Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Who did Rixis vote, before Listo?
    He was on Anakso, due to the perceiving the push on Kurenai as being hypocritical. He also voted on Catta but was a joke vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna push on someone who was on thr listo train but i havr to reread first.

Didnt get to chime in on the later half of yesterdays talk. I woke up when day ended. ;( (on phone)

15+ Year Old Account
    FOS everyone who said "Hiding your abilities is never town, neither is silencing someone" ---- Cause scum never have trackers or a way to see actions, or maybe having a town tracker out a TPR could be a fucking problem, so hiding your action could prevent a stupid tracker from being stupid and outing TPRs like they always do

10+ Year Old Account
    With a heavy heart, and misty eyes, Allowyn bowed her head murmuring a prayer for the poor bard's soul so that it may rest easier in this forsaken place. The accompaniment from Dendrek was a fitting tribute. Idly it occurred to her what would happen to the body, and resolved to give the man a proper funeral at the next available opportunity. But first.

The half elf squared her jaw and turned to face the group. ”It was most unfortunate that the most talented of the group are being targeted first. If only they had come for me, I would have been able to leave marks denouncing my attacker, if not defeating them entirely.”

See. These are interesting points.

• A gibbering orblet was observed chattering to itself as it hovered near the tunnel to Uggor's room.
    • A pseudodragon was spotted flitting around in the air near Dupti.
    Is that giving us clues as to who saw what, and who did what? Like is that an obvious point for an investigator saying they looked at one of those two or is it something roleblocky?

(I think the most fun part of the game for me is gonna be working out the stuff that Reti slips in for us. I also think it may help lead us to people who are scum if we read it right.)

((I SHOULDN'T BE POSTING I'M AT WORK DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM ME))

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    FOS everyone who said "Hiding your abilities is never town, neither is silencing someone"
    When is the last time you saw a town role with those kinds of abilities? Hiding your abilities could be town. We've never seen it before (that I know of), so it's borderline. Because you're right, you might want to avoid a scum tracker or a town tracker outting you. (Although his abilities weren't strong enough that it would even matter if he was outted.) But silencing someone? Why would you silence someone? Unless someone has a day-action, how could that ever possibly benefit town?

Thinking someone is scum for assuming Listo's role was a scum role is insane to me. It's even worse because you think scum would put themselves out there to get a lynch on such a seemingly weak TPR. Why? If Listo was telling the truth about his role, he had a few charges for role-block abilities. And the fact his blocks were either "melee" or "magic" (if we ignore the polymorph) means that even if he did choose the right person to block at night, he might still choose the wrong ability and not succeed in blocking them. So what's the benefit in pushing a weak town power role? He's also not a player that's particularly threatening to scum. He very rarely pushes or scum hunts.

So please, tell me, what was the benefit of pushing Listo as scum?

The only possibility that makes sense to me is if they were protecting Kurenai. I suppose that's possible, if Kurenai's scum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    When is the last time you saw a town role with those kinds of abilities? Hiding your abilities could be town. We've never seen it before (that I know of), so it's borderline. Because you're right, you might want to avoid a scum tracker or a town tracker outting you. (Although his abilities weren't strong enough that it would even matter if he was outted.) But silencing someone? Why would you silence someone? Unless someone has a day-action, how could that ever possibly benefit town?

Thinking someone is scum for assuming Listo's role was a scum role is insane to me. It's even worse because you think scum would put themselves out there to get a lynch on such a seemingly weak TPR. Why? If Listo was telling the truth about his role, he had a few charges for role-block abilities. And the fact his blocks were either "melee" or "magic" (if we ignore the polymorph) means that even if he did choose the right person to block at night, he might still choose the wrong ability and not succeed in blocking them. So what's the benefit in pushing a weak town power role? He's also not a player that's particularly threatening to scum. He very rarely pushes or scum hunts.

So please, tell me, what was the benefit of pushing Listo as scum?

The only possibility that makes sense to me is if they were protecting Kurenai. I suppose that's possible, if Kurenai's scum.
    OMG it's like the last line you finally took a breath from your crusade defense and had a thought that made some sense.

The benefit of pushing Listo is people won't think twice because of the "weird role" and the "anti-town role" and "There's NO WAY HE WAS TOWN". If you had a half brain, and know how Listo plays, you knew he was town the minute he claimed.

The votes were spread just right so there was almost no-lynch, which would have been EVEN BETTER for scum because they could take another day to push the train on suspicious Listo and get away with it, depriving town of even more info.

Adding an FOS onto anyone not voting for Listo or Kurenai.

Few notes before I go to bed:
    - Listo was lynched by modified majority by one vote (13 to 12). Of course that means we have to consider some of the later votes ensuring lynch on townie (or could equally be ensuring a lynch succeeded for info), unvotes [didn't see any]/non-votes [val on ret] (or also could be ensuring lynch occurred for info), and the entire train since scum on it earlier would have needed to stay on or risk biting their nails if the lynch succeeded if they dropped/switched. However some of the points may be moot if kur is town and scum didn't care if/who (possibly applies to catta too... would need to think more on that). Plus your standard gambit/wifom chances.
    - Opening post has SETUP listed with color coded bullets (just Town so far). To me that could be an indication of many colors to be listed there, like multiple scum teams or SK(s) or such. Not that that would be unexpected nor is this in any way reliable yet after D1 or even its existence, but just pointing it out.
    - For lore: I'm pretty sure i could name what the two abilities/creatures are (and likely guess what they were doing) for those not familiar with universe, and suspect any scum team(s) would discuss amongst themselves -- is it better to talk openly about it in main thread so solo townies unfamiliar are on the same page? My initial thought is yes but dont want to get chewed up if my opinion is in minority. I also ask in case we see others on other days.

