Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Sargeras is just a soul in the Twisting Nether, he will be bound to Illidan's body by Gul'Dan in the Nighthold and will take over the character, pushing Illidan's soul in the background, exactly the opposite of Demon Hunters that are fighting their respective demons to use their power.
    Sargeras will use Illidan's appearance and Arcanic powers to trick us in order to get his Avatar back (and to summon himself in it).
    As long he is in Illidan he risk to be controlled or be killed by Illidan himself if he's going suicidal.

Sargeras doesn't impress me.
    That would suck big fucking elephant balls, man. I'd be hugely disappointed if such a thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by zahK View Post
    The pantheon is gone. Only a small remnant of Aman'thul remains which most likely resides inside Wrathion
    They are not. Read Chronicle again. Their bodies are destroyed, but their souls and power are still inside the Keepers, laying dormant and contained without the Keepers knowing about it (other than Aman'thul's piece which is inside Wrathion). While admittedly, that paragraph about the Pantheon's spirits slammed into the Keepers can be open to interpretation, the fact that Wrathion was possessed briefly after he ate Lei Shen's heart who took over Aman'thul's piece extracted from Ra was a big clue that the Pantheon's spirits are still around. It might be questionable what happened to the pieces inside already dead Keepers (Loken / Tyr / Archaedas), but it wouldn't be a big surprise for us to bring them back to empower us when we finally face Sargeras (probably in a future expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    That would suck big fucking elephant balls, man. I'd be hugely disappointed if such a thing happens.
    You probably would be disappointed, then, seeing it's very likely to happen. I can only think of two reasons Gul'dan wanted Illidan's soulless body (and went through the trouble to separate Illidan's body and soul) - either to use it to open a portal for the Legion, or let Sargeras possess it. If Sargeras' spirit is going to possess Illidan's body, we'd have a new boss to defeat to get that body back. More easy materials for Blizzard to design a raid encounter.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-26 at 03:35 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You probably would be disappointed, then, seeing it's very likely to happen. I can only think of two reasons Gul'dan wanted Illidan's soulless body (and went through the trouble to separate Illidan's body and soul) - either to use it to open a portal for the Legion, or let Sargeras possess it. If Sargeras' spirit is going to possess Illidan's body, we'd have a new boss to defeat to get that body back. More easy materials for Blizzard to design a raid encounter.
    Yeah, can't think of any other reasons myself either. It's alright, I'll try to live with that. But possession sounds so cheap to me, despite the fact that we've seen Sargeras do it before. If it indeed happens I'll just sigh like a father who has just realised that his child is basically a failure.

It makes sense for Blizzard to do that (Whether we like it or not) because it'll let them have an avatar for Sargeras we can tangibly interact with. (As opposed to "lol hes the size of a planet").

