Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    It is absolutely and blatantly wrong that you should not ever "abuse" your raiders in a high-pressure, high-level raiding environment. Ideally, this scolding should not have to be done in public, but sometimes even very good players will do very stupid things, or the entire raid will have hit a performance rut that they're struggling to get out of - and in some raid groups, the best way to get said player to stop doing stupid things/the raid group to collectively un-fuck themselves and play to their actual capabilities is to give them a wake-up call in the form of the hairdryer treatment.

Mind you, of course, that this does not mean producing an incoherent, expletive-laden tirade so much as it means making clear in no uncertain terms how unacceptable a performance is. The latter is entirely possible without resorting to the former.
    I would say that according to psychotherapists the best way to deal with a narcissist is to either ignore them or attack them, never accept them. In this case that seemingly unrelated case could have some relevance. If a raider is acting/playing badly, attacking the problem could have some positive results, but others might prefer to simply replace them out of the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Pretty much any Method kill video. I thought Kuznam laying down exactly how to do the last phase of Mannoroth was pretty awesome.
    That Manno kill had beautiful raid calling. Their archi kill was very rocky at that since they either didn't call correctly at the end or they were more stressed, maybe just tired though. I especially liked in manno how he tried to calm them down when they started being more tense towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I would say that according to psychotherapists the best way to deal with a narcissist is to either ignore them or attack them, never accept them. In this case that seemingly unrelated case could have some relevance. If a raider is acting/playing badly, attacking the problem could have some positive results, but others might prefer to simply replace them out of the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

That Manno kill had beautiful raid calling. Their archi kill was very rocky at that since they either didn't call correctly at the end or they were more stressed, maybe just tired though. I especially liked in manno how he tried to calm them down when they started being more tense towards the end.
    When I'm raid leading I tend to do this since things do get hectic at times, especially on fights like Gorefiend. A simple remark like, "Calm down, listen to the calls," is extremely effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=3aBxOaQl22s

Our first manny kill, albeit from a dk tank pov. Not quite the traditional in that there are different people calling out various things but I think it shows how effective the method can be when raiders are given a bit more responsibility.

I dont really think one person can effectively pay attention to everything so by having a few people looking for different things you can stay on top of it. You'll hear 3 voices more but there are certainly calls made by the raiders on the fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=3aBxOaQl22s

Our first manny kill, albeit from a dk tank pov. Not quite the traditional in that there are different people calling out various things but I think it shows how effective the method can be when raiders are given a bit more responsibility.

I dont really think one person can effectively pay attention to everything so by having a few people looking for different things you can stay on top of it. You'll hear 3 voices more but there are certainly calls made by the raiders on the fly.
    It's not bad but it appears that it can use some more proactive information, less redundancy and while probably unrelated, perhaps some better strategy preparation judging by some confusion regarding the roles/assignments.

It's not bad but it appears that it can use some more proactive information, less redundancy and while probably unrelated, perhaps some better strategy preparation judging by some confusion regarding the roles/assignments.
    Yeah, it wasnt really that we hadnt prepared a strat, it was that it didnt take all that many pulls so we didn't see the last phase all that many times. Just took a clean pull into 3rd phase to kill it so we hadnt seen the last phase all that many times when he went down.

Hard to believe it was an almost 9 minute pull, the difference 9 months makes.

Deleted

Wonderful raid leading.

Remind People To Kill Adds

Here's a video of a guilds Mannoroth kill that I raid lead, they're a casual guild that I help out in every now and then, I'm the one raid leading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auW8i8I0T9s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerbear View Post
    Here's a video of a guilds Mannoroth kill that I raid lead, they're a casual guild that I help out in every now and then, I'm the one raid leading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auW8i8I0T9s
    You're fun, and damn you're smart judging by how fast your thought process is; it seems like calling could be more consistent in terms of timings but not by much. I couldn't help but think about the strategy while I was watching this video because I was also into that fight recently. You could use the lock to bounce for the first seeker from a side to the other instead of having the ranged run for a few seconds, but it's not a big deal, that phase is warmup. I like how you do the last phase though, we usually go through patches and we wait for the ring for p4's start but we aren't much into changing tactics during farming (we still go by 4 healers and if timings change because of more dps we tend to play it safe and just wait before phasing instead of changing tactics).

You're fun, and damn you're smart judging by how fast your thought process is; it seems like calling could be more consistent in terms of timings but not by much. I couldn't help but think about the strategy while I was watching this video because I was also into that fight recently. You could use the lock to bounce for the first seeker from a side to the other instead of having the ranged run for a few seconds, but it's not a big deal, that phase is warmup. I like how you do the last phase though, we usually go through patches and we wait for the ring for p4's start but we aren't much into changing tactics during farming (we still go by 4 healers and if timings change because of more dps we tend to play it safe and just wait before phasing instead of changing tactics).
    Hey thank you for the critique, when we progressed we used the side to side strat but it just didn't work for us, I've seen it work for other guilds but it just wasn't what worked for us so we used this one, in the guild I'm GM and raid leader in (not the one in the video) we killed it before the item level upgrades and it worked ok, i'm a strong believer in what works for one group won't always work for another but again, thanks and yeah the timings are awkward.

I can do a local record tonight for our farm run. We still call everything out. Give me a day or so for editing and i'll post it up here, we have a great RL.