Thread: [TV] Preacher

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I think the promo teaser was really bad though and almost turned me off from watching it. About to watch episode 2. I was alittle lost on some of the first episode so hopefully they explain it later in the season.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    This show is so WTF? In a really good way though. When the dude started singing in the church I just sat there for a second then started cracking up. I had thought they were going to dissect him or something then they serenade him. And then they show up again at the sheriffs office when they're supposed to be in pieces in a trunk. Can't wait to find out what's happening there.
    Wait, so did the episode not say who Fiore and Deblanc were? No backstory?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Wait, so did the episode not say who Fiore and Deblanc were? No backstory?
    nope. none. maybe theyll do that later in the season? so far they are 2 guys following whatever that spirit was that was blowing up church heads.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    kind of wish it was on a diff network for more violence/swearing etc
    Ehh... It's on AMC. You know what else is on AMC? The Walking Dead. You want more violence than what's on The Walking Dead? Also, AMC isn't a "network", per se. It's basic cable.

As far as I know, they can have as much violence and as much swearing as they want on AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    As far as I know, they can have as much violence and as much swearing as they want on AMC.
    AMC is network TV, which is constrained by decency standards. Violence seems to be completely open, as evident by zombie violence and what we've seen in Preacher. Language is still moderated, no F-bombs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    AMC is network TV
    Wait, what? No it isn't. It's basic cable.

You're thinking of ABC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Wait, what? No it isn't. It's basic cable.

You're thinking of ABC?
    yeah yeah you're right, it's basic cable.

Edit: just looked it up, networks self-regulate. So you are right on all counts!
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-06-06 at 11:17 PM.

I like how broken this world is and how preacher talks about God and hope while drinking and smoking himself to death.

He also learned finally that his words have power.

Deleted
    i've heard its good, but i might wait for the season to be fully out and just binge watch all of it?

its pretty violent lol.

also saint of killers hype
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2016-06-07 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    It is above average violent, but they don't actually show the shots with gruesome or bloody acts directly. You only see the result after the act.

So, its actually less violent than other mainstream shows, e.g. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc.

I guess this may be to keep the comics or perhaps even parody feel of it. But it can be quite distracting in some scenes, leaving you wondering what the heck just happened, e.g. a detailed action combat format setup in the fight scene of a bar, then all of a sudden some final violent act happens and you have no clue what until after.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-07 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It is above average violent, but they don't actually show the shots with gruesome or bloody acts directly. You only see the result after the act.

So, its actually less violent than other mainstream shows, e.g. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc.

I guess this may be to keep the comics or perhaps even parody feel of it. But it can be quite distracting in some scenes, leaving you wondering what the heck just happened, e.g. a detailed action combat format setup in the fight scene of a bar, then all of a sudden some final violent act happens and you have no clue what until after.
    They showed him shoving a chainsaw into the guys shoulder and pressing down...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They showed him shoving a chainsaw into the guys shoulder and pressing down...
    You forgot that scene shows you during the act from the other side. You never actually see the chainsaw go into the shoulder, and certainly not press through.

Again, you only see the before and after images.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I guess this may be to keep the comics or perhaps even parody feel of it.
    If they're cutting away from the violence it sure as fuck is NOT keeping the comic's feel.

Really liking it at the moment. Its not too over the top (well, okay...the killings are pretty out there, but thats the fun of it all), and the characters feel very realistic and understanding from where they are standing. I like how it takes time setting things up, but at the same time it does bug me a little about some of the characters pasts that seem to be pretty important, but still have not revealed what they are all about yet. (I havent read the comic so Im a complete newbie to the Preacher series). But there hasnt been a moment in the last couple of episodes that I have gotten bored at all, so thats a plus for me.

Preacher has been renewed for season 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched this show during my free time while working, its pretty good. Doesn't take itself seriously without being silly. All the characters are pretty interesting. I've watched the 4 episodes twice, there is a lot of subtle humor that you might miss on a first watch.

If anything, its a good summer show while waiting for the Fall season.

- - - Updated - - -

i've heard its good, but i might wait for the season to be fully out and just binge watch all of it?

AMC doesn't have a lot of violence and swearing

This show has both though, and in good fashion.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Tonights Hotel scene was awesome lol

Tonight's episode was fantastic especially that opening. Really glad this is getting a second season.

Go to hell, Eugene.

Someone's gotta watch his mouth. To be honest, that Eugene is better off, dead. What an annoying prick.

Those bodies in hotel Are you dead? No. Thwack!

Deleted
    Ok, this show is starting to get seriously interesting with S01E06. Great writing and premise!