7+ Year Old Account
    got the mercy cute spray!
    finally!

Formerly known as Arafal

Tranq'ed a Phara above a pit as she was doing her ult. Cue her falling to her death whilst snoozing! Wish I could of saved a clip of that.

Well, i finally decided to do my placements and i ended with 6 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw. I'm kinda annoyed by 2 of those losses because they were preventable if a couple of players stopped using their ult solo without a setup while the third one was a mess with a 4man premade that went for a bastion strat that never worked (they didn't even protect their bastion friend).
    I ended up in the 2700 SR, which is kinda disappointing, i hoped for a 2800 but i ended up around the same place i finished last time.... :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Pretty happy with progress since placements... The 80 games since my 3-7 horror show

Deleted
    anyone else getting a lot of lag or whatever it is lately? only game doing it but every 10seconds on so my character cant move, it just jitters in place for about 3 seconds, gets me killed a lot

id post a video of it i had any recording software on hand

its very frustrating, ive no idea what is causing it, everyone else moves fine and i can use attacks / abilities, its just my character gets stuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyone else getting a lot of lag or whatever it is lately? only game doing it but every 10seconds on so my character cant move, it just jitters in place for about 3 seconds, gets me killed a lot
    Yes, oh god yes. The game has been nearly unplayable the past few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yes, oh god yes. The game has been nearly unplayable the past few days.
    im not sure it is lag though, if you see the rest of my post, when it happens my abilities and stuff still work, its just i jitter on the spot and cant move

edit: nvm the abilities do not work properly

- - - Updated - - -

well any word from blizzard when we can expect this extreme lagging to be fixed? its getting really annoying dying so much everygame because i physically cannot move
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-10-07 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

id post a video of it i had any recording software on hand

its very frustrating, ive no idea what is causing it, everyone else moves fine and i can use attacks / abilities, its just my character gets stuck
    FWIW, I've been playing a fair bit the last couple days, and experienced no lag. May be down to regional issues, or ISP-specific stuff.

uninstalled it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    FWIW, I've been playing a fair bit the last couple days, and experienced no lag. May be down to regional issues, or ISP-specific stuff.
    really odd as i have no issues with any other games or internet in general, its just overwatch :\ its been doing it for the past week or so.
    I dont know if lag is the right term for this as it seems other players still move around fine and i see people shooting at me and i take damage and die, but i can't move or do anything back, even if i use abilities they don't do anything. The abilities show as being used on my screen, but dont invoke a cooldown, then on the killcam it just shows me standing still :\

i'd record it if i had any recording software so someone can tell me what is actually happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not played a lot since Legion, but jumped back in today to 5 straight losses where my team over-extend themselves constantly, while the opposition keep grouped up. Nice to see not much changed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice a trend of people IN COMPETITIVE MODE playing as characters they have less than an hour experience with?

Just had a game with a big ole Reinhartd who was absolutely terrified of moving forward a the choke point in eichenwalde and he kept jumping into the building to go to the health pack.... while he was at full health... with me... a Lucio, and one of my teammates, an ana.... being healers. Needless to say, the game didnt go well.

And yeah, we checked his time on Reinhartd.... less than an hour and a half. His mains were soldier, reaper, and tracer...... and he picked Reinhartd before my team of 4 picked anything.... so yeah he wanted to be Reinhartd.....
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-10-09 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Anyone else notice a trend of people IN COMPETITIVE MODE playing as characters they have less than an hour experience with?

Just had a game with a big ole Reinhartd who was absolutely terrified of moving forward a the choke point in eichenwalde and he kept jumping into the building to go to the health pack.... while he was at full health... with me... a Lucio, and one of my teammates, an ana.... being healers. Needless to say, the game didnt go well.

And yeah, we checked his time on Reinhartd.... less than an hour and a half. His mains were soldier, reaper, and tracer...... and he picked Reinhartd before my team of 4 picked anything.... so yeah he wanted to be Reinhartd.....
    Did you check his overall time on Reinhardt, or just Season 2 time? Cause I know there's heroes I've played a bunch outside of Competitive that I don't touch in Competitive usually because I'm not great with them, but if the circumstances call for it, I'd swap to 'em (say we've got a Pharah that needs killin', and someone's already got Soldier 76, I'll take McCree if my current Reaper or Pharah is being completely useless).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you check his overall time on Reinhardt, or just Season 2 time? Cause I know there's heroes I've played a bunch outside of Competitive that I don't touch in Competitive usually because I'm not great with them, but if the circumstances call for it, I'd swap to 'em (say we've got a Pharah that needs killin', and someone's already got Soldier 76, I'll take McCree if my current Reaper or Pharah is being completely useless).
    Cant recall, but he def was playing like someone who had never touched him before. He played more like a DPS, which made ssense since his mains were DPS.

In my group I am almost Lucio exclusively, but I am proficient as Junkrat, D.Va, Mercy and Tracer. Never need to swap in competitive though since supports always needed.

I've only played as Mercy in competitive if one of our randoms picked Lucio.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-10-09 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Cant recall, but he def was playing like someone who had never touched him before. He played more like a DPS, which made ssense since his mains were DPS.

In my group I am almost Lucio exclusively, but I am proficient as Junkrat, D.Va, and Tracer. Never need to swap in competitive though since supports always needed.
    Yeah, I'm not so much criticizing you or expressing disbelief, I'm mostly getting the point out so people don't start checking stats and lashing out at people with "only" an hour as Genji (in Season 2), but who have 130 hours with the hero in Season 1 and his gold sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not so much criticizing you or expressing disbelief, I'm mostly getting the point out so people don't start checking stats and lashing out at people with "only" an hour as Genji (in Season 2), but who have 130 hours with the hero in Season 1 and his gold sword.
    Fair enough. If someone is playing well, I wouldnt even think to check them.... this was actually the first time I felt the need to check. I have one teammate who does it if we really get bad randoms.

7+ Year Old Account
    im trying to get as fast as possible to lvl 200 for the easy lvls.
    i need the halloween lootboxes! ;-;

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think their win/lose ratio is purposely made to be even?

The entirety of S2 for me thus far has been the case. Without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I've been playing games since Space Invaders.

I've been playing online games since Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, etc.

Online communities did not function as they do today until the last few years or so. At least, not to the varying degrees of shame that they come across now. They're arguably much more unpleasant and a lot of the products themselves draw the worst mentalities and people that would be better off sticking to being gym rats and chasing women rather than invading my pass-time.

In other words, individuals that have yet to evolve beyond the usual paradigms set forth by our cave-dwelling ancestors but would fancy themselves otherwise.

I also don't really care to play Overwatch for other reasons if you haven't noticed. That was merely the straw for me. Not going to suffer the abuse and sorry community for a game that I personally think is, 1 part good, 2 parts bad. Especially when I spent ten hours yesterday in Paladins with a friend and had loads more fun.
    Yea gonna have to hard disagree on "last few years"

I've been getting told how much my mother gets around since at least 1999.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2016-10-10 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Constant lag in the past week, even after my internet has been "fixed", has made the game unplayable.