Warcraft Movie, Road to BlizzCon, Legion Transmog, Blue Posts, Prot Warrior Preview

Week 1 Beta Keys: Winners have been selected, check the status page to see if you won.

Demon Hunter Cosplay by Kadiaa

June 2016 Season Begins - Zul'Drak, Start off the new Season with Top Decks!

Hero Rotation & Weekly Sales - May 31st, Heroes Funny & WP Moments #68

McCree & D.Va on the Balance Radar, New Brawl, Highlights Video Export, The OverView #16

Warcraft Movie - Director's Vision
    Another video was released today..

Road to BlizzCon 2016 Rules Clarification
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In our latest Road to BlizzCon blog, we announced that we’ve further updated the rules for this year’s Arena tournament series based on everyone’s feedback on our original rules update. After further discussion, we’ve decided that once a team has qualified for Regionals, they will no longer be eligible to compete in additional qualifiers.

There were also some concerns raised over the ability for teams to swap out a member from their roster after qualifying. We discussed the possibility of changing this rule for North America, but felt that it would still be necessary for teams coming from other regions in the event that any of their team members have issues acquiring a visa to enter the United States for BlizzCon. As a result, we felt it would be unfair to only apply that restriction to North American teams, so that rule will remain.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback on this year’s Road to BlizzCon, and we’re looking forward to kicking things off this June.

The North American 2016 Road to BlizzCon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The 2016 World of Warcraft Arena World Championship is about to kick off—and for teams across North America, the battle begins in just a few weeks.

This year, we’re pleased to announce that we’re partnering with Major League Gaming to produce the entire North American Road to BlizzCon, including all three qualifier cups. Over the years, MLG has played a major role in World of Warcraft’s development as an esport, and it’s exciting to be working with them once again.

Additionally, the fine folks from GCDTV will be joining us again, working behind the scenes with MLG to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

North America Online Qualifiers & Sign-ups
    The battle begins with three online qualifier cups, starting in mid-June, each with their own $6000 prize pool (see our previous announcement for more details). You’ll be able to catch them all live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft and MLG.tv beginning with the Round of 8, with the following schedule:

• Cup 1: June 18
    • Cup 2: July 2
    • Cup 3: July 16

Sign-ups for the qualifiers are now open! If you’re interested in competing, head over to the official MLG website.

Note to competitors: games played prior to the Round of 8 will be played in the days leading up to the broadcast.

Americas Regionals
    The top two teams from each qualifier cup (six teams in total) will move on to the Americas Regionals, where they’ll be joined by two other teams: one from Latin America, and one from Australia and New Zealand. This year’s Regionals will be held at the MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio on October 8 and 9. Once again, our eight competitors will be fighting for their share of a $100,000 prize pool and one of three coveted spots in the Arena World Championship finals at BlizzCon 2016.

Rules Update
    We’ve heard a ton of community feedback on the 2016 changes to the Road to BlizzCon rules we laid out in our previous blog. We’ve been listening to your feedback and have decided to change a rule: Teams who qualify for a Regional will no longer be eligible from participating in additional qualifiers. This is consistent with previous years rules and will open up additional slots to competition.

The complete official rules are available here — for even more information on this year’s rules, read our forum update.

We can’t wait to see what path this year’s Road to BlizzCon takes, and hope you’ll join us when the qualifiers begin in June!

Legion Transmog System Test Requests
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Armor Type Changes
    Do you have Transmog items you’ve been holding onto for a very long time? Are you a Hunter, Shaman, Warrior or Paladin? In order to streamline leveling we made a change to armor proficiencies:

Hunters and Shaman can now equip Mail armor from level 1 (down from level 40).
    Warriors and Paladins can now equip Plate armor from level 1 (down from level 40).

In order to facilitate this we’ve also changed some lower level items from Leather to Mail, and some Mail Items to Plate, to match their intended class at those levels.

Example:
    Pre-Legion: A Level 30 Mail Chestpiece drops from a dungeon that has Strength on it (intended for Paladins or Warriors)
    Legion: That same Chestpiece would be plate, since Warriors and Paladins use Plate starting at level 1.

While we think this change is positive for the game and for new characters, this could lead to some appearances being un-transmoggable for these classes. We’d like some help in identifying changed items that were once Leather or Mail, and there are no other items with a similar appearance or color shift for their original armor type. We’re also looking for items that can no longer be obtained in Legion, but have a unique appearance that cannot be found anywhere else in the game.

Basically, if an item you have has been converted to another armor type and there’s no other item like it, let us know below. Even if it’s not a bug, we’ll see if it’s something we can add in the future.

Does this mean we can make level 1's on beta server now?
    At the moment, no, you'll still be at level 100. is there anything specific that you wouldn't be able to test at 100?

To be able to properly test this I would need to be able to do character copies to track items that are and are not plate. I have a variety of mail items amongst my characters (such as the scarlet set, and quest rewards from both pre cata and post cata) that would be needed for testing in this.

Does this mean we will get character copies to help us facilitate this?

Agreed that this testing would be helped by Character Copy from live. I was just curious if I was missing something that would be easier with enabling level 1 character creation again. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Unobtainable Appearances
    As you may have seen in-game, the new Transmogrification Collection (the appearance tab) displays appearances not only for items/appearances you already own, but also all of the ones you haven’t collected yet. However, if you haven’t collected an item, and it can no longer be obtained (such as rewards from quests that have been removed, or limited time items), it shouldn’t show up in the window, since you’d never able to “fill in” that spot in the collection.

That said, there’s a lot of items in WoW, and we could use your help making sure we got things right! If you happen to notice an item in the Appearance Collection tab that players can no longer obtain, let us know by posting below. Specific item names or links to database sites are preferred.

