Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So we've gone from amphitheater to library, to forest to tavern....and somehow I killed him in the amphitheater, not buying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    In the unlikely event that you flip town, Arialla, rest assured that if I don't die (again) tonight I will almost certainly be lynched tomorrow.

Also, I'm reminded very much of the time you made a slip in the 'Mirror Mirror' game a while back. You know, when you claimed to be a Jail Keeper with the ability yo jail yourself when you were, in fact, a scum role blocker. Here's a neat post for context:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34268053

You have a habit of lashing out and being very aggressive when caught out unexpectedly.
    Because the reason for lynching me that game was absolute baloney, I "slipped" about the game comp when it was in the fucking opening thread. and no, I'm fucking sick of being lynched for bullshit reasons. Thats why I snap, and who gives a fuck about past games, I could find shit on you in one of them too I bet.

You're being an asshat.

Before we go further then.
    @Largehorn what did you do last night?

@Arialla: I'm not trying to be an 'asshat'. I'm providing additional information to justify my read on you. If you want to go through former games and do the same thing then go ahead - I welcome it, in fact. Ultimately, though, you're the main person of interest for today and had I not returned from the living I have no doubt that the people defending you would have pushed a lynch on Largehorn more heavily. They still might succeed at doing so, of course, but the reasons for lynching him over you are rather lacking as far as I'm concerned.

Please let's avoid the insults though. I'm trying my hardest to stick this game out until the end and I could have just not chosen to revive myself and left it at that.

Bringing up past games is being an asshat. Sorry. Especially one when I was coming off games and games of being killed early, someone said I slipped over game comp and then used that crap to vote on me, so yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if Graeham has a jester win con, he seems keen on being lynched, or at least he brings it up whenever possible.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Bringing up past games is being an asshat.
    Really? It was actually bringing up old games that stopped me from voting you before in some. Under that logic, I should've forgotten your prior acts of credibility and had lynched you right then and there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    I'm wondering if Graeham has a jester win con, he seems keen on being lynched, or at least he brings it up whenever possible.
    I don't. I wanted to be lynched early on because I reacted badly to my frustration towards various factors that I don't want to bring up again for fear of derailing the thread. I'm happy to soak a lynch tomorrow, though, if I'm wrong about Arialla. This also isn't the first game where I've expressed a desire to be lynched if I'm wrong about something I have as a very strong read.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    The thing is though Blood says that all the time and then comes in hard a day or so later, I didn't really get a chance to read yesterday's day till after night fell but I'm a little disappointed in that train. I thought it was based on something bit more substantial.
    It's been a while since I've played with Fox, and maybe I'm a little biased because I was the target of his (imo kind of half-assed) insult-posts, but I don't feel bad that he got lynched for barely showing up and contributing nothing when he did.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

As an aside, a 'Jester' role with the ability to bring themselves back to life after being killed would be pretty bizarre and unbalanced.

Still, no one is willing to discuss where we keep bouncing around?

My suspicion is the burst of light thing might be a illusion too

7+ Year Old Account
    Now I feel silly for suggesting it.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Apologies for the tardiness. Clearly I bombed my initiative roll.

Day Four - Post #791
    • 7 - Arialla: Kryllian (#693), Senna (#701), Graeham (#742), Largehorn (#745), Valyrian (#753), Catta (#754), Allowyn (#764)
    • 5 - Largehorn: Xanjori (#698), Dendrek (#700), Monkz (#707), Crackleslap (#728), Anakso (#770)
    • 1 - Valyrian: Razamith (#718)
    • 1 - Graeham: Virothe (#774)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a majority.
    With 14 votes cast, 8 votes are required for deadline majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arialla was seen killing dupti last night. It's something hard to argue against, as the only defences that can be mounted are either that she was framed, or that the morning message where it was shown is completely misleading. She steadfastly denies killing him, which is to be expected no matter what her role may be.

Some think that Blood Fox was a lynch protecting Largehorn, which is entirely possible.

