Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I am not arguing in favor of lynching Kurenai. I am arguing against your position on going after habitual lurkers because we've allowed them to become habitual lurkers. Don't put words in my mouth.
    I'm not saying don't go after them. I'm saying go after them if they do it in the current game, don't do it when they are proving to be active because all you're doing at that point is allowing for others to get away with it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I'm not saying don't go after them. I'm saying go after them if they do it in the current game, don't do it when they are proving to be active because all you're doing at that point is allowing for others to get away with it >.<
    And as I've said already, there's only a small window where you can really go after lurkers at all. If you base it only on the current game, that window becomes much smaller.

If a habitual lurker suddenly becomes much more active, then I agree we shouldn't go after them for lurking (go after them for other reasons, maybe, but not for lurking). But we also can't wait until we see if a person is going to lurk either (meaning that we ignore them D1). D1 is as good a time as any to go after lurkers, perhaps the best time, really. Even if you can't call them a "lurker" in the current game (since the game hasn't been active long enough to see if they are actually lurking or not), if they are a habitual lurker, then they're fair game imo.

And as I've said already, there's only a small window where you can really go after lurkers at all. If you base it only on the current game, that window becomes much smaller.

If a habitual lurker suddenly becomes much more active, then I agree we shouldn't go after them for lurking (go after them for other reasons, maybe, but not for lurking). But we also can't wait until we see if a person is going to lurk either (meaning that we ignore them D1). D1 is as good a time as any to go after lurkers, perhaps the best time, really. Even if you can't call them a "lurker" in the current game (since the game hasn't been active long enough to see if they are actually lurking or not), if they are a habitual lurker, then they're fair game imo.
    I wanna echo this. Really.. really.. hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A habitual lurker cannot be anything but if he is lynched day 1.

With regards to last game, to blame Kurenai for the lurking, it was damned near half the players, or certainly felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    A habitual lurker cannot be anything but if he is lynched day 1.

With regards to last game, to blame Kurenai for the lurking, it was damned near half the players, or certainly felt that way.
    It's not like we'd lynch the exact same player every day 1. They'd get plenty of chances to prove themselves.

But the issue with that comes in the form of exactly what's happening right now, you're ignoring people who are currently lurking and allowing them to go on and develop that habit in favor of voting for someone else who isn't even lurking currently. You're fighting the Hydra without fire to cauterize each new head so you're just continually going to have two more spawn from it.

If you want to take a hard stance against lurking you need to stop people from doing it currently, not tunnel vision your focus on someone who did it in previous games.

The biggest reason I've basically said "This is pointless" is because the way you're attempting to fight this is. You all want your cake and to eat it too, you all want to stand hard against lurking until you're team members are doing it or until you're doing it. It's fine if it puts you at an advantage right?

You want to stop lurking? You want to play the hero? Fine, then you don't let ANYONE lurk regardless of the disposition it puts you at. But you want to pick and choose because Kure won a certain way. You can't pick and choose and if you do you're just as hypocritical as your current vote is
    Last edited by Virothe; 2016-05-25 at 09:14 PM.

When you say "you" are you actually referring to me? If you are, you are basically talking past me at thin air.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk of lurkers is pointless, we're not lynching a lurker.

unvote
    vote - listo

When you say "you" are you actually referring to me? If you are, you are basically talking past me at thin air.
    I'm saying "you" as a uniformed reference, if you believe it's "you" then maybe it is.

It's just an old writing trick that's meant to draw in the reader more firmly in to the story or the point you're trying to make. The same way as saying "I" or "Me" is supposed to make you picture yourself more firmly in the position of the point of focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh just a point Dendrek, I've come to the conclusion that our argument was more a point of semantics than it was anything else. The reference I was making to in post #226 Was more of just a way to sum up my conclusion on everything. I don't like leaving things half said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we're down to the final 4 hours and change, so it's decision time so we don't no-lynch today. Listo has 8 votes and Kurenai has 7 votes, if I can count correctly. Our resident dragon mod kindly informed us we need 14 votes for majority, and we do not have enough for either majority or modded majority (with if I can count correctly 20 votes that would be 11). So yeah.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

7+ Year Old Account
    All those not on a lead train either need to switch, unvote, or convince the rest of us why your train should stay up at this point.

