Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Grouping and Reset Timer Rules

So, with the pre-patch, apparently the Americas and Oceanic Realms will share the same Battle Group and Reset Timer. How do you feel about this?

I, for one, am very excited for this change, I play on a Brazilian server (Nemesis) that only has two Realms in it's battle group (Nemesis and Goldrinn) and that made it dreadful to server hop. Are the 4 rares from Tanaan dead? Well, tough luck. Did it spawn and was insta downed before you got there? Well, tough luck. Are all the quest enemies dead? Well, tough luck. Want to find a group to do any kind of World Activity? HAH!

I like this change, let's hope it actually lets us join the Raiding and Dungeoning too.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as the people in my dungeon groups all speak English it's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    As long as the people in my dungeon groups all speak English it's fine by me.
    You must be quite lucky, I find it a miracle when even a single person in the group is capable of speech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    You must be quite lucky, I find it a miracle when even a single person in the group is capable of speech.
    Yes, I am a talkative player. I have nothing against foreigners, but I play on a US Server and I don't like getting grouped-up with players from Goldrinn or similar servers because I often have to explain something to the group and they can't understand me. If they are good players then it doesn't bother me at all.

Uh. Isn't this already a thing? I get oceanic servers in my group all the time.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I will pretty regularly get "Hi" at the start and "TY" at the end, but rarely anything else.
    But at least there seems to be a positive move in even that being more frequent than it used to be.
    It wouldn't usually reach one letter, let alone two.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I thought they already did. I remember always getting Latin American players in my dungeon groups when I was doing them.

good now we can infect those dissident animals with no personal space with our potent concoctions of capitalism.

The ancient east stands no chance, this is all retroactive!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to tank LFR with alts until I got tired of trying to handle switch offs and stuff with tanks from Goldrinn and Ragnaros who didn't speak English. They didn't know the mechanics, and since I didn't speak Spanish or Portugese, I couldn't explain it to them. Which of course meant wipes until the group got mad enough to kick them. It just got super old.

I don't care about region, but they should group realms by language.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I thought they already did. I remember always getting Latin American players in my dungeon groups when I was doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Uh. Isn't this already a thing? I get oceanic servers in my group all the time.
    Only for LFD and LFR, not for LFG. LFG is exclusive to your server. With this change, LFG will include South America and Oceanic into the North America, so the list, at least for South America Server, will be at least 10x bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I used to tank LFR with alts until I got tired of trying to handle switch offs and stuff with tanks from Goldrinn and Ragnaros who didn't speak English. They didn't know the mechanics, and since I didn't speak Spanish or Portugese, I couldn't explain it to them. Which of course meant wipes until the group got mad enough to kick them. It just got super old.

I don't care about region, but they should group realms by language.
    I always wondered about this whole Tank LFR. I mean... Even when the Raid just got released I would rarely wipe on a Boss, even without saying a word to the other Tank other than "Taunt pls".

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for LFD and LFR, not for LFG. LFG is exclusive to your server. With this change, LFG will include South America and Oceanic into the North America, so the list, at least for South America Server, will be at least 10x bigger.

I always wondered about this whole Tank LFR. I mean... Even when the Raid just got released I would rarely wipe on a Boss, even without saying a word to the other Tank other than "Taunt pls".
    The problem was this: Brazilian tank queues in. English speaking tank queues in. Brazilian tank is a newbie and did not bother to read up on the fights. Tsulong fight begins. English tank eats a shadow breath and yells TAUNT! and Brazilian tank does nothing. Group wipes. Group wipes again. And again. And finally listens to the English tank and kicks the Brazilian tank.

This is a good play experience for absolutely NO ONE involved. Not either tank and not the 23 people suffering because the newbie tank can't taunt and can't communicate with anyone.

Same-language groups is the only way to go.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2016-07-01 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    The problem was this: Brazilian tank queues in. English speaking tank queues in. Brazilian tank is a newbie and did not bother to read up on the fights. Tsulong fight begins. English tank eats a shadow breath and yells TAUNT! and Brazilian tank does nothing. Group wipes. Group wipes again. And again. And finally listens to the English tank and kicks the Brazilian tank.