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Yeah, can't think of any other reasons myself either. It's alright, I'll try to live with that. But possession sounds so cheap to me, despite the fact that we've seen Sargeras do it before. If it indeed happens I'll just sigh like a father who has just realised that his child is basically a failure.
    It's not simply possession. Sargeras prepared Illidan's since the day he came to him.
    Sargeras tried a first invasion using the Nightwell, that's when he "granted" Illidan his fel powers. The invasion failed, he "lost" his Fel Titan body.
    Without that body, he can't use his sword to cleave Azeroth in two.
    Sargeras tried a second invasion using his Avatar, trying to attack the Blue Dragonflight. He failed, defeated by Aegwynn the Guardian, she took his Avatar but he sent his soul into her body.
    He knows where his Avatar is, the problem is that he needs someone that can bring him into it.
    He can't mentally fight Aegwynn in order to possess her because she'll be too strong if she were aware of his presence in her, but he could use her to make a vessel for his soul. That's how came Medhiv. As she passed her powers to her son, Sargeras could only corrupt his soul but stayed in his body. He had to find a reliable ally somewhere.
    Kil'Jaeden had a card to play on Draenor, with Gul'Dan, so he granted him Necromantic powers so he could turn from Shaman to warlock.
    To open a portal on Azeroth you need to manipulate Arcane, so Sargeras used Medhiv, and Kil'Jaeden used Gul'dan on Draenor.
    Sargeras through Medivh tells Gul'dan that he will find a great power in the Tomb Of Sargeras to convice him to come on Azeroth.
    That's the third attempt of Sargeras to invade Azeroth. It failed and Medivh is killed by Kadghar.
    However, Gul'dan found the Tomb Of Sargeras but got tricked by the Soul of Sargeras and a bunch of crazy demons where he thought find the Avatar of Sargeras.
    Gul'dan dies trying to absorb some powers, and that's how Sargeras created the skull of Gul'dan.
    Kil'Jaeden captured Ner'zhul and changed him into the Lich King, sent his in the Frozen Throne on Azeroth in Northrend to start a necromantic invasion and to use the Scourge.
    That's the 4th attempt of Invasion. Meanwhile, Tyrande free Illidan from his prison. Later Kil'Jaeden offers Illidan a great power from a powerful artifact in exchange of killing Arthas before he reaches the Frozen Throne. That artifact is the Skull of Gul'dan. Illidan fails and flee on Outland to recover his wounds.
    Archimonde is defeated and that's another fail.
    Kil'Jaeden finds Illidan on Outland and offers him Maghteridon's position into the next invasion to come.
    The Burning Legion re-opened the Dark Portal and starts a 5th invasion. The plan is to encourage Azeroth's forces to come on Outland and to kill Illidan.
    But Legion didn't plan that Illidan would train Demon Hunters and that he would assault Nathreza and steal on Mardum the Sargeras Keystone, a powerful Legion artifact that can open a portal on Argus.Legion neither planned that Maïev would take Illidan's body back to the Vault of the Wardens.
    The Burning Legion tried again and again in every timeline of the Great Dark Beyond but the plan stopped at the same step.
    Until Gul'dan met Cordana Felsong, a Night Elf warden living on the Original Azeroth that knows where is kept Illidan's body.

If Legion can get Illidan, they can get the Sargeras Keystone. Two bird one stone, they could start a 6th invasion on Azeroth with enough strength to find a way to Avatar Of Sargeras.

So, Sargeras met on Azeroth a powerful Night Elf sorcerer mastering Arcane magic.
    He corrupted his body with fel magic and gave him extra fel powers.
    Later his avatar got killed on Azeroth and his soul got back later to the Twisting Nether .
    Meanwhile he found on Draenor a powerful Orc Warlock mastering Fel Magic.
    He tricked him and infused him to death with fel powers in the Night Elf world.
    He granted the Night Elf with the Orc's remains to empower him and bind his soul to the Twisting Nether.
    He got the Night Elf killed on Outland so it would be an empty vessel but the Night Elf stole an extra important artifact and his body was taken away.
    He found the tracks of the Night Elf, sent the Alternative Universe version of his Orc Warlock fellow to get it back.
    He told the AU Orc to resurect the Night Elf and to get the artifact from him.
    He told the AU Orc how to use the artifact and made him open a huge portal on Azeroth.
    He asked the AU Orc to find a power source in order to summon his soul into the Night Elf's body.
    He succesfully enters the Night Elf's body but the AU Orc gets killed.
    He needs to lower profile in order to find a way to his Avatar.

This is what could happen until the last patch

- - - Updated - - -

Let's go a little further.

Sargeras knew where his Avatar was buried but the place has been sealed by Aegwynn because she knew that Demons would try to get the Avatar back. Once he found a vessel (Illidan), he investigates her first house : Dalaran. When he finds out that she once lived in Karazhan, he commands his Legion to go there.
    In Legion's pre-patch, the Kirin Tor is moving Dalaran to the Broken Islands but they need to use the Lei Lines' power. Dalaran is floating over Karazhan and we help Kadghar to study in Karazhan Library. We desactivate the old Guards and set new ones. Once it's good, Dalaran is moved to the Broken Islands.
    When Sargeras' minions attack Karazhan, the Kirin Tor Guards alert Kadghar, so he's sending you to Karazhan again.
    There you meet Illidan and he helps you to push the demons back and to find what they were looking for.
    You discover that Aegwynn, Medivh's mother and one of the last Guardian, the one who defeated Avatar of Sargeras, was around Thal'Dranath most of her time. You discover that she built a sanctuary somewhere on the island next to the Catacombs where the Avatar is buried.
    You go back to Dalaran to inform Kadghar and he hurry you to go on Tal'Dranath, because the sunken island has rised and Legion is searching something.
    You go there (a new quest zone) and start to investigate on Aegwynn's Sanctum. The Island is a battle field with demons fighting Nagas.
    The Sanctum is guarded by Nagas and powerful Arcanic protections. Illidan, Kadghar and you find a way to the Sanctum and discover the ritual to open the Catacombs. It takes the Guardian's staff that Kadghar owns to remove the spell.
    When you investigate the Sanctum, a deep voice whispers to you that you need to destroy the Avatar before the Legion gets it and to be careful of the Betrayer.
    The team goes to the Catacombs entrance and Kadghar removes the spell.
    That's how we access to the last Raid.

