Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    On Crackles point yes Kryll could hit town but given the situation I think that would have to be intentional at this point, and mafia have to NK him or continue to loose members.
    Kryll very vocally just accused catta and arialla as his two top scum picks. He said he virtually flipped a coin and landed on catta. Do you think arialla is town, scum, or just dont know? If he hits arialla and he's town was that intentional? Who are the "guaranteed" town here? (to give credit i see your top three scum callouts)

Kryll could end up being any of the three i proposed: SK, red maf, non-red maf. I strongly lean to he's mostly telling the truth (SK) with a fair possibility of hidden agenda (pair). In pair scenario maf still has to actively seek the other sk (or if opposing team scenario they must cross-kill to win) -- so we may still need to deal with multiple kills which may be beneficial or horrendous. In a "worst case" scenario kryll is solo and removes a kill, and a large red mafia have 1-2 kills and try to reach majority. If that's the hand we're dealt then we play it out -- i have a hard time seeing a single red mafia being 8 members with a slew of abilities with a SK, so tomorrow should happen regardless (though i cant discount this as a possibility and a post-game balance fight). Dendrek may very well be fear mongering or playing me hard (appropriate for a bard), but I dont necessarily disagree with him regardless which camp i put him in.

Regardless, val's response of "quote allowyn and leave again" is horrible. You are solidly anti-town. Allowyn's non posting today is back to same as earlier in the game; you only showed up on a day when you got pressure, and had good content but maybe it was all self-saving. Your play has been anti-town much of the game. Robo is not even making efforts to try. You are solidly anti-town. Arialla either you've met your wincon and checked out or are trying to stay out of spotlight. You play recently has been at least somewhat anti-town. I can imagine many of these people actually being town which infuriates me. IF you are town and on this list how about making up for it by showing up tomorrow and helping work toward a victory despite any circumstance we're in?
    If i'm being hypocritical or unfair in any way call me out on it. I welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    This is my whole point. Any other game a person being seen "dealing a killing blow" would have been on the block and likely lynched that day or the next at the latest. Now all of sudden people are throwing out theories of a "framer" or finding other reasons to keep the discussion off of him. Arialla should be defending himself instead of town waiting until the end of the game to find out why he was seen killing someone. The one day he was on the block ended in a no lynch. Killer + No lynch (usually) = Scum working to protect one of their own.
    Can you point out a game where the RP/mod names someone as a killer? When that information comes from a townie's action (like watching or tracking, or a special ability) they claim it and/or act on it. I'm not going to automatically "zomg lynch" just like i'm not automatically going to say "must be a frame just ignore". Context and actions over time speak a lot. I dont put ari as guaranteed town, but my point was i cant put him in my top 2. Also ari was an alternate train for large who flipped red; with val's statement plus the actions that led to no-lynch were caused (in part) by kuri+senna(former flipping town) means i'd have a lot of justification, circumstances, and coincidences to account for, or have a massive scum conspiracy (both are possible, but i'd need some key flips/info).
    Dont get me wrong, i do appreciate your text and analysis even knowing your scum, but i'd scrutinize this either case. Its good info regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the count of Val, re-thinking his actions I'm honestly having trouble reconciling his actions with scum. That's not to say he isn't, he's still in my top picks I just don't see why a scum would repeatedly vote robo. It's obviously anti-town to not participate in the actual votes or discussion but doesn't benefit scum at all. Very odd decisions either way.

Arialla is in the camp of I just don't know, he could go either way. A couple of game days ago I did trust him to be town but that has diminished now into an I just don't know, Virothe is in the exact same boat in that I just don't know but I'm more leaning town on him, and same with you Raza. I'd say I trust Kryl to not be mafia but obviously he isn't town, and with that I'm trusting his call that Senna isn't mafia either but that's not to say without a doubt he's town but both of those people at least should not be voting with the mafia, and I believe Crackle is town now I've totally changed my mind on him with his post earlier in this day pointing out there were 6/7 votes on Kryll but not voting to end the day. Sadly if he is town he's just joined them on the Kryll wagon anyway.

In all my thinking about who is mafia and who isn't I can honestly say I forgot Allowyn completely so put him in the don't know camp, but my hypothesis right now is that either him or Val are mafia. (I'm not going to discount both but I think fitting in with the Paladin and Anti-Paladin thing someone mentioned before just makes sense to me, and neither are playing for the town right now)

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm really sorry at my lack of activity. Generally I am pretty available, but my family doesn't communicate very well, and sometimes they drop something on me with no warning. That's what happened last night soon after my last post, and I couldn't post a coherent thought, though I've tried to keep up with the thread.