This is a good play experience for absolutely NO ONE involved. Not either tank and not the 23 people suffering because the newbie tank can't taunt and can't communicate with anyone.

Same-language groups is the only way to go.
    Uh, my experience with people in general is that, no matter the language, some of them just plainly suck and won't listen. Any tank knows what Taunt means, he just isn't looking at chat or has it disabled.

Newbies and jerks exist in all languages, but the brazilian one's, normally are the worst. I'm a brazilian player, and i cry when i see one of this players(and i help to kick a player who dont`t care to listen and help other, and i speak in portugue or spanish with the person, and normally, they ignore you). I try my best to know the fight, watch videos and other stuffs to comunicate with other, and try my best to do my function the best i can. My english is not perfect, but i can comunicate and understanding with others. The big problem is when english native use native speech and some abbreviation that a non english player most likely won`t know and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Yes, I am a talkative player. I have nothing against foreigners, but I play on a US Server and I don't like getting grouped-up with players from Goldrinn or similar servers because I often have to explain something to the group and they can't understand me. If they are good players then it doesn't bother me at all.
    Well, some people from brazilian and latin american servers don't like getting grouped with american players. Blizzard tried to solve this problem by making the adventurer's journal with all the fights explained, but you know...laziness rules the world.
    I am very talkative as well, and most of the time people from pugs just ignore each other and do what they want, regardless of their nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminolucy View Post
    The big problem is when english native use native speech and some abbreviation that a non english player most likely won`t know and understand.
    This.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Honestly this is something blizzard shot not do till they get some kinda of built in translation baked in first, the other day i did a pug HFC and it was ML. The ML'er was not from an English realm/client so when he linked all the loot i had to manually click every item to see what it is instead of just looking at the name and /roll if it was what i was after.

Then the other day i ran LFR for a tank bag and one of the members was from a non-english server/client and had that ready check addon that checks for flask food rune etc and reports it in chat, all i saw was a wall of text of Asian text i ended up putting him on ignore.

So, with the pre-patch, apparently the Americas and Oceanic Realms will share the same Battle Group and Reset Timer. How do you feel about this?

I, for one, am very excited for this change, I play on a Brazilian server (Nemesis) that only has two Realms in it's battle group (Nemesis and Goldrinn) and that made it dreadful to server hop. Are the 4 rares from Tanaan dead? Well, tough luck. Did it spawn and was insta downed before you got there? Well, tough luck. Are all the quest enemies dead? Well, tough luck. Want to find a group to do any kind of World Activity? HAH!

I like this change, let's hope it actually lets us join the Raiding and Dungeoning too.
    IF I wanted to play with people who don't speak English, I'd join the Europe realms.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Are the 4 rares from Tanaan dead? Well, tough luck. Did it spawn and was insta downed before you got there? Well, tough luck. Are all the quest enemies dead? Well, tough luck. Want to find a group to do any kind of World Activity? HAH!
    Uh... Your first two cases (Tanaan Mini-World Bosses and quest mobs) suggest there are too many players while your last case suggests there are not enough players. I am confused, which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Then the other day i ran LFR for a tank bag and one of the members was from a non-english server/client and had that ready check addon that checks for flask food rune etc and reports it in chat, all i saw was a wall of text of Asian text i ended up putting him on ignore.
    I automatically ignore those people even when its in English. There should be a setting to turn it of for LFR, but they don't even bother.

You know this is for open world stuff and you're like not even likely to notice it one bit, not to mention they have been able to join instance groups for as long as I can remember. Stop with the xenophobia and remember there are shit players from every country, you're only going to notice the shit ones because a good player will not cause a problem for you and you can just carry on.

I am excited because I just moved to Australia but have stayed on my NA realm so as to be able to play with my bro and guildies and whatnot in open world content. Unfortunately, the latency can be dodgy at times so I was considering transferring to an OC server for better latency, but didn't want to leave my bro behind. This new decision might help seal the deal.