Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ahn qiraj; if it was locked and safe for 1000 years, why did we open it?

Like the title says. After the war of the shifting sands it was locked up and safe because of the night elves and the dragon flights putting up the scarab wall through magic and creating the gong and scepter in case we needed to go back in there (which i just find a bit odd that they would do that, since they don't know anything about c'thun)

maybe it was explained at some point and I just didn't manage to find any concrete information on it, sp anyone know why exactly?

Did you play in vanilla? Remember that world event that was happening right before the gates opened?

Deleted
    So we could go give C'thun a black eye.

Well they were starting to exert influence in Silthus and extending out a little into Un'Goro before we opened it so we needed any easy way to go in there and eliminate the root of the problem.

I didn't.... the server kept crashing and I couldn't get on. I don't think my computer would handle it either.... its been so long. So don't blame me. Blame all those people riding around on that black bug mount.

Because C'Thun was creating a massive army and had to be stopped. Is the "reason". Let us attack before he attacks us.
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2016-05-15 at 09:30 PM.

What were we supposed to do... the Terminix guy just showed up..

The qiraji were already leaking out through the Scarab Wall as C'thun awoke. Instead of waiting by while they amassed an army in their locked up and safe kingdom, we took the fight to them.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It was opening on it's own and shit was already going down, it was time to break in and kill everything before they had even more time to build up power
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-05-15 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its been so long since that event but if memory serves, and like a poster already mentioned, it was basically needed to save the zone and kalimdor as a whole. the bugs and cthun were starting to infest several different zones adjacent to it.

ill probably get told im just wearing rose tinted glasses but that whole event was pretty amazing, the war effort all the way to the banging of the gong. it gave you a sense that you were helping the world. and the complete madness that followed after the gates opened was something i think has been one of my favorite memories in all of WoW. the utter chaos of raid boss bugs roaming around the zone and pvp happening everywhere was pretty epic.

we played on a medium pop server so the lag was present but not unbearable. i cant imagine what it was like on a high pop server lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It was opening on it's own and shit was already going down, it was time to break in and kill everything before they had even more time to build up power
    But if we waited for them to build up power, then the loot would've had better stats.

Deleted
    C'thun was alive and free.

The longer we would have waited the bigger his army would have become.

In short they where leaking out, the binding was failing and things started to go down.

Deleted
    Thank you for the responses. I did play in vanilla but wasn't there for when the event happened because of school and so forth.
    when all this lore went down I was too young to be interested in it and my english wasn't that great to understand it all either.

fandrall really shouldn't have broken that scepter if their whole security wasn't actually safe tbh, could have saved us a lot of hassle.
    Last edited by mmoc911be2cf14; 2016-05-15 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    Like the title says. After the war of the shifting sands it was locked up and safe because of the night elves and the dragon flights putting up the scarab wall through magic and creating the gong and scepter in case we needed to go back in there (which i just find a bit odd that they would do that, since they don't know anything about c'thun)

maybe it was explained at some point and I just didn't manage to find any concrete information on it, sp anyone know why exactly?
    That's because there were already millions upon millions of qirajis within Ahn Qiraji, had we waited any longer like say a few years, we could had been facing off against billions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I did play in vanilla but wasn't there for when the event happened because of school and so forth.
    when all this lore went down I was too young to be interested in it and my english wasn't that great to understand it all either.

If you did any question at all in southern Kalimdor pre-Cata, it was difficult to miss all off the silithid hives all over the place and the quests associated with them. There were even nasty little baby silithids in the southern Barrens. All of that stuff is still there, it's just that with the Cataclysm questing revamp, they took the focus of the quests away from sending you to Silithus to investigate the source of the bug infestation.

During the War of the Shifting Sands, the Night Elves were able to end the war by essentially barricading the Qiraji inside their own city with the Scarab Wall.

A little under a thousand years later, the Qiraji had built up a larger army from within the city of Ahn'qiraj, and were beginning to be a problem in the neighboring zones.

So the Alliance and the Horde decided that they had to go into AQ themselves to defeat C'thun to put an end to the Qiraji once and for all. But to open the Wall would mean unleashing an army that has been turtling in their base for a thousand years. So there was a massive war effort in place to support this war, and in the meantime all the best raiders in the game were competing to complete the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline.

They were slowly seeping out and destroying the areas around them and starting to break free.

C'thun's influence over the silithid started, with them starting to spread out of AQ, into nearby zones like Silithus, Un'Goro, Feralas or Tanaris.

We had to take care of that threat with the help of the Cenarion Enclave (if im not mistaken) and huge armies.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We needed a place to raid and get us some epixx?
    roflmao

and so the source of 95% of the lore in wow

Because Fandral heard C'Thun Shout "Ahhh After One thousand years i am FREE, Time to Conquer Azeroth" and immediately called for some teenagers with attitude