Poll: Do you enjoy life?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    when i was young, high school days, i lived a very straight edge life. I didnt drink, i didnt smoke weed, didnt stay out late, and i thought women wanted to be respected and cherished. I was Hank Hill

Then one day when i was 19 i got a job in construction, big job sites, built an airport and a NFL stadium over 4 years. I met so many successful people that drank, did drugs, stayed out late, and treated women like garbage but banged out solid 8-10s.

Imagine how pissed off i was. what im getting at is i was ignorant to what life was when i was young, i was happy because i truly felt i was as good as i could be.

Ignorance is bliss. Then i took the blue pill and busted out of the matrix.
    There is a middle ground you know, between treating women like goddesses and treating them like garbage. If you treat them like goddesses they will eventually get bored because of lack of excitement/challenge it's weird but they want that kind of stuff(what a lot of nice guys complain about.) Treating them like garbage might get you laid from time to time but will do nothing in the long run.

There are some simple tricks out there to help you get the girl. But a little bit of confidence goes a long way, don't be the jackass unless you don't want anything permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I enjoy it, I do tend to make the best of it though, with what I have
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    There is a middle ground you know, between treating women like goddesses and treating them like garbage. If you treat them like goddesses they will eventually get bored because of lack of excitement/challenge it's weird but they want that kind of stuff(what a lot of nice guys complain about.) Treating them like garbage might get you laid from time to time but will do nothing in the long run.

There are some simple tricks out there to help you get the girl. But a little bit of confidence goes a long way, don't be the jackass unless you don't want anything permanent.
    oh im good at the art of female now but agreed, youre right
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not currently happy or satisfied,but I'll improve things again. I get tired of how cruel people are.

Yes, I enjoy it quite a bit!

I actually still get fairly impressed that I am alive in this world. Like when I see a great piece of art or performance. Or yesterday morning sitting on my porch with the warmth of the sun on my bare feet- I thought how marvelous life is most of the time.

Being alive is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Extremely small minded thing to say.
    Riiiiiiiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am quite a happy person. Sometimes there are bad days and bad events, but they don't offset how much fun I have most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to post something much different but your reasoning to your question is er quite basic so I will answer in relation to your context. Yes. I do not care how many animals die to keep me sustained. In reality, something must die in order to make something live. Whether a plant or an elephant, whether a cell or a photon, something has to end.

Be glad there is nothing that actively eats us.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    life is still a better MMO than most of those we have nowadays.
    i play a serbian male white deist.
    currently lvl 15 (dont judge, lvling is hard!)

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I dont want to bring religion in this but we all know 1 that should be removed and the world would be a lot more peaceful.
    Not really. The violence happening in Chicago has just about nothing to do with religion other than maybe a short supply of it there. :P

I enjoy life of course. I try to make the best of what we should accept as not a perfect existence anyway. Which may explain why this poll is showing about 1/3 of the posters who answered this one do not. But I also hold firmly onto the belief this life is only temporary and is not all there is.

Depends on the day. Sometimes depends on the hour. Right this second, things are alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
    Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and
    Demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life,
    Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and
    Its purpose in the service of your people.

Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
    Even a stranger, when in a lonely place.

Show respect to all people and
    Bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and
    For the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks,
    The fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing,
    For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts
    Are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes
    They weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again
    In a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    jokes beside.
    my like is ok.
    there are days where i wish someone would just end my misery, and there are days which are awesome/beautyful/amazing and im just happy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I don't mean YOUR life. I mean life in general. Do you enjoy this cruel game of kill or die*?

*You can choose not to kill animals but you still have to eat something. Most plants are almost perfect (to live they need 4 elements only - ground, water, sun and air) but other species, including humans are far from it - they (we?) need to eat, walk, build etc. which means destroying / killing plants. They may have no soul, feelings etc. but they still want to live (otherwise they wouldn't turn themselves to the light or evolve thorns as protection etc.)
    Going hunting in Poland later this summer. It's going to be great.

Does that trigger you, OP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do I enjoy the logical consequences of the way life functions?

It just is.

Plus, saying they "want to" live is a weird way of putting it. Want implies a will. They are programmed to survive and procreate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life is awesome -- Will be even more awesome when I leave for Florida in a few days. As long as I don't have any run-ins with FloridaMan while I'm there life will be better than awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the human life is the cruelest thing that could have happened to us.

Kind of. On one hand I feel like I could have done a whole lot more by now. On the other hand I could have been born in like North Korea or Africa and really have it bad.

Not exactly tried the alternative yet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Do I enjoy the logical consequences of the way life functions?

It just is.

Plus, saying they "want to" live is a weird way of putting it. Want implies a will. They are programmed to survive and procreate.
    A desire. And some do lose the will ( desire ) to live. Suicide comes to mind.