Basically, if an unobtainable item is displayed in the collection window and you don’t have it already, it’s a bug, and we need to know what that item is in order to be able to fix it. (Note that if you have an item, it should be displayed in the Appearances collection even if it’s no longer obtainable.)

Actually some of this testing is really only doable *without* character copies. If you copy over your priest who had a lot of unobtainable items, they'd show up in the appearance tab, which is fine because you already have them. But if those same items showed up for somebody else, who didn't have them, that would be a bug.

We've caught a lot of those but there's undoubtedly more out there.

Need character copy, I have a lot of unobtainable gear, T3, old vanilla items etc
    For the purposes of this testing, you'd need to test that gear like that *doesn't* show up before your copy comes over. Because once you've copied that stuff is stored on your Beta account forever, even if you delete the copied character.

I mean there's definitely value in making sure that items such as your old T3 work properly in the new system, I totally get that. This is just us pointing out testing that could be done today, even without character copy. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting Questions
    No change has been made to base movement speed in... ever? As far as I know, it's been 7yd/sec for the entirety of WoW's lifespan. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World Quest Rewards and Loot Spec
    Rewards from world quests should not change based on your spec. We don't want you to feel like you need to look at the map to figure out what you want, respec, then look at the map again to see what changed.

If a world quest reward is changing its state while active for your character in any way other than item level going up, it is a bug. Please let us know which quests you're seeing this behavior on.

edit: I found some in Suramar that were misbehaving; this will be fixed in the near future. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Overly-Chatty Bodyguards.
    We will be adding throttles to these overly chatty bodyguards to ensure they don't talk quite as much. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Just curious, are the people on stage at Blizzcon for example actually programmers or just the idea guys?
    Very few studios employ someone just as an idea guy. Even designers have to do work at the keyboard. (OccupyGStreet)
    I'd definitely like being an 'idea guy', what do you 'do at your keyboard', Greg?
    Design docs, scripting, hooking up art, changing data tables. A lot of email of course. (OccupyGStreet)
    I'd ask about those things in greater detail but that would be a bit much outside of DMs, etc. What sort of scripting?
    A lot of mechanics design on WoW and LoL (and doubtless many games) are scripted. (OccupyGStreet)
    If you want to boost damage or damage coefficients, you can do that in an editor. (OccupyGStreet)
    If you want to special case anything (e.g. bonus damage, set bonuses, weird interactions) you script in a language like lua. (OccupyGStreet)
    Design isn't telling engineers how things should be. (OccupyGStreet)
    It is trying to get shit to work and then going to engineers for help when you can't make it work. (OccupyGStreet)

Final Boss - Protection Warrior Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-06-01 at 01:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Poor Duncan - I think he`s a great director. I just think he made a mistake by picking this project up. I`d much rather see him make a Moon Knight adaptation or a stand-alone Star Wars movie.
    Last edited by Paklaaji; 2016-06-01 at 01:33 PM.

Week 1 Beta Keys: Winners have been selected, check the status page to see if you won.
    The link is same if i log in or not. What is the logic behind this then?

"Stand alone Star Wars movie"

Talk about mass stupidity on steroid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    "Stand alone Star Wars movie"

Talk about mass stupidity on steroid.
    What do you mean? Rogue One for example is a stand-alone.

Filming the director that's filming the filming of Warcraft. Now that's some inception levels right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taene View Post
    The link is same if i log in or not. What is the logic behind this then?
    The status page shows you your status if you are logged in. The link doesn't need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    I have little reason to watch it. They are re-shooting entire movie, right now!

"This is a rebellion, I rebel"

Who the fuk wants to see this cra..p.

15+ Year Old Account

Horde

Poor Duncan - I think he`s a great director. I just think he made a mistake by picking this project up. I`d much rather see him make a Moon Knight adaptation or a stand-alone Star Wars movie.
    This movie was great. It wasn't a mistake. Actors are marvelous, I loved the acting. Directing was a fantastic job. I had laughs, I had sadness, I had all sorts of emotions. I was amazed, the CGI was damn good. I could see the actors "inside" them. Not just a rubber mess.

I wanted to list all the good actors and their characters to say they were wonderful, but realised I listed all of them.

I knew the lore, I know where they changed it (not really badly), it was good to see this way. Yeah, not the movie of the century, still... didn't had such a good experience with a movie since years.

I honestly don't know why do people judge it this harshly, even without seeing it first. Also he followed his passion too. People should do this and they would
    be less miserable.

Lok'tar Ogar, my friend. Don't be so harsh.

7+ Year Old Account

That`s entirely on Disney`s coke-snorting executives. Apparently it has too much war and too much darkness in it.

Still, it`s a stand-alone. And I think Duncan Jones could make a solid Star Wars or Marvel movie.
    But I doubt this experience will get him pumped for another big blockbuster movie, especially in which the studio has a lot of say in.

Deleted
    Nope, it's Star Wars ep 3,5 or a prequel to ep 4. Whichever you prefer.

The movie is not bad at all. I think the projected profits for this in the Us is a hilarious joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW summer sale link works but no codes are available on Amazon, just a small notice.

bikini "mail" jsut got nerfed for Shamans and hunters cause that will be motly plate

Incomming riot from RPers

Deleted
    but the warcraft movie was great

Deleted
    Watched warcraft movie 2day , it was great , epic . Just go watch it , you will love it !!!!
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2016-06-01 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    June 10th can't come soon enough . AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    The WoW summer sale link works but no codes are available on Amazon, just a small notice.
    Got my code instantly...