...some women are all about that stuff.

Not me personally, feels far too fake to me. What if a nail or eyelash falls off while you're making out >.>

This idea that makeup is a falsehood is some kind of next level internet ridiculousness.

Makeup is fine, you don't have to wear it, you don't have to not wear it, it's not a big fucking deal. Settle down, internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Do you think wearing clothes is "dishonest" in regards to how you look too?
    No. Not really the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really makeup is such a cultural norm that you should just view it as a part of her date attire, unless the makeup is super heavy and has lots of contouring.

Makeup is really the least of it in regards to illusion, if that's what you're worried about. Spanx, hair extensions, fake nails, fake eyelashes...some women are all about that stuff.

Not me personally, feels far too fake to me. What if a nail or eyelash falls off while you're making out >.>
    There are a lot of things women can do to appear different, like what you have mentioned. It's just that makeup is far more common, and more widely spread in terms of use among the various age groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an asinine thing to say.

On a first date, people will do things like dress in their nicest clothes, spend a little more money than they ought to, not emphasize their flaws, or be forthcoming with some of their closet's skeletons - things of that nature. They'll laugh at unfunny jokes, they'll extend courtesies that they generally do not, and overall, while they may be a version of themselves, they aren't being 100% authentic. Many of these things can also be said for a job interview, too.

It is not dishonest; it is part of making a good impression.

Do you not brush your hair when you go out on a date? Why? That's not what it looks like when you wake up in the morning. Are you being dishonest? How about showering or wearing scented products like cologne? That's not how you REALLY smell, is it?

When I first met my wife, she was wearing nice clothes, she had makeup on, and had her hair done nicely. I didn't feel she was being dishonest, in fact, I appreciated that she went through that much effort to look nice for me.

Now we sit around in our underwear, with bed head for as long as we see fit. And you know what? She's still as beautiful as the day I met her.
    She didn't falsely advertise anything.

I think you have real problems.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Not really the same thing.
    Of course it is. You can't just exclude things that also fit the description of what you're suggesting, simply because they make the logic you espouse seem shoddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What an asinine thing to say.

On a first date, people will do things like dress in their nicest clothes, spend a little more money than they ought to, not emphasize their flaws, or be forthcoming with some of their closet's skeletons - things of that nature. They'll laugh at unfunny jokes, they'll extend courtesies that they generally do not, and overall, while they may be a version of themselves, they aren't being 100% authentic. Many of these things can also be said for a job interview, too.

It is not dishonest; it is part of making a good impression.

Do you not brush your hair when you go out on a date? Why? That's not what it looks like when you wake up in the morning. Are you being dishonest? How about showering or wearing scented products like cologne? That's not how you REALLY smell, is it?

When I first met my wife, she was wearing nice clothes, she had makeup on, and had her hair done nicely. I didn't feel she was being dishonest, in fact, I appreciated that she went through that much effort to look nice for me.

Now we sit around in our underwear, with bed head for as long as we see fit. And you know what? She's still as beautiful as the day I met her.
    She didn't falsely advertise anything.

I think you have real problems.
    Wanting to have a harmless discussion about makeup is me having problems? Who knew.

Of course it is. You can't just exclude things that also fit the description of what you're suggesting, simply because they make the logic you espouse seem shoddy.
    Not really no. Your face, the thing that the entire world see's and connects to you, your name, your personality, Everything about you isn't being hidden behind clothing. People are not going to get your name and connect it with a specific shirt, they are going to connect that name, and your actions, to a face. Your face is how you are recognized, how you are picked out from others. Not the clothing.

There are a lot of things women can do to appear different, like what you have mentioned. It's just that makeup is far more common, and more widely spread in terms of use among the various age groups.
    Sure. Men use various techniques too, though...hairstyle, dyes, tans, tattoos, piercings, facial hair, general grooming stuff. Attire. Body/weight management. Obviously most aren't mutually exclusive to men but really we all do some sort of maintenance/style management.

Are you asking is it okay for men to wear it? I think that was handled back in the 80's but it is still a long way off, If I could wear makeup and make girls get all hot and bothered like guys do for pretty girls all made up. Then yes and how, shut up and take my money!