I'm actually slightly more inclined to vote Kurenai at this point. Not because of last game. Not because he's a "lurker" (he's not; he doesn't post a lot, but he's not a lurker either). But because several players are against his train. That said, voting on him would just tie up the votes again. Since I'm not against voting Listo...

/rolls for scathing insult
    Dendrek rolled a 2.

"Kpop is for girls!"

Dendrek casts
    Vote: Listo

Vote listo

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh jesus christ. Go do other stuff for a bit and come to what 10 votes? Just gonna claim now.

I am a Draconic Mage. I have 3 spell charges that I can use on any of my abilities which are to:
    polymorph a player into a sheep for the 1st 24 hours of the day or until I dispel it
    I can Counterspell to what I assume means to roleblock a spell cast
    I can Web someone to what I assume is roleblock a Melee Ability
    I also have a 1 shot ability that I would prefer not to say. Now with each of those spells I can alter it with Metamagic to either:
    Remain Unseen while I cast said spell - Ninja Action
    Make my spell go through defenses and protections
    Make it ignore redirection and roleblocks
    Or I can use a 2nd spell charge during the night to cast the spell on another player.

Now that means I can either use 1 twinned spell with 1 normal spell or 3 non-twinned spells throughout the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    sigh jesus christ. Go do other stuff for a bit and come to what 10 votes? Just gonna claim now.

I am a draconic mage. I have 3 spell charges that i can use on any of my abilities which are to:
    Polymorph a player into a sheep for the 1st 24 hours of the day or until i dispel it
    i can counterspell to what i assume means to roleblock a spell cast
    i can web someone to what i assume is roleblock a melee ability
    i also have a 1 shot ability that i would prefer not to say. Now with each of those spells i can alter it with metamagic to either:
    Remain unseen while i cast said spell - ninja action
    make my spell go through defenses and protections
    make it ignore redirection and roleblocks
    or i can use a 2nd spell charge during the night to cast the spell on another player.

Now that means i can either use 1 twinned spell with 1 normal spell or 3 non-twinned spells throughout the entire game.
    he admitted he does black magic! Hurry kill him before it's to late!

I don't understand why you would be able to hide yourself if you were town......

I'm sorry I don't buy hiding actions from town, imo that would be a scum or serial killers ability.

unvote
    Vote Listo

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the issue here is my magic and not the fact that I'm a fucking walking and talking dragon thing? (has no clue what Draconic is since I have 0 clue of this theme!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    I don't understand why you would be able to hide yourself if you were town......

I'm sorry I don't buy hiding actions from town, imo that would be a scum or serial killers ability.

unvote
    Vote Listo
    You clearly didn't read it. I can CHOOSE to hide an action. Hell I probably wouldn't use actions that often since I only get 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the issue here is my magic and not the fact that I'm a fucking walking and talking dragon thing? (has no clue what Draconic is since I have 0 clue of this theme!)
    Hah, I was totally going to point out the Draconic thing.

Amusingly, that reveal, even if true, doesn't preclude you from being scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Hah, I was totally going to point out the Draconic thing.

Amusingly, that reveal, even if true, doesn't preclude you from being scum.
    Is there ANYTHING that can help show someone is scum based on their claim? I have no knowledge of this universe. The only thing I would gain of a lie is to fake being town and even then I would find someway to fuck up in this theme.

Sigh jesus christ. Go do other stuff for a bit and come to what 10 votes? Just gonna claim now.

I am a Draconic Mage. I have 3 spell charges that I can use on any of my abilities which are to:
    polymorph a player into a sheep for the 1st 24 hours of the day or until I dispel it
    I can Counterspell to what I assume means to roleblock a spell cast
    I can Web someone to what I assume is roleblock a Melee Ability

I also have a 1 shot ability that I would prefer not to say. Now with each of those spells I can alter it with Metamagic to either:
    Remain Unseen while I cast said spell - Ninja Action
    Make my spell go through defenses and protections
    Make it ignore redirection and roleblocks
    Or I can use a 2nd spell charge during the night to cast the spell on another player.

Now that means I can either use 1 twinned spell with 1 normal spell or 3 non-twinned spells throughout the entire game.
    Assume? What does your rolecard say? There's no way it says you can cast 'Counterspell' and 'Web' without actually explaining either of those things.