Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Illidan's past memories

Light's Heart storyline continues:

Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-06-22 at 03:17 PM.

"If the glaive drops, can I have it?"

<Cringe> is that actually the voice of the Naaru? Was the voice actor on a drug when recording?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    <Cringe> is that actually the voice of the Naaru? Was the voice actor on a drug when recording?
    Wtf?. Whats wrong with her voice, its perfectly suitable.

Not for my tastes, for a god-like celestial being, it sounds wrong, like a child doing a ghostly voice at a halloween party.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Illidan isn't very bright when you consider this video. Always talking to himself like a nutter, referring to the Elves as "my peoples future" instead of ""our future" as if he owns them. Basically has zero connection with what hes doing or who hes doing it for. Especially when he sacrifices his own people over and over. No wonder they locked him up, pure sociopath.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-06-22 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Holy shit illidan absorbs arcane energy by stripping his disciples. How lewd !
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-06-22 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp... people wanted an Illidan redemption story. His being a prophesized universal savior puts him on a level of Mary Suedom above even Green Jesus. Maybe the rest of the story we've not seen yet will make it less cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Illidan isn't very bright when you consider this video. Always talking to himself like a nutter, referring to the Elves as "my peoples future" instead of ""our future" as if he owns them. Basically has zero connection with what hes doing or who hes doing it for. Especially when he sacrifices his own people over and over. No wonder they locked him up, pure sociopath.
    It's got more to do with him being a half-demon, immortal and not exactly likely to change along his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit ! In black temple.....Johnny awesome was there !!! He is a real hero !!!

Aaaaah, I see it now. It all makes sense. When Illidan was referring to the "power within" in the Black Temple fight, he wasn't referring to his inner demon. He was talking about the power of cringe eternal. Good news is that the ending of Starcraft II looks like a masterpiece in comparison to Illidan being the universe's chosen one now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Uugh..
    I know they want him to be the hero.. But that birth part made me cringe.
    And what the hell is a Naaru doing in the DK class hall?
    And why does Malfurion have golden eyes?
    Every class ships the Light's Heart to their Class Order Hall for safekeeping.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aaaaah, I see it now. It all makes sense. When Illidan was referring to the "power within" in the Black Temple fight, he wasn't referring to his inner demon. He was talking about the power of cringe eternal. Good news is that the ending of Starcraft II looks like a masterpiece in comparison to Illidan being the universe's chosen one now.
    You now i loved it. They make serious and actually interesting quest chain and menage to fully fuck it up in literally last 5 minutes. Classic blizzard.

The ending caught me off guard. It didn't tell us anything new, despite all the build up to it. There are some things about the events from Burning Crusade that the novel re-contextualized that would have been a lot more useful to show here.

The rest of it's pretty cool though. The Black Rook Hold section had some good character moments, and the eye-burning scene tried some interesting cinematography. It makes me really want to see them do a full game like this, with an engine actually intended for it.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-06-22 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending has a cinematic that isn't in game. It pops up a placerholder atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bit that annoys me is the fact we go through all this to drag out Illidan, redeem him.. then BANG, he makes his sacrifice and blossoms into a new Naaru. Nonsensical and inane. Why does Illidan become the new empowerment and embodiment of light and hope for others. Makes no sense.

Ah, well, that might help. I still wish we were at least getting something like internal monologue from Illidan during the fight though, since we've already seen it from our perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    The bit that annoys me is the fact we go through all this to drag out Illidan, redeem him.. then BANG, he makes his sacrifice and blossoms into a new Naaru. Nonsensical and inane. Why does Illidan become the new empowerment and embodiment of light and hope for others. Makes no sense.
    You must be seeing something I'm not. Not even his novel said this. So link me up please.

Unless it's more exaggerating which is usual here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You now i loved it. They make serious and actually interesting quest chain and menage to fully fuck it up in literally last 5 minutes. Classic blizzard.
    Last five? I liked the raid fight from boss' perspective. Though I haven't paid attention to the raid itself, if Johnny Awesome is in it then it kinda sucks balls. To me, the first 5 minutes were already full of cringe, when Xe'ra was talking on how universe chose Illidan to be purple Jesus. His destiny being forged by the very creation of the universe is the new champion of "chosen one" trope. The fact that the chosen one is going to be reborn through/in/with the floating chandelier of all that is holy isn't much better.

Really loved watching this questline. Looks really fun. I'm all for lore quests like these and would definitely love to see more of those in the future. I hope blizzard adds more.