Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

I HATE rich people...

I want to post about this topic anonymously under a new profile since it is kind of controversial…

I have heard many people say they hate rich people. Some say all rich people are arrogant. Some say they feel entitled. Have also heard people talk about all the money they waste on expensive luxuries when they could be feeding the poor in third world countries.

Personally, I know some rich people who are the most arrogant people you have ever met. They think they own the world and everyone in it. I also know rich people who are extremely nice and would give you the shirt off their back. Before I was financially successful myself, I was about to lose my car and my house. A rich friend loaned me money and said pay me back whenever.

I do agree that a lot of rich people waste a lot of money. I know of a really wealthy guy that has a $1.5 million Ferrari. Crazy thing is this... he is too old to drive the dang thing. So it just sits in one spot and no one drives it. He has a son, but he will not let his son drive it for whatever reason. This $1.5 million piece of metal literally just sits there taking up space. That $1.5 million definitely could have been used in a less wasteful way.

At the same time, I also know a rich family where the most family members drive a Kia, though they could all drive Porsches if they chose.

How do you feel about rich people? Do you hate them all? Do you feel most of them carry themselves in a certain way?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know any, personally, and don't consider them much different than others.

Why the hate after the loan? o.O
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Well, it's a good time for you to be alive! This is one of the few socially acceptable bigotries. You don't even need to hide behind a pseudonym of a pseudonym. There's no real consequence for expressing dislike of the wealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like Adele all that much.

Wouldn't say I hate her though, that is too strong of a word, she just has an annoying face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not care about them. Good on them and their families for being smart/lucky enough to have amassed such a grand personal fortune.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grow up you child.

That's funny, I don't...
    Life's too short to go around hating people for having more than yourself.

Russians have a proverb that sounds like "don't count other people's money". That's what I do, if they have nothing to do w/ me and/or their actions dun affect me, I dun care about other people's wealth or pretty much anything.

Rich people keep the economy going with their outrageous purchases. They employ all sorts of people to cater their events, take care of their houses, and watch their children.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    People are still people, no matter how much money they have. Sure, they might have other values then poor people have, but they still care about the same when it comes to human beings. I don't really get the hate against people who have a lot of money. It is something we all try to get, and i think that some people just get jealouse to see other people happy.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Rich people keep the economy going with their outrageous purchases. They employ all sorts of people to cater their events, take care of their houses, and watch their children.
    Outrageous purchases...? They have shitloads of money that they don't use, there's no reason to hoard as much money as some people.

I can't really say there's anyone I truly "hate". Hating someone because they are rich seems petty. Now hating someone because they are a douchebag who treats you or others like crap... well that's a bit more justifiable.

The thing to remember is... just because you know an arrogant jerk who happens to be rich doesn't mean all rich people are arrogant jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Outrageous purchases...? They have shitloads of money that they don't use, there's no reason to hoard as much money as some people.
    As oppose to what, taking it from them and giving it to someone else? Here that is called robbery.

This thread is going to be nothing but a bunch of salty people claiming everyone who is rich got there by climbing on the backs of others, blah blah blah, etc etc, typical salty shit.

I'm guessing anonymous OP = Hubcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    As oppose to what, taking it from them and giving it to someone else? Here that is called robbery.
    No, I'm saying the rich people are detrimental to the economy when they hoard money like they do and don't spend it.

Deleted
    Upp till Kamp, Kamrater och Proletärer! Den Röda Fanan går mot seger!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I'm guessing anonymous OP = Hubcap
    Whoever it is, they're pretty fuckin' cowardly. Anonymous internet account not good enough? No, I wouldn't want to tarnish my MMO identity!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Whoever it is, they're pretty fuckin' cowardly. Anonymous internet account not good enough? No, I wouldn't want to tarnish my MMO identity!
    Sounds like you're still triggered from his last thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, I'm saying the rich people are detrimental to the economy when they hoard money like they do and don't spend it.
    Do you really think rich people live like this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

This thread is going to be nothing but a bunch of salty people claiming everyone who is rich got there by climbing on the backs of others, blah blah blah, etc etc, typical salty shit.
    Remember that it started off well, though!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.