Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    They wanna fuck... so do are you going to go for it or let them down and how so?
    Man, I don't know. I should probably decide soon, I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't even know if I should be dating right now, still trying to get over that short-lived thing I had a few months ago.

The shitty thing people tell you about moving on is that dating other people will somehow make you forget the person you're trying to get over. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    How about you tell them that you are definitively not going to have sex with them?!
    Maybe she wants to smash? But not be bugged all day about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Man, I don't know. I should probably decide soon, I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't even know if I should be dating right now, still trying to get over that short-lived thing I had a few months ago.

The shitty thing people tell you about moving on is that dating other people will somehow make you forget the person you're trying to get over. It doesn't.
    It really doesn't unfortunately, you just get somebody to compare to.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell them the truth. Dang Celista, how long have you adulted?!

Deleted
    It's been like 2 months since I've answered a call. Works quite well.

OP turns down betas for breakfast and doesn't even bat an eyelash

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    She must be in middle school if her "problem" is a self-made one

- - - Updated - - -

Then act like an adult.
    Says the instant judging jerk. Rich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    And the circle jerk commences
    Even though you are banned already (I wonder why...): Maybe try being a bit less upset about the OP asking a simple question? You just come across as irrationally mad this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    OP dates multiple men at the same time then bitches when she gets too much attention because "introverted"
    Doesn't look like you understood the point of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    See thread title.

I'm a busy girl and a massive introvert, I hate the phone and I only text people when I have to (ie., going out somewhere). I'll make exceptions for certain people phone-wise like friends who live halfway across the country/abroad, but those are rare exceptions.

Long story short there are 2-3 guys that I'm talking to that text me nonstop and it's fucking annoying, one of them will ask me what I'm doing at least once an hour during the workday. I tell them I'm working and it seems to go completely over their head.

Right at this very second one of them is complaining about how mean I am because I only sent him a couple dozen texts today (23...I counted).

How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?
    Well its up to you to put those males in your friend zone in their rightful place of knowing when they can and can't talk to you. This is why whenever I was single if I tried getting onto a chick and got the slightest hint of being friend zoned I would just move right on to the next piece of pussy. I think guys who have chicks as friends AND constantly try to talk to them for a shot in their panties are the saddest of losers; if its not going to happen, accept it.

I hardly bother texting my massively introverted wife, I am lucky to get 2 texts from her in a day while at work, some people just don't like texting.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I hardly bother texting my massively introverted wife, I am lucky to get 2 texts from her in a day while at work, some people just don't like texting.
    Personally, I don't like pointless texting for the same reason as I don't like pointless small talk: it has very little function. There is always something fun to discuss, or some joke to tell, or some roleplaying to do, or to get to know each other better... I don't quite understand why some people instead come up with the most boring and stereotypical lines. It is as if they feel they need to talk about something for the sake of talking, but, since they are out of ideas, they choose the worst subject to fill the void.

I had a friend like this. During the short period of about 1 year when I actually messaged anyone at all with my phone, my university buddy would send me like 20 messages a day with the most mundane things: "Hi.", "How is it going?", "What are you doing?", "Are you watching the show?", "Have you done the homework?", etc. Every darn day. After a week or so of such craziness, I told him that I wasn't into phone messaging and didn't want to continue these pointless talks. Luckily, he got the hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

are you worried you might be in OP's friendzone? it's already too late, chump

If someone bugs me while I'm busy or don't feel like socializing, I just ignore them. Well, not completely ignore, but I don't pay attention to what they're saying and just nod. That way I don't come off as mean, and they are happy that someone is listening to them. Works perfectly for both sides until that certain someone asks a question you can't answer with an "uhm" or "yeah".
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Its quite obvious they want to "have a private session" with you. For someone who claims to be social and lawyer you don't really seem smart. And a guy msging you after he breaks up with his girl obviously wants you to be his rebound, how can you not see it? You are pretty much acting like a 15 year old girl. If you want to continue your games with them you could just say:
    "Hey man Im working and my boss hates when he sees me texting and threatens to fire me, if I keep on texting during the work Ill get fired, which means no money and me not being able to pay my bills".
    Anyone that is no longer living with their parents will 100% understand that.

Deleted
    How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?
    Exactly that. Maybe not via text (if you are friends with them irl) but just tell them. Some of them will respect you. Some of them wont. Those guys you can just block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Not everyone likes to type short responses. I've had people not respond because they were in the middle of a class. I've had people not respond because their phone ran out of power. I've also seen people get text messages while they're cooking. As if they're going to stop cutting, wash their hands, type a reply and then go back to cutting just so they can do it again 2 minutes later.

I've done those things as well. In fact, for years I didn't know how to turn on the vibrate setting for text messages and didn't bother to look up how, with the result being that sometimes I didn't see a text until like 2 hours later.

Too busy is not an excuse. You're basically just trying to rationalize your own insecurity here. And besides, think about it. If you think they're finding excuses to not reply, maybe it's better of not trying to communicate with that person.
    (In a nutshell, the phone is for the owners convenience, not everyone elses. - I wish more people understood this)

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply do not respond back anymore.
    Don't answer the calls, don't answer the texts.
    After 2 - 3 days it should stop by itself.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    If I don't feel like it, I just don't respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know, barely anyone texts me

As far as the OP goes I put them on a different tone, tell them I'm busy and then only answer when I have time. Everyone seems to get the hint. Often I'll turn my phone off during work time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Some of the people in this thread clearly haven't read the OP's posts properly.

IMO, it's a tricky situation, and I've been in it before. What I usually do is respond honestly and clearly (As the OP has said she does). If the people continue to try to talk to me, they're not going to get (another) response until I'm no longer busy. Because the last thing I said to them was a clear explanation of why I won't be replying further.

You don't owe them an answer if you've already given one.