Poll: Should free trade deals come with free movement of people?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Maybe he meant corporate welfare state...

Yes, because then the chances of it passing becomes so much smaller.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Glad someone else knows that. From the European union too? That is surprising- I thought you guys were like robots and supported everything and anything that the left wing proposes no matter how out of touch with reality it is.
    Nah, there's some big movements against TTIP but you never see it on the big news channels for some reason. Well, not for any reason, most likely money is involved.
    As for governments, while not everyone in all the governments agree on TTIP, most do, which makes me wonder what world do the politicians live in, la-la land or something, because their reality seems clearly different from ours, the one of the common people. But most likely money is involved there too. In the pockets of said politicians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We got Elections in 9 months, and we can call for referendums.
    Last time the imo most sensible choice offered everyone 1000 euro in the bank.. .. I mean, how serious are we supposed to take these people? Then again, as bad as I think it is now.. I cant fathom what comes next.. what I do know is that the big dreams & promises show will start again soon(ish) - prepare for godwins and crowdpleasers.

and that referendum.. what was that worth? They wont even begin to discuss the result till england has voted on their europe stance, that is the extend to which our own goverment is subservient to the unions' puppetmasters. (also somehow because its convenient for the ruling parties, suddenly the people that didnt vote count.. shrug.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Nah, there's some big movements against TTIP but you never see it on the big news channels for some reason. Well, not for any reason, most likely money is involved.
    As for governments, while not everyone in all the governments agree on TTIP, most do, which makes me wonder what world do the politicians live in, la-la land or something, because their reality seems clearly different from ours, the one of the common people. But most likely money is involved there too. In the pockets of said politicians.
    Ahead of the european union building (both in france and germany, because 'were so united' they couldnt settle on one gigantic money wasting building) is an even bigger lobbists building. Go figure, lots n lots of money. I mean why would anyone be for legislature that ties down mid-to small bussinesses and allows everyday joe to get brought to court in foreign lands on foreign laws .. thats the general jest of it atleast. Then again, we don't know, we cannot know. Because they havent told us or anyone jack shit about the negotiations. And seeing how theyre handling every crisis weve had (greece crisis,immigration crisis) it is surely to be totally fubar and you can be equally sure that theyre messing it up beyond imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Last time the imo most sensible choice offered everyone 1000 euro in the bank.. .. I mean, how serious are we supposed to take these people? Then again, as bad as I think it is now.. I cant fathom what comes next.. what I do know is that the big dreams & promises show will start again soon(ish) - prepare for godwins and crowdpleasers.

and that referendum.. what was that worth? They wont even begin to discuss the result till england has voted on their europe stance, that is the extend to which our own goverment is subservient to the unions' puppetmasters. (also somehow because its convenient for the ruling parties, suddenly the people that didnt vote count.. shrug.)
    You just completely lost me.

Deleted
    You just completely lost me.
    Blablabla our leaders suck because theyve lost touch with what the people they are supposed to represent actually want, or worse, they dont care what the ppl think/want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Blablabla our leaders suck because theyve lost touch with what the people they are supposed to represent actually want, or worse, they dont care what the ppl think/want.
    I though I already mentioned the upcoming elections, the parties are not a hivemind.

It is such language which is one of the biggest reasons to oppose, resist, or if all else fails openly defy those agreements. There is no global polity, there is no global society, there's just a moronic "fake it til you make it" desire for one by those who've positioned themselves to hold hegemony over it. It will cost millions upon millions of lives if not put in check.

Deleted
    I though I already mentioned the upcoming elections, the parties are not a hivemind.
    You mustve missed how two parties who disagreed on everything during the last elections went ahead and formed a kabinet together and then proceeded to dodge all hot potato issues while proceeding to cockup one crisis after the next? Ofcourse they wont stop because they have a chair at the head of the table in the eu... Its a mess, but other parties wont change that because of the 18 political parties system