Thread: Quick GPU Help!

Quick GPU Help!

Hey everyone my friend gave me a computer and upon testing everything seems like the GPU isn't working.

So I want to buy a new GPU but upon doing benchmark tests I was having trouble finding one that was better than it that didn't cost over $200...

Pretty much i'm just looking for a GPU thats equal to it in performance but not spend over $150 ideally.

Graphics Card I have is this one i cant post links so just type amazon.com then the following
    /Zotac-GeForce-GTX-Graphic-Card/dp/B00DKX0U0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464487958&sr=8-1&keywords=Zotac+GeForce+GTX+760

Full setup

Light gaming nothing too serious not looking to max out FPS

GPU is Zotac geforce gtx 760 2gb

Motherboard is Intel H81

CPU I5-4576

Thanks in advance really appreciate any help from you nice folk!

Deleted
    Do you know why your GPU isn't working?

Just to state the obvious, but was the gpu also broken for your friend? i guess you reinstalled windows when you got the PC, you did install the gpu driver right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillaj View Post
    Hey everyone my friend gave me a computer and upon testing everything seems like the GPU isn't working.

So I want to buy a new GPU but upon doing benchmark tests I was having trouble finding one that was better than it that didn't cost over $200...

Pretty much i'm just looking for a GPU thats equal to it in performance but not spend over $150 ideally.

Graphics Card I have is this one i cant post links so just type amazon.com then the following
    /Zotac-GeForce-GTX-Graphic-Card/dp/B00DKX0U0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464487958&sr=8-1&keywords=Zotac+GeForce+GTX+760

Full setup

Light gaming nothing too serious not looking to max out FPS

GPU is Zotac geforce gtx 760 2gb

Motherboard is Intel H81

CPU I5-4576

Thanks in advance really appreciate any help from you nice folk!
    Best thing around 150 you will find is the gtx 950 which is close, but less powerful than the 760 I believe. You might be able to find a 380 or 960 used for around that price. Or you could save some more money and buy a new gpu in the next 2-3 months like a 1060 or new amd card releasing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Do you know why your GPU isn't working?

Just to state the obvious, but was the gpu also broken for your friend? i guess you reinstalled windows when you got the PC, you did install the gpu driver right?
    He said it was working fine at his house ever since he bought he just happened to not work anymore when he gave it to me. I plugged it into the VGA port on the motherboard and the monitor worked fine but when i plugged it into the GPU the monitor didn't power on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Best thing around 150 you will find is the gtx 950 which is close, but less powerful than the 760 I believe. You might be able to find a 380 or 960 used for around that price. Or you could save some more money and buy a new gpu in the next 2-3 months like a 1060 or new amd card releasing soon.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing but i figured if I spent $200 ish for a GPU I might aswell buy a new mobo and CPU as well =\

Did you try turning off the onboard GPU in the BIOS b4 switching to the discrete GPU? It might not do it automatically, it's worth checking.

This might be a long shot, but you might want to check to make sure everything's pushed in tight on the motherboard, and the power supply cables are connected (if the card needs them). It's possible it got loose in transit and needs a little push to get it back into position.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Did you try turning off the onboard GPU in the BIOS b4 switching to the discrete GPU? It might not do it automatically, it's worth checking.
    What if i do this and it turns out the GPU is broken, then I won't be able to plug my monitor into my integrated graphics card because I won't be able to actually access that startup panel again?

If it still does not work, pull out the graphics card and reattach the cable to the integrated, it should work again once it no longer finds your graphics card.