Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    I'm confused by all these "Take a class/course" posts. Is it not mandatory to take a separate test for a motorcycle license in the US? I can't imagine driving any vehicle without taking some kind of lesson, purely from a capability standpoint.

In (most of?) Europe a car driver's license will not let you on anything 2 wheeled, bar a moped, nor will it let you drive anything heavier than 3.5 tonnes, or pulling a trailer above a certain weight or whatever.
    It's the same as a car. You need to take a written test and a driving test. You can get a permit similar to car with restrictions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    ^Most certainly get some riding boots and NO Timberlands dont count. Foot injuries are the most common injury on a motorcycle, even when wearing proper footwear.
    yep, your foot is also important to keep the bike upright when stationary, sounds silly, but a shoe with crappy grip, a bit of wet or oil, and you have a zero mph fall....probably not lethal! but can wreck a bike and you can crush your leg if you get it trapped.

And wear proper leathers, or other protective gear, always. I dont care how hot it is, wear the proper stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    call the hospital when ever he is freaking out so he can get a psych test done