Just a parallel, the raid contains 13 bosses :
    1st wing : the Catacombs : 3 bosses. While you progress through the Catacombs, you encounter many demons and spirits.
    Boss 1 : A Big Demon gone Mad
    Boss 2 : Aegwynn's ghost (She warns you about the Avatar)
    Boss 3 : Illidan. The Fight starts when we approach the Avatar, Illidan changes and summons demons to bring back the Avatar to Argus. You fight an empowered Illidan. Once he reached 1%, his demons teleport the Avatar and Illidan flee with them.

Meanwhile, Velen took the Prime Naaru's core from your Order Hall and the Exodar is going to cross the portal on the Broken Islands. Velen is going kamikaze on Argus and make it explodes in the Exodar's crash on Kil'Jaeden's palace. Xe'ra alerts you and Kadghar teleports you to the flying Exodar, Kadghar is with you. While you enter Argus' sky and a legion spaceship is boarding the Exodar.

2nd wing : Legion's spaceship
    - Boss 1 : Velen has made his mind and will fight anyone trying to stop him. Located in the Exodar
    You don't kill him and something happens with Xe'ra. Velen accepts to help you in a new plan.
    - Boss 2 : a Powerful demon located in the Legion's Spaceship hold .
    - Boss 3 : an Eredar located in Legion's spaceship control room.

You reach the teleport room and use it.

3rd wing : Legion's Army Headquarters.
    Officially Archimonde's office, where he suppervised his minions and his attacks.
    - Boss 1 : A powerful Demon located in the port
    - Boss 2 : A powerful Demon located in the Barracks
    - Boss 3 : A powerful Demon located in the jails.
    You find your way to the Jails where the remains of the defeated Army of the Light was taken prisoners. You rescue them and find a way to Kil'Jaeden's palace.

4th wing : Kil'Jaeden's Palace
    - Boss 1 : Demon stuff
    - Boss 2 : Demon stuff
    - Boss 3 : Kil'Jaeden
    - Boss 4 : Avatar of Sargeras
    NPC taking part of the fight : Kadghar / Illidan (from 50%) / Velen / Army of the Light
    Before the fight starts, Sargeras tells you that he was doing all this for a greater good than your preservation.
    After a great speech, the fight starts.
    From 100% to 50% he will mainly summons his minions and use mechanics. Meanwhile Velen will try to heal Illidan using Xe'ra's core (on Xe'ra's demand, event happened earlier after Velen's fight). You will have to help him by killing the Adds damaging him or Illidan. If one of them dies during the fight, Sargeras kills you. At 50% Illidan will join the fight. At 25% Illidan tells Kadghar to damage Xe'ra's core to turn it into a Void Doom (a Void bomb strong enough to destroy the planet). Velen is weakened so he steps back from the fight. When Sargeras reaches 5% the Void Doom is ready and Illidan urges you to flee.

You'll have to run to the Exodar, fighting your way back while Sargeras is holding the Void Doom and chasing you, Illidan, Kadghar, Velen and the Army of the Light's survivors.
    Once you reach the Exodar, Illidan stays to slow Sargeras, avoiding him to cross the portal with the Void Doom.
    In Normal and Heroic modes, the fight stops here, you fly back to Azeroth through the portal and you close it. Amazing cinematic starts here.
    In Mythic mode, Sargeras recovered 25% and tries to cross the portal with the Void Bomb (Illidan seems dead) and you have to push him back to kill him in the Twisting Nether. You have less than 2 minutes to put Sargeras at 10% or the Void Doom will destroy Azeroth. If you succeed, Illidan comes back and attracts Sargeras to Argus' side of the Portal.
    The Void Bomb explodes. End of Mythic mode. Amazing cinematic starts here.

