aaaaaaaaaa bbbboyyyyyyy?????????????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    A boy???????
    "looking at the baby"
    sir I think it's a girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

This thread is offensive. It's putting a gender on someone who we don't know what gender they have chosen for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    A boy???????
    illidan is still a boy compared to something that exists since the beginning of the universe.
    we all are.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    This thread is offensive. It's putting a gender on someone who we don't know what gender they have chosen for themselves.
    you mean Illidan or Naaru ?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    illidan is still a boy compared to something that exists since the beginning of the universe.
    we all are.
    if Illidan who was born 10000+ is consider child
    I'm 25 years old............ for a naaru I should be born yesterday
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    if Illidan who was born 10000+ is consider child
    I'm 25 years old............ for a naaru I should be born yesterday
    for a naaru you are only a second old.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    for a naaru you are only a second old.
    "rising my fist High"
    damn you Naaru

why do we fucking need illidan anyways, just mass produce whisp and let them loose on the legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    why do we fucking need illidan anyways, just mass produce whisp and let them loose on the legion
    Can you actually "produce" whisps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Can you actually "produce" whisps?
    Yes, you just kill night elves. It's not like they really contribute anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    the Wisps are still underproduction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Make sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    ... smh tbh, fam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Because that will be a shitty Story that insults the intelligence of every player. And why Illidan is called a boy? That all sounds like a cheap Harry Potter Rip-Off. Illidan is a fucking 10.000 years old adult man.
    Probably comparing Illidan's age to his own. So boy would be appropriate.

Predictable, Illidan is the protagonist of this new expansion

Xe'ra's Core communicates with player and is asking for Illidan.
    Because Illidan's fate is to destroy Argus by using the Prime Naaru's core as a Light Bomb and destroy Argus, demons' leaders and the Sargeras inside him (Illidan).
    Last patch events in the last raid.

Deleted
    This is just a theory, but here goes.

This entire storyline was most likely made for Med'an. Since he's basically a mix of everything that would be light and shadow. Instead, Blizzard chose Illidan. But why?

If Med'an didn't get such negative feedback from the community, it would probably be him that the Elder Naaru was asking for in Legion.

Blizzard might have changed it because they knew Illidan was more favorable among the community, and also the closest thing to a "light and shadow" character, so they went with him instead.

So...
    To be honest, we should all be happy if this is the case, because they could have gone four different paths:

1. make Med'an the Champion of the Light
    2. make Illidan the Champion of the Light
    3. make a whole new character to be the Champion of the Light (if this was the case, he/she would not be well received given the nature of the current WoW community, comparing everything to any movie, series, book out there calling it a "rip-off")
    4. do nothing, meaning zero story development

This is just a theory, but here goes.

This entire storyline was most likely made for Med'an. Since he's basically a mix of everything that would be light and shadow. Instead, Blizzard chose Illidan. But why?

If Med'an didn't get such negative feedback from the community, it would probably be him that the Elder Naaru was asking for in Legion.

Blizzard might have changed it because they knew Illidan was more favorable among the community, and also the closest thing to a "light and shadow" character, so they went with him instead.

So...
    To be honest, we should all be happy if this is the case, because they could have gone four different paths:

3. make a whole new character to be the Champion of the Light (if this was the case, he/she would not be well received given the nature of the current WoW community, comparing everything to any movie, series, book out there calling it a "rip-off")
    4. do nothing, meaning zero story development
    5. do something better than the chosen one BS. RIP story.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    The point is clearly that the Naaru is so much older that Illidan is a "boy" in relative terms. You can't believe that they replaced Anduin with Illidan at the last moment and just didn't have the time to replace the word "boy". It's used to show just how ancient the Naaru are.

I'm withholding judgement on this plot device. I like the idea of Illidan leading the anti-demon army, but I'm less keen on the idea of an "Angel Illidan". If that happens literally I'm not sure how I'll feel, but if he just becomes the leader of the anti-demon army/armies then I'm fine with it.
    I'm just saying, Anduin should be heavily important to the plot of legion like thrall was to cata. Still though it's only beta so we don't know exactly what will happen. This is just cynical speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    So...
    To be honest, we should all be happy if this is the case, because they could have gone five different paths:

3. make Anduin the Champion of the Light
    4. make a whole new character to be the Champion of the Light (if this was the case, he/she would not be well received given the nature of the current WoW community, comparing everything to any movie, series, book out there calling it a "rip-off")
    5. do nothing, meaning zero story development
    I just had to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Mercy, respect, compassion and such are tenants of the Church of Light. The kind of values and positive emotions that through spreading them, and through faith, grant you the blessed power of the Light. That's why I named them.
    And you named them in relation to some of the big villians in the Warcraft universe and stated as a fact that they all held more of these values than Illidan Stormrage. I still call bullshit, because in every step of the way, from W3, through BC through the book it is demonstrably false.

He's been an absolute monster to Outland to pursue the death of his personal foe. He's enslaved, corrupted, tortured and soul-destroyed many thousands.
    So has the player character. Worse, we'll go from continent to continent, world, to world, foe to foe, none too large or small or petty. We do it for coppers. We've been easily fooled to slaughter dozens and happily smiled as we burn forests and slaughter wildlife. We're bloodthirsty little bastards and we have been for years.

We're far worse than Illidan yet we're being worshipped in-game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    We're far worse than Illidan yet we're being worshipped in-game as well.
    I don't remember us forcing a sentient race into slavery. I don't remember us creating thousands of fel-corrupted monstrosities. I don't remember us destroying the souls of thousands of innocents, including our own forces, to power our rituals.

I remember several other villains doing such things though. I remember us fighting to stop such things. Sure, the player kills a lot of hostile enemies and animals. But slavery, sacrificing the innocent and leading thousands into corruption, I do not remember us doing. If you really think we're far worse than someone that tears the souls of innocents and allies apart agonizingly, by the hundreds, then I think our perceptions lie too far apart to reach consensus here, unfortunately.