Should spill it, and I agree with Uggor. I know Listo pretty well and his actions last night were all town

If you had a half brain, and know how Listo plays, you knew he was town the minute he claimed.
    I'm not used to Listo being a target for lynch, so I did not recognize that as him being town. The last time I remember him being pushed like that was in Magic is Friendship, and while he got emotional in that game, he wasn't angry or unreasonable (he cried at one point, but that's it). In this game he was lashing out and demanding to be lynched (also not like how he played My Little Pony).

- - - Updated - - -

Raza, if you die, you'll take that information with you. It would help us to know what those are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Should spill it, and I agree with Uggor. I know Listo pretty well and his actions last night were all town
    The only person who made an argument close to this was Dupti, who said he thought Listo was too smart to post those abilities. If you had a strong character read on him, you should have made that case. Although I might not have believed it. I thought you or Dupti were scum for being so certain Listo wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put my vote on Kurenai for the fact of progressing a train. I didn't like the fact the only discussion that happened after I spoke before going to bed was still about lurking and bullshit. We got no nothing, claim or anything. NANYA!

Hence

Vote: Kurenai

business is not finished.

FOS everyone who said "Hiding your abilities is never town, neither is silencing someone" ---- Cause scum never have trackers or a way to see actions, or maybe having a town tracker out a TPR could be a fucking problem, so hiding your action could prevent a stupid tracker from being stupid and outing TPRs like they always do
    Took the words right out my mouth....

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I put my vote on Kurenai for the fact of progressing a train. I didn't like the fact the only discussion that happened after I spoke before going to bed was still about lurking and bullshit. We got no nothing, claim or anything. NANYA!

Hence

business is not finished.
    Why the hell would I claim when the train on me had nothing to do with this game? I have no interest in bowing to outside-the-game reasons for votes to make me claim.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

I didn't like the heavy defence of Kurenai yesterday. Or the sudden shift in votes away from him in favour of Listo. Unlike Kurenai Listo actually claimed and contrary to what some people are making out his abilities fit what I'd expect of a joint Reticence and Danner game. I have a feeling that Kurenai may be scum - one with a fair number of useful abilities that his team don't want to lose out on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Why the hell would I claim when the train on me had nothing to do with this game? I have no interest in bowing to outside-the-game reasons for votes to make me claim.
    No starting train on day one has anything remotely plausible about it to the current game. It's still a train, and someone's going to get pushed. The train starts from nothing yes but you got away from the train for no reason other than complaining about being a train on day one I want to know why there was a diversion and I'm gonna start with ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post

• A pseudodragon was spotted flitting around in the air near Dupti.
    Um, okay.

@Dendrek, thoughts on Kurenai?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Raza, I don't know much about it so I'd personally like to hear it, but if you think it gives scum too much information don't do it. (Well your point was that they'd most likely figure it out anyway so meh)

I actually quite like the fact that Kur didn't claim. Getting tired of the "now there's pressure, now I have to claim.." and then we move onto the next one that claims and so forth.

Debating who to target for today. I could see Kur being a main target again, hmm.

If you had a half brain, and know how Listo plays, you knew he was town the minute he claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Also, can we stop with the hindsight town-points grabbing? If you were 100% sure he was town, you should have been way more adamant in defending him last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Then you could have easily been lynched for it. Which is stupid if you're town and would have let us mislynch you just because you don't like the reason. Seems more like something you're saying so you don't have to risk coming up with a fake claim.

vote: Kurenai

For the above and because I'm annoyed people lynched one of the most active players day 1 when we're having a problem with inactivity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Also, can we stop with the hindsight town-points grabbing? If you were 100% sure he was town, you should have been way more adamant in defending him last night.
    ^^^^^^ 100% this. I had a feeling he was town but wasn't sure really, he could have been bluffing or it could have been his real rolecard that just wasn't town, but I actually did defend him.

Arialla defending him a bit but mostly just by agreeing with points I made.

Uggor just voted Kurenai and left it at that. If he was sure Listo was town then that's minus town points for him because he stood by and did nothing while people lynched someone he knew was town.

I agree with the sentiment though that people claim too easily in this game and then we decide if we believe or not and move on. People really should have better ways to argue their defence. Unfortunately I don't think Kurenai argued anything yesterday, he simply declared the lynch idiotic, decided he wouldn't claim and then went silent until Listo was lynched.

My vote was on Kurenai yesterday, I'm tempted to put it back there again today. Just because Listo flipped town though doesn't mean that Kurenai is scum, we've had lead trains be both town before and we've ended up lynching both and gaining nothing.

I think lynching Kurenai serves to tell us a lot of things. Aside from revealing Kurenai's alignment it also exposes which players are happy to lynch a player with a history of being active over someone who has a history of going missing for long periods at a time. It's reached the point where, honestly, I don't really want to play with those people and if this ends up being the third game in a row where scum are effectively handed a victory due to inactivity and active players being eliminated early on then I'll probably back down and stop playing for a while. Which might make some people cheer, I suppose!

So, ideally, Kurenai is scum and that is why Listo was lynched instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I agree with the sentiment though that people claim too easily in this game and then we decide if we believe or not and move on. People really should have better ways to argue their defence. Unfortunately I don't think Kurenai argued anything yesterday, he simply declared the lynch idiotic, decided he wouldn't claim and then went silent until Listo was lynched.
    I agree, I think people are using 'should have claimed" as the go to as that's the most common but might have accepted an actual defence, which doesn't count just hating the reason.