Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    0.0039% of a workforce is not significant to be labeled as common.

(that percentage is probably even lower, I just averaged 1,000,000, we have more than that in reality)
    Subjective. Also, it is when the outcome is deadness. When the acceptable tolerance should be zero, any number higher than zero is potentially classifiable as "all the time".

Again, if you want to make an arguement that more than 3 gun deaths of police a year does not constitute "all the time", you need to specify what you think IS an acceptable number. You must think that some number of dead police is worth the price they pay for you to keep your guns; otherwise you wouldn't fight to keep them. What's the number?
    Last edited by Delekii; 2016-05-23 at 02:50 PM.

They don't. I don't know what to tell you. Stop getting your talking points from the MSM is my only suggestion.

Ok Yoda...
    MSM? Whoa dude, that was deep and original. Take my advice. Save some money. Travel. See the world. Paris and Milan are amazing. You might learn something.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-23 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Subjective. Also, it is when the outcome is deadness. When the acceptable tolerance should be zero, any number higher than zero is potentially classifiable as "all the time".

Again, if you want to make an arguement that more than 3 gun deaths of police a year does not constitute "all the time", you need to specify what you think IS an acceptable number.
    I'm not terribly interested in your strawman argument.

Since all the time is not a specific or nominated value, your statement that it is factually incorrect is factually incorrect.

3.x officers dead to gun violence per month could be classified as "all the time". The phrase is a contextually applied phrase that only holds meaning when compared to what you consider to not be "all the time" in a given classification set. For example, "I have sex all the time" probably means once or twice a day, whereas "I breath all the time" means literally every second of every day; if both instances of the phrase were equally classified, one or the other would be nonsensical.

Perhaps you would like to indicate what value you think is acceptable for gun-related police deaths before you would consider guns to be less important than the lives of police officers? Be specific; as we just found out, phrases like "all the time" are subjective and not prone to semantic opposition.
    Original claim was that no one will dare attack you if you are armed. It was not about you getting killed. People taking shots at cops and 128 cops dying are two totally different stories.

I'm not terribly interested in your strawman argument.
    Your argument was based on the fact that "all the time" is factually incorrect; "all the time" is not a classified value, thus the argument is not strawman. Don't post shit if you aren't going to defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Original claim was that no one will dare attack you if you are armed. It was not about you getting killed. People taking shots at cops and 128 cops dying are two totally different stories.
    I was replying to TITAN308, who tried to make a semantic argument that had no basis, and also attempted to entirely sidestep the clear intention of the post he replied to. His counter is that I am strawmanning him, which is ironic, given I am refuting his strawman of the post he quoted.

Your argument was based on the fact that "all the time" is factually incorrect; "all the time" is not a classified value, thus the argument is not strawman. Don't post shit if you aren't going to defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was replying to TITAN308, who tried to make a semantic argument that had no basis, and also attempted to entirely sidestep the clear intention of the post he replied to. His counter is that I am strawmanning him, which is ironic, given I am refuting his strawman of the post he quoted.

I hear Obama is going to take away his guns any-day now. ANY DAY!

I hear Obama is going to take away his guns any-day now. ANY DAY!
    Whoa dude, that was deep and original.
    Please, continue...

/sips tea

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm not going to predict change, but to say it can't be changed is untrue. The Constitution is not some stone tablet that we hold as irrefutable, it has and can be altered.
    and Abortion and Gay marriage can also be changed. So stop trying to demonize those that are advocating those be changed
    the right to own firearms is a specific stated right unlike Abortion and Gay marriage which are both are implied interpreted rights