Now, with the time we have left (some odd 8-10 hours I'm assuming, I didn't check) the biggest concern is making sure that there is a lynch and that we make it a good one. I believe Kryll for the most part in that he is indeed the SK, that he does indeed feel he has already lost the game, and that he does indeed feel that town could use some help given how the past few games have gone. However, I believed yesterday that Kryllian was withholding information, and again I believe that he's withholding info today. So I think that it's very possible he has a teammate. And while I believe that Kryllian has some good intentions releasing this information, he is almost confirm-scum, and everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

So, Kryll is sitting at L-1 right now. It's understandable to want to lynch Kryll because we are at the point where we can't really afford mis-lynches, and this is a solid lead. I'm having a hard time justifying moving to someone else at this point, because A) they aren't as conf-scum as Kryll and B) we would need enough people around to coordinate at least vote majority on someone else. I see possibly a push towards Catta.

So I thought it would be good to go through what I thought everyone's alignment was last week, and see where I think they are now. Assuming Kryll is scum, then we have 4 scum out of 7-9 total, leaving 3-5 left. One of those is possibly another sk.

Give me a moment, working on the last week/now feeling on everyone.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm off to bed, I will be up in ~8hours and prob check the thread in 8.5-9 hours (after I shower and leave for work etc) so assuming day will be over, my vote won't be needed to secure a Kryl lynch at this point that's obvious and I think our best lead on mafia is easily Catta, I also honestly believe that if we lynch Kryll we lose, even if it isn't an auto loss unless Robo is miraculously scum and val is scum who just isn't cooperating with anyone and scum are somehow a small team or split teams (all possibilities I consider very low right now) we'll lose due to a complete lack of being able to get a scum lynch tomorrow with robo being totally gone and unable to help even if scum aren't the majority. So basically right now is very likely our last chance to lynch a mafia or we lose, and I hope you guys make the right choice there. Night.

Kryll you are an admitted killer. You are trying to paint me in a bad light while ignoring several pieces of information. We haven't seen any sign of a second team. I've shown that largehorn was on an opposing team. I can't be your teammate. How do you justify me being mafia ?

My vote stays where it is. I've played the I just want to help town card as a scum faction to try and win so I don't buy it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Allowyn
    Before: Strong scum lean
    Now: Being the only person left that hasn't voted on any known scum and the continued anti-town behavior, I'm still leaning very scummy, and would be interested in voting on her.

Anakso
    Before: Soft town lean
    Now: If Kryll is to be believed, then there is only 2 scum teams, the mafians and the sk(s). I said that I don't see how Anakso could be on Large's team, and that holds true due to the supposed kill on Celtic too. On the flip side, is a decently strong candidate for being on Kryll's team if there is a pair.

Arialla
    Before: Town lean
    Now: Almost conf-town in my eyes if Kryll is telling the truth. If there is only one mafia team, Arialla is not on it. This is a fact because the mod confirmed that Arialla did get two votes on Robo yesterday. Therefore Large has to be an enemy of Arialla's. Arialla was willing to lynch Kryll, so I'm having a hard time seeing them on a sk team, but I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm going town for Arialla.

Catta
    Before: Uncertain
    Now: I'm going back through his posts, and they have a very townie feel to them. He's had some good arguments, and he's been here and active. I don't agree with all of Kryll's reasons for voting Catta, and I can't find Ana's but I feel like he went into it before, I'm still searching. As the other possible train it would be good for others to weigh in on Catta themselves, but personally I'm not seeing much yet to hop on.

Crackleslap
    Before: Soft Town lean
    Now: This has moved to uncertain: he has since claimed Cleric, and having the same abilities as Virothe- which is weird given that we don't know exactly what they are. Not the most active, but around. I vacillate on Crackle more than anyone else I think.

Dendrek
    Before: Uncertain with unshakable scum feeling
    Now: It's pretty much the same. The tone of Dendrek's posts have been pretty much the same. One post that I'm reading over and over is post 1283, where Dendrek makes his arguments as if he was on a scum team....it's hitting me the wrong way how he's phrasing things. The one I don't like the most is "the proper thing for scum to do is this thing, but I did this thing instead." That just seems like an incredibly scummy statement to say.

Kryllian
    Before: Soft town lean
    Now: Well, almost conf-scum. My thoughts on Kryll are in post 1343.

Razamith
    Before: Strong town lean
    Now: This has not changed. Raza's posts have always had a lot of content, he's the top poster of the game, and he is looking at things from different angles and sharing his thoughts.

Robozerim
    Before: Uncertain with unshakable town feeling
    Now: Uncertain without the unshakable town feeling. It's hard to get a read on someone who's not here, such anti-town. He claims he's essentially a VT right now.

Senna
    Before and Now: Feel free to ask me anything

Valyrian
    Before: Soft scum lean
    Now: Also still soft scum lean, because of how anti-town Val has been. I honestly don't like either of the Paladin claims or how they've been handled. But Val has not been around very much, is tunneling on Robo pretty hard, and ignoring pretty much everything else.