Sargeras dies in the Twisting Nether, Argus is anihilated.
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2016-05-26 at 07:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow @WolfRider
    That's..almost believable, but too good for Blizzard (the raid stuff I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Wow @WolfRider
    That's..almost believable, but too good for Blizzard (the raid stuff I mean)
    Thank you but I don't know if it's too good for Blizzard. I just based that story on Blizzard's latest stuff (Illidan's novel, the Chronicles and what happens in Legion expansion) adding some old Lore.

And the ending would join some events that could happen in Thal'Dranath with Nagas and the Old God's whispers.
    The Void Doom explosion on the other side would shock Azeroth, freeing N'Zoth from its prison.
    So we'll face the rise of a new Black Empire, N'Zoth city (Nya'lotha) would rise from the seas, south of Thal'Dranath. The new zones would be located between North of Pandaria shores, East of Eastern Kingdom shores and South of Thal'Dranath shores.
    It would be Sailor cibilization themed, with the return of Vol'Jin that been visiting the remains of Zandalari (they have a great fleet), Jaina Proudmoore reaching KulTiras (biggest human fleet).
    And an Island where live an independant Vrykuls population (free of Odin or Lich King's influence) that sailed long time ago when the great sundering happened. Playable race for the Hord (because of Code of Honor). And another island where a settledTruskarr civilization grew (they came here because they were once Vrykuls' slaves). Playable race for Alliance (that would make sense, because you know, history).
    And a new class (RuneMaster)

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Same shit as with Kerrigan, where a selfish mass murderer gets a forced redemption story by saving entire universe.
    uhhhhhhhhhh that's not how that worked

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

So Elune basically predates the Naaru? I always thought she was just some Wild God revered by the night elves like Aessina.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    So Elune basically predates the Naaru? I always thought she was just some Wild God revered by the night elves like Aessina.
    Nope. Elune's origins weren't confirmed but she was always separate from the Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    she probably predates Naaru but it's not confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is "confirmed" about Elune now, via all recent sources, is that she has connections to both the Naaru and the Titans. Her connection to the Naaru appears to be at a more primal level, while all we know about her connection to the Titans is that in her communions with the creatures that were the dark trolls in transition to night elves, she taught them the names for the land that they lived on (Kalimdor) and a few other key Titanic words and taught them to appreciate Titanic work.

We also know, of course, that Elune continues to favor the night elves to this day, but that anyone can commune with this entity if the proper rituals are observed.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    stuff
    I don't know why you have written that wall of text, but the bottom half is probably not for me. You're telling me that Sargeras' master plan was possessing Illidan? Horribly underwhelming, I think.

It's not simply possession. Sargeras prepared Illidan's since the day he came to him.
    Not really. Sargeras' first interaction with Illidan was giving him magical sight. Which was, if I remember correctly(can't be arsed to look it up right now), to help him find the Dragon Soul, which would be used to power up the portal that will allow his entry to Azeroth. Beyond that, I don't think Illidan holds any signifigance in Sargeras' eyes. I don't see any future plans about making him his host body and stuff like that.

Later Kil'Jaeden offers Illidan a great power from a powerful artifact in exchange of killing Arthas before he reaches the Frozen Throne. That artifact is the Skull of Gul'dan. Illidan fails and flee on Outland to recover his wounds.
    Kil'jaeden did not offer Illidan the skull. Illidan was led to the Skull of Gul'dan by Arthas, who acted on behalf of the Lich King. By that time the Lich King was actually working to undermine the Legion's efforts, so I don't know about Sargeras' involvement on that matter either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we know now that the plan is indeed to make Illidan's body into a new host for Sargeras -- but according to datamined Khadgar voice files, we thwart the attempt and get Illidan's soul reunited with his body.