Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Don't really see the issue. Sometimes I get tired of the green druid CM set. Now I can get a slightly different red version.

You are really complaining about them putting some pretty cool looking gear into the game instead of nothing?

Get a grip dude, more cool looking gear is a good thing. Recolors of cool sets are a good thing.
    Considering how previous commentators said that using old armors was no big deal, then surely having none would neither?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    How is making old armors look new by adding a few flashy bits on them extra work?
    It's extra work because they didn't have to do it. They didn't have to add class hall sets at all, but they chose to, and also chose to put in extra work by modifying the armor. The garrison sets were completely unchanged from MoP--hell, the DK one was taken straight from Wrath, without even a texture update. That's lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's not like it's a tier set or something. chill
    Would be acceptable to me if the tier set(for me personally as a hunter) wasn't complete ass as well

The difference is there for someone that isnt looking for a reason to be mad they are missing huge components that make the CM look good/different. The priest set is the exception to this of course since it really is just a recolor, all the rest kind of make me think of the difference between Mythic Tier and Heroic/Normal, you can see they are related in some way, but their are obvious differences. All these order hall sets are pretty meh imo honestly.

I wasn't into them, but I have a friend who was big into the challenge mode sets and his reaction to the recolors was this:

"So what? I think it will draw attention to people who have the originals."
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

I just noticed how the druid, hunter, paladin, priest and warrior Order-Hall armor sets are literally recolors of those rewarded from Pandaria's challenge mode. http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/tier-19-armor

There isn't any excuse for using armor sets from previous expansions in a new one. I was okay with recoloring the wolf mount from WoD but armor sets of all things? And from MoP? They even had the guts to just go ahead and make Genn's worgen model a fucking recolor of the standard one with a few tidbits here and there? Is anyone even aware that the models have an enormous issue with new shoulder sets in Legion?
    Why are you such a bitchy-bitch? Some of the sets look great, and why would you be mad for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a little disappointed when I first saw this, as the two characters I did MoP challenge modes on were my priest and mage. The priest is practically an exact model just recolored. That being said, I SUPPOSE it's different enough in colors that the original one will still be special.

The rest of the sets don't really look all that similar.

7+ Year Old Account
    its funny how everyone who complains about stuff like this is always freaking late.
    we knew about the recolors for weeks already, where have you been before?

Formerly known as Arafal

instead of making themselves look like lazy fucks
    There's like 48382947 armor sets in WoW, and all of them since some point in Wrath make characters look like (real world) tanks mated with sea urchins.

Is it really that big a deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with people getting a shitty version of my MoP CM gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    the only full recolors are the warlock and preist ,all the rest are missing large portions, also none of them do "on spell procs" like the pandaria ones did... so f off
    They probably do but it's not shown in the videos, just like when those of MoP were datamined

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Recoloring a mount is OK, but an armour not? Why is that exactly? Shouldn't both be wrong? There are probably more armour pieces and looks than mounts, so armour is already in abundance.

I mean..I am not saying it is a good move. De-valuates the CM achievements (exept for those who bought them with gold, har har). But you are kinda putting our arbitrary rules why something is ok, something is barely acceptable and something is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time there is a new build and I scroll down and down and down and down and see all the changes and added things and strings and stuff..I never think "you lazy fucks". But then again I am no programmer and probably you could hack out all that shit in half a day.
    At least I'm experienced enough to know that programming and modelling aren't the same thing.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I'm ok with people getting a shitty version of my MoP CM gear
    They are good, i like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    the only full recolors are the warlock and preist ,all the rest are missing large portions, also none of them do "on spell procs" like the pandaria ones did... so f off
    Actually the 'lock set isn't the same either. The left shoulder is different and the horns on the helm are way smaller.

Already had a thread about this and it was pretty unanimous that no one cares. Not to mention that the sets you get from your Order Hall are different than the traditional CM sets not just in color but parts of their design.

Also, this is coming from a guy who's had Lich Lord (DK CM armor). I like the fact I get a different variation of my favorite ingame armor, and more-so it's even easier to see the differences between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    I wasn't into them, but I have a friend who was big into the challenge mode sets and his reaction to the recolors was this:

"So what? I think it will draw attention to people who have the originals."
    Yep. Yeah this is actually a great point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    i dont see the problem with these sets. I dont understand the lazy part, too. Its something additional, its not a raid or dungeons set. So you have as a Options - Nothing or recoloring. besides that the sets arent available anymore. There are people like me which didnt play MoP. While i get the argument that there are alot of stuff in WoW which isnt available i appriciate that you can get at least look a like sets for the MoP Sets. So the people which did it during MoP still have something special, while other people can get at least lookalikes.

No harm done?

Remember back when Blizzard made it so that you could get the Blackwing Lair sets from Burning Crusade heroics?? Same thing, just different colors!

CATERING TO CASUALS

Threads like this make me believe that people complain just for the sake of complain.

they are modified recolors with less flair.
    calm the hell down punk
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    What's the issue? I don't have any problem with other people slightly similar gear. I got CM gear on my paladin and warrior back in MoP. It's actually great to see it come back in a different form and will gladly farm to get it on several classes. Some even look better imo