Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No fucks given, yet another Hollywood actor who squandered millions of dollars over his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Alimony is not child support. Alimony is money paid to support the spouse, and must be paid until they are remarried. It is a completely asinine concept.
    Knowing that it makes the whole situation look even more stupid that it already was.

Jeez and my current GF can't even get the 200$ a month her ex husband is supposed to pay in child support for the last 2 years. Guess Hasselhoff should have joined the military and then the wife can't touch any of it. Least that's how the judge ruled
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

God DAMN our white male priviledges!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude should have spent his millions more wisely

The joys of marriage.

Revise the laws away from bible and it will make more sense No things like that here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand child support when the amount makes sense, and to a lesser degree I can also understand alimony. Alimony is mostly designed to support the person who is a homemaker from keeping a certain standard of life style in the event the marriage evaporates. If your spouse is making a lot of money and assures you that you don't need to work under said arrangement and the marriage flops, it's understandable that it puts that person in an awkward position.

However, while I think alimony makes sense in practice, the time period of alimony is completely out of whack. I can actually get behind, and understand a couple years, with several years being the absolute max, but a decade is way to long. That woman should be seeking to better herself or make herself marketable with skills she could have acquired over that period of time. Marrying once to hit the jackpot to abuse a broken system is just retarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2643900

I for one believe that alimony shouldn't be a thing anymore. I really don't see any good reason to have it.
    Alimony has as much validity as being in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant since, you know, that's the culture it was created for. But holy shit. I wouldn't pay that much to be banging her in her prime, much less when she's old and used up and he's not even hitting it anymore. No one should have to pay for ass they're not getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Alimony and child support are broken systems in the states.
    Indeed they are.

I can understand if she took care of the kids and supported his career, but really 252k for 10 years? that's a bit much. 70 or 80k for 3 or 4 years is more than enough to get some college and become independent, this is just insane.

I've said it before and ill say it again, Marriage is nothing more than you betting the other person half your shit that they will love you forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Jeez and my current GF can't even get the 200$ a month her ex husband is supposed to pay in child support for the last 2 years. Guess Hasselhoff should have joined the military and then the wife can't touch any of it. Least that's how the judge ruled

your GF is either full of shit, or uneducated on the topic.

If she is indeed owed child support, all she has to do is find out his which base he is stationed at and call the chain of command. The Military will MAKE him pay his child support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Indeed they are.

I can understand if she took care of the kids and supported his career, but really 252k for 10 years? that's a bit much. 70 or 80k for 3 or 4 years is more than enough to get some college and become independent, this is just insane.

I've said it before and ill say it again, Marriage is nothing more than you betting the other person half your shit that they will love you forever.

- - - Updated - - -

If she is indeed owed child support, all she has to do is find out his which base he is stationed at and call the chain of command. The Military will MAKE him pay his child support.
    If you lot do the same thing we do they will automatically deduct it from his pay, I always tell my guys not to get married while serving but no one seems to fucking listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    If you lot do the same thing we do they will automatically deduct it from his pay, I always tell my guys not to get married while serving but no one seems to fucking listen.
    I used to tell my soliders this.

"If you want to be happy in the army, obey these simple rules.

1. Don't date fellow soldiers, they are fucking you and 4 of your buddies, just because you put a ring on it doesn't mean they will stop.

2. Don't date the locals, they know your pay chart and the legal system better than you do

3. Don't date strippers, if should be self explainatory "

Deleted
    Look at that privileged son of a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    hasselhoff is a jackass, I wouldn't lower his alimony, im sure he deserves it.

I even believe alimony is dumb.
    He may be a jackass, but what about the men that aren't jackasses and are stuck on this crazy ride?

Deleted
    I used to tell my soliders this.

"If you want to be happy in the army, obey these simple rules.

1. Don't date fellow soldiers, they are fucking you and 4 of your buddies, just because you put a ring on it doesn't mean they will stop.

2. Don't date the locals, they know your pay chart and the legal system better than you do

3. Don't date strippers, if should be self explainatory "
    Sounds very familiar, then they ignore you and blow a weeks wages in a strip club in a single night.

1) prenups, get on. I know, 20/20 hindsight but for celebrity types this should be an unofficial requirement.
    2) don't hope the cash from TV shows that aren't even on the air anymore to keep your coffers filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Sounds very familiar, then they ignore you and blow a weeks wages in a strip club in a single night.
    "but Sarge, she said she loves me, how was I supposed to know she'd clean me out" (after knowing her for 4 weeks.)

Indeed they are.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not active anymore, so not sure how they affects it. I honestly think her lawyer was terrible and the judge was terribly bias. I'm not a lawyer, but I've been telling her to save some money herself and get a better lawyer to handle it. 2 years and he seems to only buy diapers when he absolutely has to and his current GF forces him to do that.

I don't have the full details but 2 years without a dime paid into child support just doesn't sound legal at all. As for the other stuff, yes, it seems all this could have been avoided had that not gotten married right before he left for his service. Live and learn.

As for the topic of alimony, in Texas at least, you have to be married for at least 10 years or if a spouse was convicted for family violence within two (2) years before the date the petition for divorce was filed. Sucks to the be Hoff right now. He should just move to Germany and live like a god.
    Last edited by Spunt; 2016-05-20 at 10:58 PM.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Get a prenuptial agreement, or you deserve every penny that cunt takes. Seriously, if you couldnt bother to spend 2 hours with your attorney, hammering out a prenup, then i fell bad for ya` son.

If the woman you chose to marry doesnt have a career and cannot support herself without your help, why the FUCK are you marring someone like that in the first place?
    Because not every one lives in corporate America mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    claims he has less than $4,000 to his name
    I have more money in the bank than David Hasselhoff has?

Court documents show that his real estate, along with savings and other assets, are worth approximately $1.79 million, but his cash is running low.
    Of course. He's soooo poor. >.>

If you hook up with a gold digger, this is what happens. They will milk you for every cent.