Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    A vision that is without full context and build up. I have stated in other forms that his halo and holy power could be merely gifted from another entity to give him a powerup. Its like a paladin casting wings on the warlock for a dps buff, he might look holy but that doesnt make him redeemed or divine in any manner. And chosen one doesn't mean reformed, its merely saying he has a destined role. Lawful Good characters are not the only ones who have destinies or destinies for that matter have a bettering effect on the universe. Sometimes Magneto or Loki can save the day as foretold by legends too without being virtuous beacons of light.
    Or, gasp, the Naaru is looking to possess his body as he can hold such power and he controls him, or any other hundreds of possibilities other then 'LOL I KNOW WUT HAPPENS RUINED CHARACTER BLIZZ SUX!'

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This would make his redemption story even more hilarious.

Here have Illidan redeemed after so many years, but oh no, he fucking did it again.
    Where's the redemption?

Illidan in the past: Fighting to destroy the Burning Legion by any means needed.
    Illidan in the present/future: Fighting to destroy the Burning Legion by any means needed.

Several things....

One, the dialogue with Xe'ra absolutely leads me to think that Anduin was intended to be the choosen one and Blizzard switched course because of negative feedback on his character.

Second, I feel like this is just going to turn into a deadend cluster fuck with Elune.

Lastly, he hit the nail on the head with Illidan. A redemption storyline will kill everything intriguing about Illidan to begin with. Same happened to Kerrigan (who people loathe btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Several things....

One, the dialogue with Xe'ra absolutely leads me to think that Anduin was intended to be the choosen one and Blizzard switched course because of negative feedback on his character.

Second, I feel like this is just going to turn into a deadend cluster fuck with Elune.

Lastly, he hit the nail on the head with Illidan. A redemption storyline will kill everything intriguing about Illidan to begin with. Same happened to Kerrigan (who people loathe btw)
    As I say above, where is the redemption?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Sorry but the whole point of the contrast between Illidan and Malfurion in WotA trilogy was to tell you that foretold destiny doesn't mean shit. You become a hero by doing heroic things not because you are entitled to it from birth. It went all over Illidan's head in WotA. That was why his brother eclisped him in everything while he was trying to hard to surpass his brother.

It's like Blizzard don't read their own novels and completely ruins the essence of Illidan's character.
    Yeah, I get it with you, you're not up for discussion on this. You're like a speedbump, immovable. His character is ruined, 100%. There is no way that anything decent will ever happen with him from here on out. Bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    It's giggle worthy how many people are claiming Illidan is a trash character now when we haven't seen a single moment of him in the game yet, only people talking about him.
    Illidan is definitely in the game. Demon Hunters talk directly to his spirit. And he's repeatedly mentioned by multiple factions.

I have no idea why not physically seeing his body has any relevance on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Becoming the savior of the universe and leading the ultimate "good" army against the evil Void Lords?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Becoming the savior of the universe and leading the ultimate "good" army against the evil Void Lords?
    Dial it back. It's not there.

Several things....

I don't think that's the case. I mean, why change the "Chosen one" title from one light loving dude, to a DH? Makes no sense. I just think that there'll be 2 army of lights, one against kil'jaedens army, and another in which they're the elites. Illidan will lead the army that goes against kil'jaeden, while anduin and the players go against sargeras, and the void lords. I'm not buying the whole "anduin was hated, and that's why they switched it" business. Because, if that were the case, might as well bring back me'dan right? ....Ahhahahaha....no....what is wrong with me?!

Illidan is definitely in the game. Demon Hunters talk directly to his spirit. And he's repeatedly mentioned by multiple factions.

I have no idea why not physically seeing his body has any relevance on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan says all of 4 lines, as a spirit, to the Demon Hunters, saying that he is still being chased and gives the DH orders over to your character. We have no idea what happens to him, we have no idea what the body is for yet, we have no idea what will become of it.

Also, it is a vision of a holyesk Illidan leading others. By your own video they did something similar to Anduin, and it didn't happen. There's also the chance of it just being Illidan's body with this elder Naaru controlling/possessing him, as it will come 'with a cost'. Your own bias is showing through because you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE things will play out exactly how you think.

The redemption is that the universe needs Illidan. He's the chosen one. He's the key to saving everyone. Its doesn't matter what he does or has done because being the chosen one makes him a hero. And going against him would never be acceptable because he's the pre-destined champion of Light.