Personally, I think that we should go after Arialla today. Being seen killing somebody is just too damning in my eyes. If it turns out we're wrong, we can lynch Large tomorrow. Or even if it turns out we're right we can do that. I don't see why one being scum (or not scum) would have anything to do with the other's alignment today. If we lynch Largehorn first, I highly doubt we'd choose not to lynch Arialla as it doesn't change anything about being seen killing dupti.

Vote: Arialla

Alternately, if we wanted to flip the order and go Large then Arialla, it doesn't make much difference to me at this point.

On a different topic...Graeham. He has implied that the revival was his own doing. I don't know what to think of it. It's not the first time I've seen a mechanic like this. Not sure what to really make of it, to be honest. There's all sorts of weird stuff this game.

Vote Largehorn

- - - Updated - - -

So like I said, here's my theory. I think the burst of light thing and my "being seen" were illusions, its the only thing that makes sense, and I think they are (obviously) coming from the scum. I'm fairly sure every has some limited abilities and it was thrown out there to make town second guess themselves.

So when you guys lynch me, please go after people who aren't on the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vote:Graeham

knew he would come back from dead, means not dependent on attacker. Cannot think of anything positive where the individual is unable to die in the D&D universe.

There are certain Lycans who have similar properties, but these are never good, they are usually 100% independent leaning third party.
    Lich is my strongest thought for what he is, which could be a scum faction head, could be a third party SK or survivor role (survivor more likely)

Either way, I find it insanely difficult to view Graeham as town.

Deleted
    Sorry for lack of posts - Date night last night - but you guys get me all of Saturday and most of Sunday :-P

1) @Crackleslap if so many people find him suspicious then why isn't he lynched? Unless it's only a couple people who find him suspicious
    2) What is the case against Largehorn? Genuine question here because I haven't been paying attention to him. Prove to me he's suspicious and been lurking and I'll vote with you
    3) as much as I hate to do this I have to defend arialla. The start of day message was blindingly obvious. Which leaves us with a couple of theories
    A) There's a framer
    B) Arialla is a ballsy player who doesn't care if he gets caught making the kill because he can play it off as option a.
    C) Arialla didn't know his kill would be announced to the thread.

I don't see C) being an option as it's to unbalanced towards the player. And I don't consider Arialla a ballsy player by any stretch so I think option A. is most likely. BUT Ariallas behaviour today has me questioning it.

4) While Uggor hasn't been around much I think he makes a very good point with regards to Graeham and this bears investigation

Wow dis thread be active.

I would still like Large to answer my question before I consider changing whom my vote is upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    3) as much as I hate to do this I have to defend arialla. The start of day message was blindingly obvious. Which leaves us with a couple of theories
    A) There's a framer
    B) Arialla is a ballsy player who doesn't care if he gets caught making the kill because he can play it off as option a.
    C) Arialla didn't know his kill would be announced to the thread.

I don't see C) being an option as it's to unbalanced towards the player. And I don't consider Arialla a ballsy player by any stretch so I think option A. is most likely. BUT Ariallas behaviour today has me questioning it.
    Or D) There is someone with the ability to control Arialla to kill someone or E) There is someone with the ability to reveal those visiting a target (just like with dupti)

- - - Updated - - -

You're trying pretty hard to make it out as if there aren't other choices than the ones that result in Arialla being town and ones you present as very unlikely.

Scumdefense much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Or D) There is someone with the ability to control Arialla to kill someone or E) There is someone with the ability to reveal those visiting a target (just like with dupti)

- - - Updated - - -

You're trying pretty hard to make it out as if there aren't other choices than the ones that result in Arialla being town and ones you present as very unlikely.

Scumdefense much?
    Or you know I didn't think of those options...

D) Seems unlikely from my D&D (limited mind!) knowledge but E) is a definite policy possibility

It could also be unique to dupti's death announcing people visiting him that night.

I don't see any other choice than lynching Arialla. If he's town then we know there is someone who can create illusions, if scum we just killed scum who got caught.