Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CursedVision View Post
    Unless i can clearly see the origin of that item, i'm gonna call bullshit on that one. Mythic nighthold tier is currently @ 905 ilvl which would make it a 55 ilvl difference between 2 raids of the same tier. It's most likely some random shit loot from mythic dungeons.

Secondly, you got a new season whenever there is a major content patch aka new raid, so you're wrong there as well.
    He's comparing the first raid out of two raids in the first tier with the entire season.

I don't know why he's doing that. Your numbers are correct, PVE > PVP.

As the new pvp system no longer requires pvp token to purchase gear, would this make it difficult to buy older PVP gear (for transmog)? Seeing that it maybe possible for lower participation in older RBGs as it no longer rewards you to get current gear?

Would the older PVP gear be available for purchase using gold instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Blizzard have stated they want more seasons than tiers and Nighthold doesn't release until at least 4 months after release. Emerald Nightmare gear is what Matters. Emerald Nightmare gear is what I linked.
    And here i found your item displayed as 850 in all 4 difficulties. Just scroll down a bit.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=252354.2...id-testing-4-1

Like i said, im calling huge bullshit on that one.

Dunno where you heard about more seasons per content patch, personally it's the first time i hear it, but even if it were true the items of the second season should be in the game files like all the rest of them are. (be it from both raid, quest halls etc)

^^ Yup, that item (and all other items on the page) is just 850 in all modes. Which means it's only 850 in something like normal. (Or LFR??? That'd be hilarious.)

Deleted
    Imagine lfr giving gear 40 ilvls above BGs lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    He's comparing the first raid out of two raids in the first tier with the entire season.

I don't know why he's doing that. Your numbers are correct, PVE > PVP.
    Maybe the reason is simply that this is the gear that is available at start of new expansion(Well in few weeks)?
    Probably will get second raid same time as 7.1 patch as it was with WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Maybe the reason is simply that this is the gear that is available at start of new expansion(Well in few weeks)?
    Probably will get second raid same time as 7.1 patch as it was with WoD
    It's even simpler, the item he linked is incomplete, it shows same ilvl for all difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

I can predict fanboy reaction right now: "it's just 4%".

The difference between basic crap and the best gear is going to be 10% in legion.

The last time people were running around in all different grades of gear was BC and the difference between crap and the best gear was far far more then 10%.
    I think you'll be fine.

And here i found your item displayed as 850 in all 4 difficulties. Just scroll down a bit.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=252354.2...id-testing-4-1

Like i said, im calling huge bullshit on that one.

Dunno where you heard about more seasons per content patch, personally it's the first time i hear it, but even if it were true the items of the second season should be in the game files like all the rest of them are. (be it from both raid, quest halls etc)
    Ye the item is incomplete. If I just use WOD calculations it will look something like this:

Emerald Nightmare:

Normal: 860
    Heroic: 875
    Mythic: 890

Nighthold:
    Normal: 875
    Heroic: 890
    Mythic: 905

Sorry about my inaccurate post on the previous page. It wasn't intentional.

If the 870 gear is the best, then Mythic raiders would outgear pvpers by 1.5% for the first 3-4 months of WOD. The other two points I made above still stand. They'll probably release gear with higher Ilvl once Nighthold releases to keep it on point.

EDIT: On the season duration. I remember a vague holinka statement saying they want PVP seasons to last between 20-30 weeks. But they'd like it to be closer to 20 weeks in Legion. 20 weeks is close to the expected release date of The Nighthold.
    (If they use the same timeline as Highmaul -> BRF)
    Trying to find it again. I'll post it if I find it.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-05-25 at 06:26 PM.

No imagination required. That's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No imagination required. That's what it is.
    Exactly.

They are setting themselves up for a big backlash.

Check frontpage. I think that solves most of the issues on the subject.

Quote:
    Hey guys! Just want to correct the basis for this discussion.

Currently, what's going on with the ilvl for gear from rated PvP in Legion is: it's decided dynamically when it's rewarded to you, and that decision is based on your rating.

So while the lowest version of an item may be 870, it will have its ilvl increased to 880, 890, or 900 -- based on your rating.

Endquote.

