Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm pro choice but even I concede the point when a fetus become a human is an opinion not a fact.
    Definitely not an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well the other party is thriving by shutting down democracy.
    I'm not sure how the democratic party is doing that, when they are always light-years ahead in wanting to increase voter participation in all demographics.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What if you have it done elsewhere?
    That's basically the result -- people with money will travel to another state to have it done. People who are poor will have to get back-alley abortions.

I'm not sure what sort of jurisdiction rules apply -- for example if a doctor has a license to practice in Oklahoma and another state and performs and abortion in the other state can OK go after them anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    This bill also outlaws abortion for rape and incest victims.
    I imagine false accusations would skyrocket if that wasn't the case.

Anyway doesn't OK have contraception and morning after pills?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What other person's choice is being removed?
    Are you serious? Let's kill someone and claim their rights aren't be removed? Even if you try to create your own non-scientific supported opinion of when life is created (which is funny because they consider a bacteria as life) you realize in court you can be charged with taking away what possibilities would happen in the future? For example, I go into a medical lawsuit and they sue based off the future I could of had.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Roe v. Wade is a right to privacy. Thanks for playing.
    You are being needlessly pedantic.

The constitution established the rights and powers of the judicial branch and the judicial branch and declared that access to abortion is a constitutional right.

If you want to argue that it isn't explicitly stated in the constitution, that's fine, but it's a point that's pointless to make in the context of the current legal landscape.

This law will be declared unconstitutional. People who voted for it even said it was likely it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Interesting question about how a law like this would affect those things -- certainly opens the window to outlawing them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I imagine false accusations would skyrocket if that wasn't the case.

Obviously just don't have sex ever.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Are you serious? Let's kill someone and claim their rights aren't be removed? Even if you try to create your own non-scientific supported opinion of when life is created (which is funny because they consider a bacteria as life) you realize in court you can be charged with taking away what possibilities would happen in the future? For example, I go into a medical lawsuit and they sue based off the future I could of had.
    It's not a person. It's life. It's even human life. But it's not a human life. It's not a person. I don't get any more upset about the removal of an early stage fetus than I do about the removal of a gallbladder.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously just don't have sex ever.
    Well...that is the stance of the abstinence only crowd. Statistics be damned and all that.

EDIT -- c'mon people. Don't turn this into a fetus vs life debate. It's been done a million times, it doesn't ever go anywhere good, and the threads always get locked.

What other person's choice is being removed?
    I think and this is just me trying to understand their argument but they are talking about removing the choice to remove another person choice. Basically you are removing the law makers choice to remove the choice to abort or not. I'm probably wrong because that sounds nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think and this is just me trying to understand their argument but they are talking about removing the choice to remove another person choice. Basically you are removing the law makers choice to remove the choice to abort or not. I'm probably wrong because that sounds nuts.
    Nah, he's talking about the removal of the fetus's choice of whether or not to be born. Which is like arguing about the choice of an appendix of whether or not to be removed.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Definitely not an opinion.
    How is it not an opinion. The moment something becomes human is entirely up to our opinions. We set the parameters for the classification.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, like Machismo level of nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Well...that is the stance of the abstinence only crowd. Statistics be damned and all that.

EDIT -- c'mon people. Don't turn this into a fetus vs life debate. It's been done a million times, it doesn't ever go anywhere good, and the threads always get locked.
    Problems arise when no definition of life can be agreed on.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it not an opinion. The moment something becomes human is entirely up to our opinions. We set the parameters for the classification.
    There is definitely a biological threshold that has to be surpassed in order to be a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

totally unconstitutional this issue was settled by the SCOTUS in Roe vs Wade

But totally expected from the right wing idiots out there that really when it comes to it dont give a fuck about the constitution and the right to freedom of choice

You are being needlessly pedantic.

The constitution established the rights and powers of the judicial branch and the judicial branch and declared that access to abortion is a constitutional right.

If you want to argue that it isn't explicitly stated in the constitution, that's fine, but it's a point that's pointless to make in the context of the current legal landscape.

This law will be declared unconstitutional. People who voted for it even said it was likely it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting question about how a law like this would affect those things -- certainly opens the window to outlawing them as well.
    What the law will be declared doesn't make it correct or even actually unconstitutional. People, more specifically democrats, just throw unconstitutional at whatever they can however they can, whether it is or not. It gives more support to the cause because the sheep will believe it. It gives more emphasis on how they view and issue than just saying thing like, "you are wrong". Or do you think we live in an era where people don't lie?

Also, considering politics is all about being pedantic, thank you?
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    The definition of life isn't even the problem. People kill many living things throughout a regular day. There is no outrage for every single one of those items.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

It's not a person. It's life. It's even human life. But it's not a human life. It's not a person. I don't get any more upset about the removal of an early stage fetus than I do about the removal of a gallbladder.
    Says who? I came from this fetus so I find it interesting you are saying I'm not a human a life.

But here is my question -- whether or not you agree with legalized abortion you have to admit this is blatantly unconstitutional and they admit it'll get struck down fast in court -- so why on earth would they pass this?
    Politicians knowingly wasting tax payer money should be criminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup -- and for some reason the conversations never seem to remain civil when it is discussed.

Isn't the current legal standard fetal viability? Is that 24 weeks now? Or have states successfully gotten that down to 20? I think some of those laws got struck down but I'm not sure...hard to keep track.

Still -- going back to my original point I'm not sure continuing to placate their more conservative base is a great strategy as they'll continue to alienate an increasingly socially liberal electorate.