Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    They're put in the metal back of the van with handcuffs and leg shackles while not buckled in. They then drive erratically with the intent of slamming the person around inside the vehicle. Several people have been paralyzed by this in the past 10 years by Baltimore PD alone.
    I can see why it isn't a cut and dry case then. That is something that would be difficult to prove yet easy to accuse for doing. However, if there was a police car driving around so erratically that it would cause the guy to break his neck and die, I would think that somebody would have seen it and reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No, innocent and not guilty are NOT the same thing. One can commit a crime and still be found not guilty.
    Yes, legal mumbo jumbo, we get it. Outside of said legal mumbo jumbo, how is being not guilty of something different from being innocent of something? Ya, you can say that they might not be innocent of something they did, but then again that would be the same as not being 'not guilty' of something they did. Being found not guilty and being found innocent, unless the law just establishes different definitions for both of those words just to confuse people, I see no problem just saying he was found innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    This isn't random chance or the bar being set too low; it's being set too low for certain people, namely cops.

I don't think it's a good system where cops consistently don't face the same consequences as everyone else. I don't see the appeal of such a system, and that's absolutely what we have right now.
    When the only legal trials ever in the news are those of cops (remember when it used to be kidnappers?) because half the nation wants them convicted regardless of the evidence, then you aren't going to get a very good idea of exactly how many people are getting off because of 'too little evidence'.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    innocent in the eyes of the law doesnt really mean actually innocent. or was Jon Gotti not a mobster doing rackettering things?
    He may have done things, you may have proof he did things, but absent a guilty verdict, he is innocent - Feel free to definitively say that he was a racketeering mobster all you like, just don't say anything about his guilt or innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    So you rather live in a society where your brother could land in jail just because some people think he is guilt even if there is no evidence that prove any wrongdoing?
    We have proof of the wrongdoing: someone is dead. We know what happened, and that at least one of the cops was responsible.

Some people have a mental breakdown when the facts point to a police office being responsible for something; but not everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Edit: What is wrong with the math? Other than it makes sense and doesnt let you misrepresent things.
    Other than it being complete bullshit? Well, nothing I guess.

But again, this is why we don't hire cops to do math on police shootings. At least, nobody that gives a shit about what the answer is.

Deleted
    Cops are never guilty in USA, a convicted cop nowadays is rarer than a meteorite shower.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So a man was found innocent? I don't get why this is news worthy.
    I agree, cops kill people at random and walks away free every day. Not like this is news, right?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    So far there has been 1 hung jury, and 1 found not guilty....

Has everybody forgotten the initial statement made by the other criminal ridding with Grey? He could hear Grey throwing himself against the car trying to hurt himself. It was Grey's own fault that he broke his neck.
    Meh. It was their responsibility that he was properly restrained if that was the case. At very least whoever was supposed to buckle him in was negligent and it ended in a death. That he may have done it himself or put himself in harm's way is completely irrelevant to that argument.

The crowd shouting "guilty" is one thing, but "murderer" is another. He was not on trial for murder so anyone acting upset over him not being found guilty of murder, well I have some bad news for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you rather live in a society where your brother could land in jail just because some people think he is guilt even if there is no evidence that prove any wrongdoing?
    There is evidence though? The man died on the officer's watch didn't he?

We have proof of the wrongdoing: someone is dead. We know what happened, and that at least one of the cops was responsible.

Some people have a mental breakdown when the facts point to a police office being responsible for something; but not everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

But again, this is why we don't hire cops to do math on police shootings. At least, nobody that gives a shit about what the answer is.
    Lol. Complete bullshit my ass. Blacks do commit about half the violent crime (FBI stats) and make up just under half the people shot by police. If you're a decent citizen you can probably go decades without interacting with the police. Then you see losers like Gray who get arrested dozens of times within a few years.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Please enlighten us. We've heard a theory "rough ride" but people also throw out the "self-inflicted" theory. Theory only goes so far without evidence. "At least one of the cops" isnt good enough in the court of law, you have to proof that one one trial did it, beyond a reasonable doubt, or the law says you must acquit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There is evidence though? The man died on the officer's watch didn't he?
    Thats no evidence. You have to prove that it was this officers fault. For all we know the original statement of his friend could be true too (that he hurt himself).

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Please enlighten us. We've heard a theory "rough ride" but people also throw out the "self-inflicted" theory. Theory only goes so far without evidence. "At least one of the cops" isnt good enough in the court of law, you have to proof that one one trial did it, beyond a reasonable doubt, or the law says you must acquit.
    It's amazing how many people come up with new and innovative ways to kill themselves while in police custody, and there never seems to be evidence to support these "theories."