Lowest version of the elite gear is 870 = normal nighthold / heroic emerald nightmare.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-05-26 at 04:24 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    We pretty much knew all that already. What we need is a clear statement on the rating brackets for respective ilvls. The blue post looks like he is using random numbers just to make an example. His next post also confirms that they havent made any decision about ilvls yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Check frontpage. I think that solves most of the issues on the subject.

Quote:
    Hey guys! Just want to correct the basis for this discussion.

Currently, what's going on with the ilvl for gear from rated PvP in Legion is: it's decided dynamically when it's rewarded to you, and that decision is based on your rating.

So while the lowest version of an item may be 870, it will have its ilvl increased to 880, 890, or 900 -- based on your rating.

Endquote.

Lowest version of the elite gear is 870 = normal nighthold / heroic emerald nightmare.
    The last phrase is there to illustrate that the ilvl varies based on rating, unless they specifically confirm that 870 is the lowest version of the elite gear (and ideally mention what the highest version is), you have no basis for your take-away that it is - note the words "may be".

You are way too hasty to assume things.

That 870 is for the Elite gear. So, the basis for the Elite gear is 870 and will scale depending on your rating.

Considering Elite gear is something that like 4-5% of people will ever see, and requires rated play, this is meaningless.

as a Casual PvPer, my best way to get PvP gear is to go PuG a heroic raid.

that's absolutely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The last phrase is there to illustrate that the ilvl varies based on rating, unless they specifically confirm that 870 is the lowest version of the elite gear (and ideally mention what the highest version is), you have no basis for your take-away that it is - note the words "may be".

You are way too hasty to assume things.
    "So while the lowest version of an item may be 870, it will have its ilvl increased to 880, 890, or 900 -- based on your rating."

Isn't that confirming it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was going to say something...now if this makes it to live then the OP may be right...normal raiding gear stronger than elite pvp gear...that would be total BS. That would put LFR around the same level then...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    "So while the lowest version of an item may be 870, it will have its ilvl increased to 880, 890, or 900 -- based on your rating."

Isn't that confirming it?
    Depends on how much it scales...seems silly that the best gear for pvp would be raiding gear unless you're part of a elite pvp group.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    We pretty much knew all that already. What we need is a clear statement on the rating brackets for respective ilvls. The blue post looks like he is using random numbers just to make an example. His next post also confirms that they havent made any decision about ilvls yet.
    My guess, and its me purely guessing, the 900 ilvl pvp elite gear will about at Glad lvl cut off, since blizzard stated somewhere that they want Gladiators and Mythic raiders to have an advantage/higher ilvl gear than the rest of ppl. So lets say 870 ilvl pvp elite maybe be 2.2k and 900 is 2650cr then it follows 880 ilvl is 2350 and 890 ilvl is 2500. Ofc it may differ, but then it raises another concern: what about RBGs? since it is easier to get higher CR in Arena than RBGs, so does it mean that RBGs will have different cr requirements (which i highly doubt) for pvp elite gear @900 ilvl otherwise, RBGers will be even in more dire position than Arena players, if they want to get 900ilvl pvp gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I was going to say something...now if this makes it to live then the OP may be right...normal raiding gear stronger than elite pvp gear...that would be total BS. That would put LFR around the same level then...

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how much it scales...seems silly that the best gear for pvp would be raiding gear unless you're part of a elite pvp group.
    I also find it silly, i think 900ilvl pvp gear should be available at 2400 and 870 at 2200 for Arena, and for RBGs 2200 and 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    That 870 is for the Elite gear. So, the basis for the Elite gear is 870 and will scale depending on your rating.

Considering Elite gear is something that like 4-5% of people will ever see, and requires rated play, this is meaningless.

as a Casual PvPer, my best way to get PvP gear is to go PuG a heroic raid.

that's absolutely retarded.
    Then first you have to be good enough to pug a heroic raid.
    Did you pug BRF when it was current? I don't assume you did. You wouldn't think pugging a heroic to be a cakewalk.
    Don't think of pugging HFC in current conditions to be the same as what you'll have on Legion launch.

If you're good enough to do mythic, you get mythic gear.
    If you're good enough to have 2400 or higher CR you get mythic equivalent gear.
    I think it's about the same percentage of the participating playerbase.

A normal raider shouldn't get the same rewards as a mythic raider.
    A casual pvp'er shouldn't get the same rewards as a gladiator.

I wouldn't have though this to be a controversial idea.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-05-26 at 10:50 PM.