Warcraft - Spell usage in Movies

I watched the Warcraft movie - there were just too few spells used furing the fights, I expected more to be honest.
    Lord of the Rings movies suffered from the same problem - if you are a spellcaster why not make use of your power? Although Khadgar managed better than Gandalf still...

Also I expect the next movies use the other races besides humans and orcs a lot more - I get that the first war was all about orcs and humans, but the upcoming conflicts shoudl focus on the other races as well. I liked the golem scene, but more magical creatures shoudl have been used including kobolds, murlocs - there is a whole world to show! I know that the conflict was the main story point, but soem other fetures from the world would have been much needed in this movie to give the impression of a living, breathing world.

Overall 5/7

Deleted
    Sure if they had infinite $$$ why not, make kobolds, murlocs, grummles, goblins. But seeing as there were scenes cut for the lack of budget, I don't think think it is feasible to expect more than the important races for the first/second war.

I'm not sure, but mages probably cannot spam spells in the actual world. We can for game mechanics, but I imagine it would drain a mage quite a bit to cast spell after spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    there was a murloc :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. Sorry, but the magic in the game isn't like in the lore/movie though. Some spells takes time, or energy.

I liked how they pictured portals.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly I thought the magic was perfect. They used it when they needed to and it wasn't like they were spamming it. I mean, you saw how Medivh got after casting spells, he was completely drained. Khadgar stood his ground a bit better, but even then it seemed like it look a lot to cast. They have to do entire rune circles for teleporting, which takes time in itself.

Not to mention the fact that more magic would've meant more money, mainly because of how amazingly the spells were done. Honestly one of the best parts of the film in comparison to the orcs.

I thought magic is awesome in the movie. Khadgar kept slinging simple spells in fights with ease (that stormwind stockade scene ). Medivh usually didn't bother with small scale spells, he just eradicated armies with epic scale spells.

As for your request about the other races, the movie left where all things pointing out to that conclusion. Inclusion of the kobolds etc.. would have muddled the script. 2nd movie will probably have the forming of alliance. Dwarfs, elves etc.. will step out of inaction into the fray.