Its the worst plot armor imaginable. Not only does it completely guarantee that character will succeed but it makes everything they do justified.

I don't know how anyone could think that's interesting storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This would make his redemption story even more hilarious.

Here have Illidan redeemed after so many years, but oh no, he fucking did it again.
    I wouldn't put it passed them though. He was manipulated the whole time!

The redemption is that the universe needs Illidan. He's the chosen one. He's the key to saving everyone. Its doesn't matter what he does or has done because being the chosen one makes him a hero. And going against him would never be acceptable because he's the pre-destined champion of Light.

Its the worst plot armor imaginable. Not only does it completely guarantee that character will succeed but it makes everything they do justified.

Kinda like Anduin huh? How's that working out.. Also no mention of him being 'the only one' that could do such a thing, just that he's the one they have their eye on right now.

Kinda like Anduin huh? How's that working out.. Also no mention of him being 'the only one' that could do such a thing, just that he's the one they have their eye on right now.
    Is not one listening to me? He's mortal azeroth...I am telling you. Anduin IS him!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Is not one listening to me? He's mortal azeroth...I am telling you. Anduin IS him!
    So... did Varian do the Well, or is this one of those bodyswapped the real baby moments?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, not against Void Lords. Void Lords =/= Burning Legion. Sarg wants to destroy the universe so that the Void Lords can't take it over as he sees that as worse. He went dark because of what he saw in the Old Gods, ie the Void Lords creations and what would happen if they corrupted a Titan. At this point separate bad guys, but intertwined.

So... did Varian do the Well, or is this one of those bodyswapped the real baby moments?
    Well, as someone who has the powers of a demi-god in him...it's not impossible. I mean, didn't he have those night elven blades even before anduin was born....and aren't those powered up by the arcane used by the well?

7+ Year Old Account

How about because maybe some of us are interested to see what happens along the way? And maybe, just maybe -- maybe the ending won't happen exactly like you think it will?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well, as someone who has the powers of a demi-god in him...it's not impossible. I mean, didn't he have those night elven blades even before anduin was born....and aren't those powered up by the arcane used by the well?
    Talk about throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Again, not against Void Lords. Void Lords =/= Burning Legion. Sarg wants to destroy the universe so that the Void Lords can't take it over as he sees that as worse. He went dark because of what he saw in the Old Gods, ie the Void Lords creations and what would happen if they corrupted a Titan. At this point separate bad guys, but intertwined.
    The vision in the book tells Illidan that the Burning Legion is not the ultimate villain. Which is why I used them in my statement. I know the difference. Right now they're just fighting the Legion on Argus, while Xe'ra tells Illidan that there's a greater threat out there they need to face. Which is the Void Lords.

Talk about throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
    Well....they cannot just put anduin as king only to leave him there for nothing in the near future. That's like having WoD end up with a cliffhanger, only to never be mentioned/seen again.......oh....wait.....ooohhhhhhhh

Illidan says all of 4 lines, as a spirit, to the Demon Hunters, saying that he is still being chased and gives the DH orders over to your character. We have no idea what happens to him, we have no idea what the body is for yet, we have no idea what will become of him.
    This means literally nothing in the scheme of this conversation. You're delusional if you don't think they're bringing him back. Blizzard isn't clever enough to drop a bunch of red herrings in their story.

Also, it is a vision of a holyesk Illidan leading others. By your own video they did something similar to Anduin, and it didn't happen. There's also the chance of it just being Illidan's body with this elder Naaru controlling/possessing him, as it will come 'with a cost'. Your own bias is showing through because you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE things will play out exactly how you think.
    It didn't happen because they swapped out Anduin for Illidan. The vision is almost identical, except with Illidan having his Demon Hunter features. This was presumably before the fact that they were going to bring Illidan back. Also there's no chance of Illidan being possessed by a Naaru, that's not even hinted at.

My own bias? If you want to call "Understanding what the game is punching you in the face with" as "bias" then sure. Alright then.

But at this point you're still going to hide behind some vague nonsense about "WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIS BODY YET!" so I'm done. I never understood people blatantly ignoring what the game throws in your face. Blizzard isn't GRRM and is running multiple branching storylines with red herrings to keep people guessing. It's a color-by-number storyline.

If Illidan isn't back by the beginning of the first raid patch, I'll be astounded.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-22 at 01:36 AM.