Guns materializing out of thin air, suspects with their hands cuffed behind their back inside police cars shooting themselves in the face. People throwing themselves against walls and breaking their own necks.

It takes a special kind of person to buy bullshit of that variety.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    When the only legal trials ever in the news are those of cops (remember when it used to be kidnappers?) because half the nation wants them convicted regardless of the evidence, then you aren't going to get a very good idea of exactly how many people are getting off because of 'too little evidence'.
    There was that incident not too long ago in NorCal where after pursuing a vehicle which ended in a rollover the officer dismounted and executed the guy as he was getting out of the car. Recorded on the officer's dash cam. They originally weren't even going to prosecute until the dash cam footage got out and the public screamed at them to charge the officer. As is, "involuntary manslaughter." Dude is gonna do probably 2 years in county.

Thats no evidence. You have to prove that it was this officers fault. For all we know the original statement of his friend could be true too (that he hurt himself).
    Not really. When somebody mysteriously dies under a group-watch of 6 cops, somebody is responsible. Either they're responsible for covering for their fellow officers (perjury) or they're responsible for his death. That's just the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by meian View Post
    There was that incident not too long ago in NorCal where after pursuing a vehicle which ended in a rollover the officer dismounted and executed the guy as he was getting out of the car. Recorded on the officer's dash cam. They originally weren't even going to prosecute until the dash cam footage got out and the public screamed at them to charge the officer. As is, "involuntary manslaughter." Dude is gonna do probably 2 years in county.
    Something tells me your interpretation of that chain of events probably isn't the best source for information on the subject. How does that change what I said though?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    or was Jon Gotti not a mobster doing rackettering things?
    isn't he in jail, last i remember was that god-awful reality tv show with his brats and bitch.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Cops are never guilty in USA, a convicted cop nowadays is rarer than a meteorite shower.
    There's a huge amount of things that are rarer than a meteorite shower.

January 3-4, 2016 Quadrantids
    April 21-22, 2016 Lyrids
    May 5-6, 2016 Eta Aquarids
    July 28-29, 2016 Delta Aquarids
    August 11-12, 2016 Perseids
    October 7, 2016 Draconids
    October 20-21, 2016 Orionids
    November 4-5, 2016 South Taurids
    November 11-12, 2016 North Taurids
    November 16-17, 2016 Leonids
    December 13-14, 2016 Geminids
    That's an average of just under once per month, and those are just the guaranteed ones.
    Not really. When somebody mysteriously dies under a group-watch of 6 cops, somebody is responsible. Either they're responsible for covering for their fellow officers (perjury) or they're responsible for his death. That's just the reality of the situation.
    This presumes that the actions of the person who died aren't his own responsibility while in custody. I'm not saying that I agree that he did it to himself by any means, but you can't exclude all possibilities in terms of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There's a huge amount of things that are rarer than a meteorite shower.

That's an average of just under once per month, and those are just the guaranteed ones.

This presumes that the actions of the person who died aren't his own responsibility while in custody. I'm not saying that I agree that he did it to himself by any means, but you can't exclude all possibilities in terms of responsibility.
    Why...

If a person chooses to hurt himself why is it someone else fault? What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It does seem like a much more reasonable expectation for suspects not to die while in police custody. I think the burden of proof here can be slightly higher than, "who gives a shit what happened, nobody can prove anything."

I don't think it's so unreasonable to expect a police officer to have a really fucking good explanation for why someone he was responsible for is dead. And I think the burden for being fired for incompetence should be much lower when these are the consequences.

It does seem like a much more reasonable expectation for suspects not to die while in police custody. I think the burden of proof here can be slightly higher than, "who gives a shit what happened, nobody can prove anything."

I don't think it's so unreasonable to expect a police officer to have a really fucking good explanation for why someone he was responsible for is dead. And I think the burden for being fired for incompetence should be much lower when these are the consequences.
    They do. He recently had surgery and thrashed around breaking his weakened back. What more do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    They do. He recently had surgery and thrashed around breaking his weakened back. What more do you expect?
    For cops not to ride around with suspects not in seatbelts, resulting in death and/or permanent injury.

I don't think that's too much to ask. They can't be depended on to do it on their own; this requires outside influence.

I just knew reading the thread title by OP it was a Tennisace troll thread
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2016-05-23 at 11:20 PM.