Virothe
    Before: Slight town lean
    Now: Uncertain. I didn't like his opening post today nor how he hasn't really contributed much lately. I'm starting to get a nagging feeling he's scum, but it's just a feeling, not something definite.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I should have a summary post:

Scummy
    Allowyn
    Kryllian
    Valyrian

Uncertain
    Anakso- if not 3rd party then town
    Crackle
    Dendrek-might be leaning more scummy than not
    Robo
    Virothe-might be leaning more scummy than not

Townie
    Arialla
    Catta
    Razamith
    Senna
    Mafia History

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote: Kryllian

Here's my one post for this day. Why this? Kryllian is getting lynched if the last vote count is accurate, nothing is going to change that in the short amount of time we have. Also, if the last vote count I saw was right, then I think this should be the hammer as it said he was 5/7, then Crackle added his vote, and nobody has unvoted. Also, I leave for work in a few minutes, so I won't exactly have an opportunity to do anything later. Mind you, my track record this game indicates I wouldn't have done anything later if I was around anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it incredibly funny that the same people who want to critique every little bit of my posts (is he the SK or part of a team, how does his kill mechanism really work, etc.) are the same ones who are taking other people's claims at face value. Yes Arialla has claimed to need to disarm someone then lead a lynch on an enemy to get a bonus vote. It wouldn't be the first time a claim was mostly true and possible that it really is just "lead a lynch on someone" not "an enemy". So sacrifice a scum member to gain town cred for the rest of the people? As someone else said about my claim "it's not the first time that has been used as a defense"...

Good luck town...you'll need as much of it as you can.

Dead thread see you soon!

oops I forgot...since town seem uninterested in using this time to talk about anything I may as well get in the thread early and get some of my questions answered.

vote kryllian

At lunch. Will end day when I get back to a computer.

I'm so useless, didn't check this thread for the last hour. /seppuku-bump
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Day Eight - Final Count
    • 7 - Kryllian: Catta (#1258), Dendrek (#1259), Senna (#1260), Virothe (#1261), Arialla (#1262), Crackleslap (#1338), Robozerim (#1347)
    • 1 - Robozerim: Valyrian (#1268)
    • 1 - Valyrian: Anakso (#1287)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a majority.

• Kryllian, a Diviner (Wizard), has fallen in battle.

Perhaps he saw this coming.

Night Eight began at 1400 CST / 1900 UTC, and will last for up to 24 hours or until all night actions have been submitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I'm so useless, didn't check this thread for the last hour. /seppuku-bump
    You do not get to steal my bump !!!

Coming to, you find yourself back in the amphitheater.

• Everyone seems to be accounted for.

Hm. Anticlimactic.

Day Nine began at 1200 CST / 1700 UTC, and will last for up to 48 hours.

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for majority.

*rubs the bruise on his head from the rock that struck him squarely on the temple*
    Nice arm anakso.

If SK pair either it was kryll's turn to kill (or similar mechanic), kill blocked, kill failed (if similar to conditional kryll described), or there is no pair. Mafia kill(s) obviously speculation. Rets lack of amphitheater RP either means he ran out of rooms planned not expecting D9 (somehow i think he's clever enough to have invented something), something will happen a bit later, SK was responsible for part of it, or possibly looming badness (courtesy of the paranoid part of me).
    Last edited by Razamith; 2016-06-15 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added (s)

7+ Year Old Account
    4 scum down, approximately 3-5 left I'm guessing. Since we haven't lost any townies last night, I'm assuming we still have majority.... but as others said, townies really need to be active and here.

Not much has changed since I last posted, except for that weird as hell Robo post. It sounds kinda antagonistic and like Robo doesn't care. AT ALL. And that's frustrating.

But this is where I'm going to start, my #1 scum choice from what I've seen so far.

Vote: Allowyn

You've been anti-town at best, scummy at worst. You're the only person left who has never voted on scum.
    Mafia History

Well, Our protects likely know who the mafia targeted last night.

I'm kind of lost on who to vote today.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Virothe
    Before: Slight town lean
    Now: Uncertain. I didn't like his opening post today nor how he hasn't really contributed much lately. I'm starting to get a nagging feeling he's scum, but it's just a feeling, not something definite.
    -Lurks Harder-

Am.. Am I doing it right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    -Lurks Harder-

Am.. Am I doing it right?
    Ooooooooooh, so lurky, much scum.

So yeah. Good job

asmuchasilikejokingwithyouhowaboutsomethoughtsvirothe, kthxbai
    Mafia History

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    asmuchasilikejokingwithyouhowaboutsomethoughtsvirothe, kthxbai
    From what I've learned from Tv and Movies and basically all Media, if you see something fall from the sky you should always touch it. It's about a 50/50 chance to either kill you or give you powers and really it's still better odds than the lottery.

#randomthoughts

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    From what I've learned from Tv and Movies and basically all Media, if you see something fall from the sky you should always touch it. It's about a 50/50 chance to either kill you or give you powers and really it's still better odds than the lottery.

#randomthoughts
    Touché.

#facepalm #10chars #letsbemorespecificnexttime
    Mafia History