10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    And welcome to the reason I quit playing Fuck the community of this game, really.
    Haha I'm not about to quit, I know the real issue is me just playing on too long after I'm a bit burned and tilted for Witch Mercy skin and to get some games as Widow that won't completely tank my win-rate. Made that mistake on Saturday.

I love the game, I just hate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15dEV-lrWr4

this happened to me earlier today.... 3 people trolling the group and spamming random non sense in the chat and voice chat....
    Heh. I had something similar happen yesterday - a Symmetra trying to get people to fall off of the map with her teleports and a Mercy who refused to heal and instead spent the entire match fighting with her pistol.

Most people see a WM or Hanzo and start screaming aids, but rarely do I see either in QM being played by amazing players, for the most part in QM people playing them tend to be detriments to their team, never on the payload and never being in the objective when they need to be. Having a junk rat bouncing around the enemies payload instead of a sniper on the truck next to the payload in route 66 is far better as at least the junkrat is stopping the cart from moving forward and he can lay a trap to stop people from escourting it forward. He can also arc shots over it and use it for blocking shots. Physically being forward also keeps players from moving into control zones in a direct unimpeeded path.

Sometimes having such a far ranged character hurts a team more than it helps.

- - - Updated - - -

and just as a fun mention, yesterday I had a game where I was playing Junkrat at the beginning of 66 and I ran up the train trailers on the left and used mine to bounce behind the enemy line, I landed just in front of a Ana who put me to sleep and then lined up a head shot, just as she kills me the rest of her team come running back to retreat from my team when their reinhardt dies and Ana kills me, my body drops the grenades on the ground and all 4 retreating players walk over me at that exact moment, having killed 2/3rds of her team with a living landmine. :P

Practiced on some of my lesser used characters a couple days ago and I admit that I wasn't being much use. I really want to expand my useful characters to reach those last few characters I just am not good with, but everytime I do it seems like I'm on a team of people trying to do the same and its a stomp. Sometimes I switch to a Rein or Junkrat midgame just because were getting beat so badly, but then I dont get any practice on people I actually need practice on.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Just dropped over 200 points in ranked. Games riddled with Hanzo mains who evidently are not Hanzo mains, people who ridicule others while doing the most random stuff, people who don't know how to counterpick but smacktalk you for being bad and murdering their Winston with Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Practiced on some of my lesser used characters a couple days ago and I admit that I wasn't being much use. I really want to expand my useful characters to reach those last few characters I just am not good with, but everytime I do it seems like I'm on a team of people trying to do the same and its a stomp. Sometimes I switch to a Rein or Junkrat midgame just because were getting beat so badly, but then I dont get any practice on people I actually need practice on.
    it's funny how much you can carry in quick play with those heroes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    it's funny how much you can carry in quick play with those heroes
    The only time I've felt I was a "carry" was recently as D.va. And we still lost. Well, there was this one time I had five golds as Roadhog, but eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The only time I've felt I was a "carry" was recently as D.va. And we still lost. Well, there was this one time I had five golds as Roadhog, but eh.
    My win rate with D.Va, Reinhardt and Junk suggest that these are indeed good heroes to carry with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think the big carries are Reinhardt and Zarya. They can change the momentum of the game instantly and do monstrous stuff. A good Genji can carry as well since he just makes the entire enemy team go nuts whilst killing them. Other than those three I think a good McCree and Widow can carry well and snipe some quick kills so that your team can advance more easily.

Ranking is slow going, seeing a lot of troll/terrible teammates lately, but I'm still finding it much less horrible than HoTS ranked. That's just infuriating.

I don't really understand Hanzo "mains". Why is a high skillcap hero who generally performs pretty poorly so attractive to bad players? I understand why bads want to play Genji or Reaper. But Hanzo? Surely a couple of games worth of getting creamed while your team tells you to stop being terrible should be enough to discourage you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    My win rate with D.Va, Reinhardt and Junk suggest that these are indeed good heroes to carry with.
    I don't know why so many people bitch about Junkrat, I've found him strong in both attack and defence. Although I am better at him than a lot of shitty pugs (I'm not amazing, they're just really bad :P).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I think the big carries are Reinhardt and Zarya. They can change the momentum of the game instantly and do monstrous stuff. A good Genji can carry as well since he just makes the entire enemy team go nuts whilst killing them. Other than those three I think a good McCree and Widow can carry well and snipe some quick kills so that your team can advance more easily.
    I'm finding impact Zarya plays to be pretty powerful lately, especially since I've noticed a lot of Mei play on attack and control (and even def).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Practiced on some of my lesser used characters a couple days ago and I admit that I wasn't being much use. I really want to expand my useful characters to reach those last few characters I just am not good with, but everytime I do it seems like I'm on a team of people trying to do the same and its a stomp.
    I have that exact problem whenever I stop playing heroes I carry with :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Much more enjoyable with match chat turned off, I must say.
    Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't really understand Hanzo "mains". Why is a high skillcap hero who generally performs pretty poorly so attractive to bad players? I understand why bads want to play Genji or Reaper. But Hanzo? Surely a couple of games worth of getting creamed while your team tells you to stop being terrible should be enough to discourage you...
    I think a lot of players aren't really paying attention to chat, or just don't care. Also, Hanzo is a cool hero. He's got the skills of Legolas and the badassness of a samurai. I'm sure that's attractive to many new players. He's silent sniper-type character with great mobility and a powerful and flashy ultimate. That he's not a very effective member unless in the hands of experienced players, doesn't matter that much I think. Maybe they'll switch to Bastion if they want to rack up some kills later.
    Personally, I find great joy in making kills with the bow. Much more than throwing grenades around, even though I'm 10x more useful as Junkrat.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had an awesome Competitive match on Gibraltar last night. First round, we pushed the payload almost to the end, a few meters from completion. On Defense the next round, they pushed it to 0.07m from winning with about 30 seconds to go, but we held them off and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Closest game by far that I've ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I'm extremely vexed. I tryharded so much but no results so far so i'm starting to just don't give a fuck and troll in qp, like everyone else is doing.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I'm finding impact Zarya plays to be pretty powerful lately, especially since I've noticed a lot of Mei play on attack and control (and even def).
    How to play this game on maximum carry/god mode. Play McCree, Mercy, Zarya, or Hanzo. Get good and you'll win every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh geez. You can tell it's not a school night tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was *ahem* practising on Hanzo, managed to do fuck all for most of the match; then finished up with a quad kill PotG in overtime to complete a match winning team kill. Dragon onto the payload through walls from the spawn point kills three, as I run outside whereupon I put a scatter arrow to Reinhardt's ass. It was beautiful. I was even complemented. I think that can go up there with the Attack-Bastion troll win from a few nights ago, I should remember to record this shit.

Starting to really learn about Genji. Made a pharah cry cause every time they did their ult I'd kill them with their own rockets. They sadly still got play of the game with it because their stupid roadhog got me from behind when I was being greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck in the 2850-2950 range... so close to being a diamond.

I've been thinking Widow maker as a sniper really isn't in a position to win with Blizzard. From my time in TF2 I can tell you 99% of snipers are a burden on their team, which was fine by me because I loved an easy kill when I went against them. However for that other 1% who actually get pretty good at him, the sniper is incredibly dangerous. You'll be 1 shot easily if you walk at them in the wrong way.

Now, Overwatch is built on counters so they need heroes like Widowmaker to counter heroes like Pharah, so they need average people playing her. But if they actually buff her up to where the average player isn't a burden on their team with her it will make that 1% who actually know how to sniper extremely overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot play on Saturday anymore. It's horrible. I just keep losing my shit with all the trolls and shit.