Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone not using a MMO Mouse?

My Logitech G600 MMO Mouse broke a few months ago and currently I am not planning on getting a new one. I am wondering if anyone here uses a normal mouse with only a few buttons for WoW? I currently don't play WoW but I plan to when Legion Pre-Event comes around. Not sure how I can play WoW without a MMO Mouse that has 12+ Buttons. Anyone have experience with it? How do you move? Mouse only? Using Numpad?

Hope you can help me out!

Not really I am using a gaming mouse namely razer chroma and honestly I find it more comfortable using a mouse with maximum 5-6 buttons. I wont be ableto manage it else...

wasd + qe to assist mouse movement, which is what i use when I'm not concentrating. Otherwise it's full mouse unless the situation doesn't require it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    My Logitech G600 MMO Mouse broke a few months ago and currently I am not planning on getting a new one. I am wondering if anyone here uses a normal mouse with only a few buttons for WoW? I currently don't play WoW but I plan to when Legion Pre-Event comes around. Not sure how I can play WoW without a MMO Mouse that has 12+ Buttons. Anyone have experience with it? How do you move? Mouse only? Using Numpad?

Hope you can help me out!
    I'm using a G600 bit i pretty much never use the macro buttons. I have a few i sometimes use when raiding but i always end up finding them annoying to use

After played wow with a Razer Naga for years, I really got problems using anything else, there is just too many keybindings in this game. Can't wait for Legion to hit, to be rid of most of the useless buttons you use once in your life time, but kinda need to have binded just incase.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    TIL People use special mice to play MMOs. What's wrong with a normal 3 button mouse? :< I already don't use my scroll let alone having to think of 10 more buttons on my mouse.

i move with A,S,D,Q,W,E, sometimes turn with left+right mouse buton and have a normal 2 button mouse. I only keybind 1,2,3,4,C, Shift + 1,2,3, Shift + f

Deleted
    You really dont need that many buttons on a mouse, if you have large enough hand or your fast enough you can just bind it to your keyboard, as long as you can use all your options without delay its fine. Having a lot of buttons on your mouse is really good for some people but for some its just not comfortable and in the end the only thing that actually matters is the speed of our decision making and spell usage.

MMO mice are a gimmick especially considering WoW has a lot less spells than it used to, they are pruning even more stuff in legion. Even in PVP where you need a ton of target, focus, etc macro you don't need one. Just make use of modifiers and also the 2 buttons on most mouse and you will have plenty. For example I have 6 things bound to my 2 mouse buttons just because I use ctrl and shift as modifiers.

I use a gaming mouse, but one with only 2 side buttons which i have setup for auto-run and that's it. I tried using one of the 6 key ones, and the 12 key ones, and just couldn't get used to it. So now it's left/right click, and auto-run. I find the mouse shape more comfortable too compared to the MMO/multi-key ones I had tried.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

“MMO mouse”
    Funny name. Gaming mouse I know of, but MMO mouse I had never heard.

Anyway, it depends on what you do. I found that it's much more natural to me to have several buttons on the mouse when I play as a healer. Pointing with one hand and casting with the other is just too odd for me to get used to.
    Funnily enough, I'll still use the other hand for modifiers. For instance, I remember at some point I had btn4 for flash heal and shift+btn4 for regular heal.

When I play dps, I don't need the extra buttons, though they bring some comfort (mostly, I bind the prev/next buttons so the tab through targets, and an additional button to set my focus directly from under the cursor).

Nope, I don't use an MMO mouse. I have a lot of Shift-something keybinds as well as the entire leftside of my keyboard aside from E, A and D bound.

Nope, never used it, was perfectly fine all the time.

I have a 6 button mouse and do fine with it. See no reason to buy an MMO mouse. Only MMO I really play is WoW and I see no reason to use an MMO mouse for anything else I use. It might be one thing if I played professionally (like was in a world first raiding guild or played at events) or played multiple MMOs. It's a waste of money otherwise, though. It's like buying a top of the line video card ... to play solitaire and check your e-mail. If you got money to burn, by all means, but I'd much rather keep practical.

With the pruning that's coming in Legion, you don't need one

Deleted
    Today's kids just want all the new toys. I'm using a mouse I bought in 2001 and it's serving me well. I have never understood why anyone would need keybindings when the spell icons are on the screen and you can just easily click them. The action bar is there for a reason you know.

I use a normal mouse and wasd for movement. Q and e are used for abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheric View Post
    “MMO mouse”
    Funny name. Gaming mouse I know of, but MMO mouse I had never heard.
    Mouses with the 12 key thumbgrid are generally considered MMO versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I'm using a Kone XTD, which is not an MMO mouse but still a gaming mouse, I thought about buying a Roccat Nyth, but considering the incoming prune in Legion I don't know wether it will truly be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Smoggert View Post
    TIL People use special mice to play MMOs. What's wrong with a normal 3 button mouse? :< I already don't use my scroll let alone having to think of 10 more buttons on my mouse.
    It's useful if you're playing arena, so you can bind macros that cast an ability on a designated target (/Arena 1,2,3) on the side pannel of your mouse
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-05-23 at 03:28 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used a normal mouse for years. Usually move with the mouse, WASD if mouse is needed for something (pointing enemies/friends for mouseover macros, spells that need to point the ground, etc.). Q and E are binded to skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.