Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Tennisace, the stalwart defender of women.
    As long as they aren't fat.
    Why should I defend those who refuse to help themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Get real there chap. Nobody blows me out of the water.
    And point proven.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see the difference between someone letting themselves get that obese and someone who smokes or is an alcoholic. They're all killing themselves, but since they enjoy doing it, they don't want to give it up. They don't have a problem, everyone else has a problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tennisgod is right.

I think this is one of the rare threads where we see Tennis for who he really is, and I couldn't agree more with him.

Tennis, what are your thoughts on Arnold? Peak human being, y/y?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Because fat acceptance is a much more vocal group so there is more to discuss about it. That and pro-fat groups think that "thinspiration" is pro-anorexia when it's just pro-not being a tubbers
    Yeah, but like, even IF you talk about/discuss it - no one outside of the Pro-Ana community would ever think that it should be encouraged. Just like no one would go up to an anorexic person and say "Hey, don't change - be proud of who you are!"
    And yet for some reason, something like that is what happens by pushing models like Tes publicly (just in the opposite direction).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    This is why we needed FPH
    yeah FPH was great, was such a fun sub, cant believe they banned it

Everyone should do their best to stay in shape for many reasons. This fat acceptance stuff does nothing but promote an unhealthy lifestyle. Its because people are addicted to food, its made by scientists to make you addicted to to it. To miss it, to crave it. Its hard to not eat all of the stupid shit that makes you a fat ass like Tess Holiday but promoting her and her fat ass lifestyle is nothing more than just throwing in the towel. Im tired of seeing her, she doesnt deserve the publicity. There is nothing 'powerful' or 'brave' of her taking pictures and having them photo-shopped for other fat asses to say, he look, Tess is fat and she looks ok. This wrong.

I could drown in those panties if she came

You shouldn't need to put them down either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You shouldn't need to put them down either.
    Well that's where the argument lies, isn't it? If they are so content being MORBIDLY obese like Tess and shrug off the opinions of medical professionals that basically say "hey lose weight or die," at a certain point shouldn't someone put them down verbally? Fat acceptance people are the equivalent to anti-vaccers imo, except they are a danger to themselves instead of children. Well maybe children, if they fall on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah, but like, even IF you talk about/discuss it - no one outside of the Pro-Ana community would ever think that it should be encouraged. Just like no one would go up to an anorexic person and say "Hey, don't change - be proud of who you are!"
    And yet for some reason, something like that is what happens by pushing models like Tes publicly (just in the opposite direction).
    Ah I see your point now, agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    For one, our standards on fitness have dropped significantly in the latest few hundred years. Even what we consider fit, by ancient standards (I mean tribal times), is, for the most part, pretty lousy and would make the person look almost disabled, compared to others, at that time - and, since the nature built us for living in those times, it is hard to predict what our increasingly dropping standards are going to lead to in the end. Let's hope science can give us strong healthy bodies back without having to hunt on our feet again.
    You bring up a good point; obesity is a disability so are they endorsing a fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Well that's where the argument lies, isn't it? If they are so content being MORBIDLY obese like Tess and shrug off the opinions of medical professionals that basically say "hey lose weight or die," at a certain point shouldn't someone put them down verbally? Fat acceptance people are the equivalent to anti-vaccers imo, except they are a danger to themselves instead of children. Well maybe children, if they fall on them.
    I'm sorry, but when, if ever, has insulting people actually gotten them to change their life style? Sure, there's some people who might, but in this case? Insulting them is just giving them more power. If no one cared about Tess being fat, this wouldn't be a thing.

I'm sorry, but when, if ever, has insulting people actually gotten them to change their life style? Sure, there's some people who might, but in this case? Insulting them is just giving them more power. If no one cared about Tess being fat, this wouldn't be a thing.
    You aren't wrong. It's a tough issue. They ignore medical advice and if you yell at them and call them fat retards that are killing themselves, it empowers them. Catch-222lbs

What would be more effective is ignoring or excluding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont see why Facebook buckled on this issue. Obese isn't healthy, and so if they have a thing stating 'ads promoting unhealthy bodies isnt allowed', then its only right to remove her ad regardless of her feelings.

Well done FB, good work, keep it up.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The thing is, some people genuinely think that obese people aren't found as attractive as fit people, in general, due to discrimination. In reality, while it might be a factor, it is not the only one, and probably not even a significant one.

I personally do not care much about people's physical attractiveness, it is the personality that wins me over. My best university friend is obese, for example, so it is hard to accuse me in discrimination. But I would lie to say that I don't find a fit body more attractive than an overweight one. Doesn't mean an obese person can't be attractive, but it does mean that embracing one's body won't magically make everyone embrace it as well.
    I totally agree with you. One of my best friends in high school was morbidly obese....and not because of eating problems...but because of a thyroid problem which the doctors had been trying to calm for years. Do you think she wanted to be obese? No. Did that stop people from mocking her daily, throwing food at her, making pig noises? No.....people are horrible cruel beings and when they group up they're a thousand times worse. So what if she had a weight problem? She was the kindest, most generous person I have ever met...with a heart of gold and smile to match it. I will always treasure her friendship, she was one in a million. I lost touch with her many years ago but I wish her nothing but the best and just hope people have looked past the outside and into the inside

A few things:

1.) There is no such thing as "fat and healthy". Those are mutually exclusive terms. Fat is unhealthy. The extra wear and tear on your joints and body parts is unhealthy.

2.) The model chosen was VERY overweight. She was not your depiction of "a few extra pounds". In fact the only reason that model gets a pass is because she doesn't put fat on her face and instead stashes it everywhere else (genetics).

3.) There are plenty of "chubby" or "a few extra lb" models they could have chosen. Look up full body pictures of Tess Holliday. That is not a healthy body.

4.) You shouldn't be prideful of being fat. You should be borderline embarrassed. What should NOT happen is people attack you and name call you though. The difference between these two is based on the self and the desire to improve oneself. You should not be bullied for being fat though.

Let's tell fat people it's ok to be fat and promote body positivity because .... why exactly? I don't get it :/