Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So.... how much slower you get levels once you reach higher levels?

While you can apparently get enough levels to get everything... eventually (as far as I know). How slow will it be after... lets say...lvl50? 100? At the start you get several boxes in hour. Will it be one box a day? a week? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So.... how much slower you get levels once you reach higher levels?

While you can apparently get enough levels to get everything... eventually (as far as I know). How slow will it be after... lets say...lvl50? 100? At the start you get several boxes in hour. Will it be one box a day? a week? What?
    It stops at around the 20's I think XP wise. Need citation on that one.

This is fun.

Threads like these are also the reason I'll never buy Overwatch. New game releases and you chowderheads are spending more time arguing about spending real-life money for pixels on a computer screen (which is a) idiotic, and b) the same thing you rage against Blizzard doing in WoW) than actually playing it.

Actually, maybe there is a benefit to this. If the toxic community moves from WoW to Overwatch, maybe WoW will be fun to play again. Well done, all of you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I think I got boxes after lvl20 during open beta. To my understanding max lvl is 100, but even after that you sort of start over at glowy lvls and repeat... getting boxes while at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    This is fun.

Threads like these are also the reason I'll never buy Overwatch. New game releases and you chowderheads are spending more time arguing about spending real-life money for pixels on a computer screen (which is a) idiotic, and b) the same thing you rage against Blizzard doing in WoW) than actually playing it.

Actually, maybe there is a benefit to this. If the toxic community moves from WoW to Overwatch, maybe WoW will be fun to play again. Well done, all of you.
    What is stopping them from playing both? Only one requires a sub/token

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think I got boxes after lvl20 during open beta. To my understanding max lvl is 100, but even after that you sort of start over at glowy lvls and repeat... getting boxes while at it.
    Basically like prestige in Call of Duty after 100. It is basically infinite boxes while leveling.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see an issue... I got to like lvl30 in the open beta and had a skin or two on almost all heroes + other cool stuff. And I didn't even play that much, I saw lots of people who were over lvl50 during the last day of beta.

Unless you're some kinda of skin-obsessed completionist I don't see a reason to ever spend money on the game. And even if you want some specific skin/cosmetic effect you can just buy it with the credits you get from the boxes, so it's not all gated behind RNG, either.

Yeah, looking at the stuff there are only 2-4 skins that are worth mentioning in my opinion. One of them is on zenayatta that is trash tier hero that I don't even play. Two of them are for Reinhardt that I play a lot but since I can only use one, I'll be needing only one of them. So in total I'll probably need only about 4k credits to get all a I want. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So a company wanting to profit with optional micro transactions is a shill?
    A company including microtransactions of any kind in any game that isn't free to play is a shill.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    A company including microtransactions of any kind in any game that isn't free to play is a shill.
    Then there are loads of fucking companies then. Fact is it has them. Do you have to buy them? No.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be upset about the microtransactions if they weren't going to help fund future content. I'll gladly take the trade off of cosmetics to actual DLC content I would traditionally have to pay extra for.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who are against lootboxes in the shop, how do u think blizz should finance further development of game?

Have people pay for new heros/maps, splitting the community upun release?

Or free new maps/heros but pay for cosmetic stuff?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Then there are loads of fucking companies then. Fact is it has them. Do you have to buy them? No.
    Wow. You still keep ignoring the fucking point. Gonna ignore you now then. Keep on shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    People who are against lootboxes in the shop, how do u think blizz should finance further development of game?
    Expansions? Wow, that wasn't so hard to figure out, was it. Only the way it's been always done.

Deleted
    So many irritating scrotes in this thread. You don't have to pay any money outside the purchase cost. At all. Ever. I won't be, I'll get whatever I need by leveling. If someone else wants to buy the cosmetics quicker THAT'S THEIR BUSINESS and doesn't affect you AT ALL in the slightest. So quit being such jealous little bitches and fuck off out of this forum, since you have made it quite clear you won't be playing anyway.

There's nothing here for you. Leave. Especially you 'King'. You're a miserable little turd in every thread I've seen you in.

Wow. You still keep ignoring the fucking point. Gonna ignore you now then. Keep on shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Expansions? Wow, that wasn't so hard to figure out, was it. Only the way it's been always done.
    Point proven. Using shill as a harassment method because someone has a different opinion to you. Although this is coming from the guy who thinks he knows why wow is dying.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    You are either being heavily ignorant or you are a blizzard shill. The game is intentionally designed in a way where unlocking things will take a lot of time, so that people will have a reason to spend real money. It can't be too easy or too quick to unlock or else nobody would have a reason to pay for it with real money. There is no excuse for this.

- - - Updated - - -

How about making things so easy and quick to unlock that nobody would even think about spending real money? Oh wait, that means Blizzard gets less money, out of a game that people need to buy to play in the first place. Try again Blizzard shill.
    Make it so quick and easy that no body wants to spend money?
    You mean take away every bit of replay-ability for everyone that wants to spend time on a game?

And i was waiting for you to start your name calling as people like you can never help your self.
    I am far from a Blizzard "shill" though as I play 1 game made by them at the moment and that is Overwatch which I played a while 4 match this morning.

Good job making your self look stupid though. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Blizzard that it's 40 euros = 40$! these don't hold the same fucking value...... fucking hell
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

So I don't see why selling DLC that would most likely be required to play the game is better than selling optional cosmetic items?
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    So I don't see why selling DLC that would most likely be required to play the game is better than selling optional cosmetic items?
    Because the optional cosmetic items already exist and should be part of the fee that was just payed for the game. Expansions are for stuff that gets developed in the future. And even there the price has to fit the amount of content.

- - - Updated - - -

harassment method
    lol
    harassment
    my sides

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the optional cosmetic items already exist and should be part of the fee that was just payed for the game. Expansions are for stuff that gets developed in the future. And even there the price has to fit the amount of content.
    They are in the game free. You're just paying to get it sooner rather than later. The payment is to remove the grind, which is a completely different monster from being gated out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the cosmetic items are a part of the fee, they're all available to obtain without spending money on boxes. If all skins were available for everyone without having to do anything to earn them then a huge chunk of players would stop playing after a few hours since there's no progression towards anything (loot boxes)