Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I blame the casuals
    Nothing to really blame "them" for; the artefact quest lines serve their purpose. I doubt that they were ever intended to be very challenging, but rather to add lore flavour.

There is enough room for special looks gated behind difficult stuff later on.

I think this whole thing is comparing apples to oranges. The quest line for benediction ends with getting the weapon. The item in its final state. The artifact acquisition quest is just the starting point. What you do to grow and empower your artifact in the coming months is all part of the artifact quest really. Isn't that what we're all here to do? Build up our artifacts? Just happen to kill some stuff on the way...

They are all easy if you have a very basic grasp of what your spec does. They need to be since every single player will be doing them and can't move forward until they do. I can say I was surprised how easy the holy one was though. I was on pain meds and fell asleep briefly during it and the npcs just kept going, while I died I rezzed and made it back in time to keep going. That was also done with the 100 template toon not a toon with any sort of gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you this: If you do the artifact quests with a higher ilvl it becomes more difficult since the instance scales with your ilvl. If you do one at lvl 110 with decent gear it's alot more fun=P

Deleted
    I did it while using the default Blizzard party UI, which makes it harder than it really is. With my usual setup with mouseover macros and whatnot it would be much easier, yet players with little experience with group content may find it hard.

(Is there really no way of moving the default party frames, or using the (movable) raid frames in the default UI?)

So people still don't understand these weapons aren't legendaries? Okay. I'll bite. Yes. The quests are fairly easy. because EVERYBODY needs to finish them. Contrary to Benediction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You could also look at it that it took your character a few years, and the killing of major bosses, including old gods, demons, and the like, to be strong enough to wield the weapon.

Though having done the original Benediction/Anathema questline, yes it was more memorable... but it was also just a long quest.
    Wasnt really that long, it just took time to get both eyes. I do remember the annoying dispelling, holy novaing down skeletons and healing ghosts. Tbh.. Some of the artifact quests are more "do you know your spec?" checks than the benediction/anathema quest was

God i hate it when people bring up Benediction thinking it was some awesome mad wicked sweet as quest chain, It was garbage you are garbage. Yes i have one yes i got mine in vanilla and it was piss easy and a joke quest chain.

Get item from raid - Which you could pug, yes people were pugging raids back in Vanilla.
    Farm demons in winterspring or spend gold to buy an eye of shadow - They used to sell for 40g max on retail.
    Combine items and talk to guy in Straholme - make sure you buy a potion of immolation.
    Get holy nova - De rank the spell and smash immolation potions.

Congratulations you now have benediction, yep that was so wicked and legit awesome quest chain, if you are going to use a vanilla quest chain to show how awesome getting an item would be, At least use the Hunter one to pretend like you know what you are talking about.

-Mic drop-

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    That question comes up all the time and the answer is "there is no quest you have to finish to get the staff so there is no proof that you ever had it." but you can give it a shot.
    Actually you can prove it, few people got it restored cause the gms can check your quest log for the quest "The balance of light and shadow" if you completed that quest then they usually restore Bene for you, they did it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Imsyu View Post
    Actually you can prove it, few people got it restored cause the gms can check your quest log for the quest "The balance of light and shadow" if you completed that quest then they usually restore Bene for you, they did it for me
    I deleted the staff shortly after BC came out. I can confirm from the PTR that I have Benediction/Anathema in my transmog collection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
    God i hate it when people bring up Benediction thinking it was some awesome mad wicked sweet as quest chain, It was garbage you are garbage. Yes i have one yes i got mine in vanilla and it was piss easy and a joke quest chain.

Get item from raid - Which you could pug, yes people were pugging raids back in Vanilla.
    Farm demons in winterspring or spend gold to buy an eye of shadow - They used to sell for 40g max on retail.
    Combine items and talk to guy in Straholme - make sure you buy a potion of immolation.
    Get holy nova - De rank the spell and smash immolation potions.

Congratulations you now have benediction, yep that was so wicked and legit awesome quest chain, if you are going to use a vanilla quest chain to show how awesome getting an item would be, At least use the Hunter one to pretend like you know what you are talking about.

-Mic drop-
    Or warlocks Dreadsteed Q

Deleted
    I've reached the point in The Beta where i now have the quest (Artifact quest) to go into The Emerald Nightmare and collect 30 something essence and killing Xavius to get an item. So there IS the "hardcore" side of Artifacts (ofcourse we have LFR but...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    I mentioned benediction because that was a legit experiance
    That "experience" revolved around Domo's chest not being ninja'd or accidentally looted. As far as the actual quest, nearly everyone cheesed it by having another priest heal the NPC's while the mobs were killed off. If you were a priest in a raiding guild that could kill Executus and Kazzak, you had it -- hardly comparable to any other weapon.

Deleted
    The Benediction quest line was NOT more difficult and certainly not more "epic".

Once you had the thing from Executus you basically had the staff too - hell the Hunter quest was more difficult but also hardly an amazing feat. Yes. I've done both in Vanilla.

You're seriously trying to tell me that healing a couple of ghosts and using some pots on some skeletons in EPL is better than the voice acted, lore heavy sequences you go through for your Legion artifacts? Once again nostalgia goggles win over any sort of good sense or rationality.

What a joke indeed.
    Last edited by mmoc7feaf5ca98; 2016-07-19 at 09:09 PM.