Deleted
    From 2660 to 2360.. Now I remember why I never play Saturdays.. Fuck me.

Deleted
    im doing good , loving the game so far, prestige 1 level 50, money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I've been thinking Widow maker as a sniper really isn't in a position to win with Blizzard. From my time in TF2 I can tell you 99% of snipers are a burden on their team, which was fine by me because I loved an easy kill when I went against them. However for that other 1% who actually get pretty good at him, the sniper is incredibly dangerous. You'll be 1 shot easily if you walk at them in the wrong way.

Now, Overwatch is built on counters so they need heroes like Widowmaker to counter heroes like Pharah, so they need average people playing her. But if they actually buff her up to where the average player isn't a burden on their team with her it will make that 1% who actually know how to sniper extremely overpowered.
    Nothing that Widow counters can't be done by other characters just as well or better

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nothing that Widow counters can't be done by other characters just as well or better
    I think that's why he's saying she needs a buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope this season is not going to be the same as every next one.

At the start I was 50/50 in terms of win/loss.

Then for no good reason, just straight up losing streak with no end.

i finally get a winning game, do well, and stay with a group that helps
    get me out of silver and back to gold, where I was.

After that, get a peculiar winning streak solo queing and actually hit platinum (or
    whatever is after gold).

Now I'm suddenly in the losing way more than winning camp again. This game is
    fucking bipolar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    God I hope this season is not going to be the same as every next one.

At the start I was 50/50 in terms of win/loss.

Then for no good reason, just straight up losing streak with no end.

i finally get a winning game, do well, and stay with a group that helps
    get me out of silver and back to gold, where I was.

After that, get a peculiar winning streak solo queing and actually hit platinum (or
    whatever is after gold).

Now I'm suddenly in the losing way more than winning camp again. This game is
    fucking bipolar.
    That's the fun thing about random distributions; they're incredibly prone to non-random-seeming streaks.

I officially blame Seagull for half of Overwatch's Hanzo and Genji mains.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's it.
    no more comp till season 3
    and absolutely no comp on weekends.
    horrible, horrible fucking horrible.

Formerly known as Arafal

Two games in a row vs. two master rank players playing a silly double sniper comp. And winning, obviously. We made it close but they swapped to viable comps at the end and obliterated us.

How is that even possible? They queue with someone low ranked?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I believe so - but the matchmaking can be pretty weird at times. I've been thrown into games where I utterly obliterate the enemy team with Symmetra because they're all either new to the game or very low skilled players. I've also been put in games where the enemy team were far, far more skilled than my team - both in terms of higher accuracy and 'plays'.

This often happens during 'quiet' periods, I've noticed. Likely the system just throws together any combination of players together if its struggling to find similarly skilled players. Most of the time I do get paired with and against 'slightly above average' players which is where I'm ranked in competitive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I believe so - but the matchmaking can be pretty weird at times. I've been thrown into games where I utterly obliterate the enemy team with Symmetra because they're all either new to the game or very low skilled players. I've also been put in games where the enemy team were far, far more skilled than my team - both in terms of higher accuracy and 'plays'.

This often happens during 'quiet' periods, I've noticed. Likely the system just throws together any combination of players together if its struggling to find similarly skilled players. Most of the time I do get paired with and against 'slightly above average' players which is where I'm ranked in competitive anyway.
    Previous season I had one guy that was sooo much lower then the rest of the team (as low as you can get) that we where all bloody shocked, match was over pretty fast when you start with a handicap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Two games in a row vs. two master rank players playing a silly double sniper comp. And winning, obviously. We made it close but they swapped to viable comps at the end and obliterated us.

IIRC, at Diamond and higher, it won't let you group with someone more than 500 rank below you. But also, remember that the tier grade you see only represents the highest you've been, not your current rank. Someone getting carried into Master rank and then falling back down to Silver doesn't mean they're Master-level skilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Meis pixel spray and Winstons pixel spray today so pretty happy with that. Also got a card at the end of defending Numbani as Junkrat that I spent 91% of the game on fire...wtf!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thought I might do some comp today as I have a few days off work, so went in QP to warm up and see how things were; and... worse than a Saturday lunchtime. Didn't help for the first match, goes in gets dumped with a 5 man premade who tell me to tank and not go WM. I obliged and informed them I was just going to play like a dick anyway because, if they wanted to organise their shit, they can do it amongst themselves. We lost, largely because as Reinhardt I made literally no effort to protect the team, and got gold damage and silver elims... Yeah, hate that "You play what we tell you while we go on and do what we want". (One of them was already D.Va in any case).

That set me up for the day, everyone was just awful to each other, compositions were every bit as ridiculous as the matchmaking. Set against teams with 3k SR with my lowly 2k. And of course the obligatory guy I'm pretty sure was cheating; his PotG was him aiming at me with Infrasight up, fair enough, snaps 120* to his right, takes a shot that kills someone, doesn't wait to see if there are other players even there, then snaps back to headshot me the moment I'm a pixel out from behind the wall. Wasn't the only suspect kill he managed on me either, one with no infrasight jumping down from his perch, just snaps a headshot, another practically in melee range, again... Not even funny. You don't expect that from a 2k player with 2 hours on the hero.

Really going to need a break from it once this event's over. Not inspired to go comp either.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-10-31 at 05:08 PM.

So had a horrible match where I single handedly (not joking) carried my team as the only tank and no healers for majority of the matches

38 killing streak and lost the match...so painfull
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-11-01 at 12:47 PM.

Got the Hard mode and door achievements on the last day! Found a group of people willing to stick it out till it was done. Insert feels good man meme here.

so I loved learning that Reinhardt's rocket charge can pick up D.va's mech when it's about to self destruct. AND that hiding behind his shield still blocks it.

Loved pushing that devastating aoe doom blast into a hallway behind everyone instead of getting kicked off the objective for a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was running smooth, had like three good games. Filling holes, playing mostly Zenny, who I'm still weak with. Get into a game, someone leaves before it starts, but the game decides to wait for some time before adding someone. I'm Roadhog, and I ask for a healer. Nobody. Finally, somebody joins, picks Reinhardt. I ask for a healer, and this guy just goes off for no reason. Sorry, don't be a dick, number one, but if you join a game in progress, it's easy to see what's being actively played, so fill the goddamn hole.

Now, I just wanna go Mei and piss everyone off.

- - - Updated - - -

Then joined a game where the first round they go all Genjis, and the second round they go all Mei's. one Mei is fine. All Mei's is, you might as well just sit the fuck down and let them win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Then joined a game where the first round they go all Genjis, and the second round they go all Mei's. one Mei is fine. All Mei's is, you might as well just sit the fuck down and let them win.

I think Mei character is a perfect example of the gaming community.

Can be epic, nice moves and all, but can be as toxic as angry teenager who thinks he's the shit and really needs mental slap to get his mind to the correct state.

I've still been doing a lot of quickplay lately and getting to the point where I feel like my only option to deal with trolls is to return the favor. Oh your 5 man premade thinks its funny to play 5 widowmaker on Hanamura attack? Mei walls in your line of site. All bastion in the tower? Roadhog to quickly charge the opponents ults. Now its a different story when people don't choose the obvious troll comps, but figuring out the counter troll to all these trolls I've been running into has become its own meta game for me. And its a game I'm starting to enjoy. Think Ill try Sym's teleport badly placed for the next all cowboy team I end up joining.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.