Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm sure he's posting here on MMOC now.
    He managed to repurpose his shaver as a makeshift gallow.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

So, Austria just runs re-votes if they think there might have been election tampering even if there's no proof?

Why are they having a re-vote in this election anyway? Isn't the president just a powerless figurehead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    So, Austria just runs re-votes if they think there might have been election tampering even if there's no proof?
    Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Why are they having a re-vote in this election anyway? Isn't the president just a powerless figurehead?
    Yes and No. He is the one that´s also negotiating a lot and he´s top diplomat and a couple of other things. But it´s not comparable to the US president, despite having a higher wage. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Van der bellend huh?

Sorry... Had to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Van der bellend huh?

Sorry... Had to be done.
    Already done that joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Norbert has the funnier name, but Van der Bellen is only a 'd' away from taking that honour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yes and No. He is the one that´s also negotiating a lot and he´s top diplomat and a couple of other things.
    That, and technically he would have more power. The past presidents just never used those theoretical powers - and settled for being mostly representative. Hofer already said he would, for example, dismiss the government if they - in his opinion - did a bad job.
    Van der Bellen would most likely just keep the status quo.

That said: Yes, the possibility that there has been fraud going on (despite there not being any proof that any of the like actually happened), and the fact that so many formal mistakes were made, were enough to make the court decide that we will have a complete re-run nationwide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No. He is the one that´s also negotiating a lot and he´s top diplomat and a couple of other things. But it´s not comparable to the US president, despite having a higher wage. ^^
    I think he can be decently compared to the US President.
    Contrary to the German President, who definitely is just a court jester.

- - - Updated - - -

Already done that joke...
    Tricky joke though.
    Austrians might not get it that easy.
    Since they talk German:
    Bellen = barking
    bellend is part of that.

"Der Hund lief bellend am Zaun entlang."
    The dog ran barking along the fence.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think he can be decently compared to the US President.
    Contrary to the German President, who definitely is just a court jester.
    No, he has some powers like the US president but he is by no means the leader of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he has some powers like the US president but he is by no means the leader of the country.
    I said decently compared.

The US President has technically too only limited powers.
    True power lies with congress.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Time for round 3 today. This exciting ride never ends ;3

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Time for round 3 today. This exciting ride never ends ;3
    Ballot is closed when ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Ballot is closed when ?
    Around 17:00, so we will most likely get the first projection at this time again. Final results won't be in for another 1-2 days due to voting cards though.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Around 17:00, so we will most likely get the first projection at this time again. Final results won't be in for another 1-2 days due to voting cards though.
    And how are the forecasts on the system ? Is THIS ballot now a secure one and its result valid ?

Deleted
    And how are the forecasts on the system ? Is THIS ballot now a secure one and its result valid ?
    There is not really any guarantee for that. Only hope! ;3

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is not really any guarantee for that. Only hope! ;3
    Well, voting a 3rd round now is a shame.

Is Austria disciplined enough to accept a small percentage victory ( 51% to 49% for example) or will the minority moan because their votes ARE ignored, even it was the vote of a lot of population ?

Deleted
    Is Austria disciplined enough to accept a small percentage victory ( 51% to 49% for example) or will the minority moan because their votes ARE ignored, even it was the vote of a lot of population ?
    I mean, parts of the "minority" did moan last time since it was like 50.3 to 49.7 percent - so a very, very close call.
    That was not really the issue, though - but rather that the party who lost last time (the FPÖ) did not accept it and - due to it being so close - saw a chance of toppling the result. And while Hofer said in one of the debates that he would not do it again, there is always the possibility that he will IF he loses again.

What happened in May created a precedent; so our administrative bodies etc. better make sure that everything goes absolutely flawless this time in order to prevent the risk of it happening again. We really do not need another round. :|

That said: It is most likely going to be suuuper close again today.

Deleted
    Hofer must win n then Le Pen in France.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I actually decided too look into it some more, and it seems the Austrian president has the same kind of powers the German president had.
    So it really is only a big deal on these forums because of 'muh muslims'.

Norbert has the funnier name, but Van der Bellen is only a 'd' away from taking that honour.

Is Austrian President an important position? Often these things are not, e.g. the German President.
    It's an unimportant position 90% of the time in peace times. Ironically, the FPÖ always tried to remove this position as it is a waste according to them, but since Hofer has a chance of winning they've been silent about that.