Honestly can't wait for season 3 comp to get started, took a couple weeks off and just picked the game back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    One reason why I got familiar enough with multiple characters. Only problem is, none of them are offense. I don't like any of the offense heroes, except Soldier. I can play Junkrat or Roadhog and do more damage than I ever could with anybody else, so there is no point in me struggling through McCree missing all my shots. But it does help to be good with a few heroes. I've got two healers, two tanks, an offense, and two defense characteres I can play anytime. Not that I always want to, but still.
    Working on that. My highest played are:
    1. Reinhardt
    2. Genji
    3. Ana

Genji rising up there due to me getting fed up with players not standing behind the shield or not pushing when nano boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    You could always ask if you could have one of your preferred heroes. I've got 100 % mercy in competitive this season, over 40 hours played I think, the times someone else did pick Mercy ahead of me they were kind enough to let me have it.
    They weren't entertaining any such ideas. The only thing was "off hanzo now" mentality and a few insults about intelligence and that someone should leave or just die.

There's a right way and a wrong way to persuade/convince someone, "go die" isn't exactly that.

10+ Year Old Account
    One reason why I got familiar enough with multiple characters. Only problem is, none of them are offense. I don't like any of the offense heroes, except Soldier. I can play Junkrat or Roadhog and do more damage than I ever could with anybody else, so there is no point in me struggling through McCree missing all my shots. But it does help to be good with a few heroes. I've got two healers, two tanks, an offense, and two defense characteres I can play anytime. Not that I always want to, but still.
    Yeah, I have to run through D.Va, Reinhardt, Ana, Mercy and Zen before I'll go DPS, on which I'll go Soldier or Pharah. I should play more Mei though to get used to her, as she is more useful I think, or maybe Junk. I just prefer to take my DPS opportunities in QP on WM because I know what shit I'd get if I chose her in Comp so don't give myself the practice. It sucks really, because I'm plenty confident with her; but the need to actually go DPS is pretty rare and 3 tanks seems quite viable, even desirable these days anyway.

In other news, Kings Row, just killed 5 of the enemy team (as WM, only 3 fit in the potg), and put Rein on half health. My team didn't move to advance the point, so he's just stood there facing me with shield up. :|
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-11-13 at 11:49 PM.

Got to rank 69 last season. And got to 3800 (highest) this season. So pretty good.

*1 person leaves the game after the match is over*
    Game: Yeah, no. This game is done for. Could not find enough players. But enjoy our obscenely long queue times again despite being one of the largest and newest games out there!

It's odd how TF2 has larger sized matches, more game modes, and less players, and (at least before their matchmaking update), they still managed to keep queue times under 10 second around the clock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    *1 person leaves the game after the match is over*
    Game: Yeah, no. This game is done for. Could not find enough players. But enjoy our obscenely long queue times again despite being one of the largest and newest games out there!

It's odd how TF2 has larger sized matches, more game modes, and less players, and (at least before their matchmaking update), they still managed to keep queue times under 10 second around the clock.

TF2 doesn't give a fuck about matching equally skilled players. So it's rather obvious why it doesn't take long to find a game.
    And before you try to argue that Overwatch isn't any different, - it is.

I keep falling down back to 3000 because I'm not playing regulary enough, but I keep winning (overall%) and keep getting higher and higher rating avg. teams even though I'm not reaching a higher Season-best. Out of the 6 games I did yesterday, 2 were a draw - so it's doing a fine job.

For the first time now... I had someone complain about my character choice. After a string of games where I was either Rein or Ana in my string of comp matches I load up and see... both taken. It defend on Rt 66 and my favorite assault is taken as well. Guess I'm a pick Hanzo.

"dude hanzo's worthless. Change"
    "Go die"
    "wth pick a real hero"

I would have, but not after they let loose that tirade. I enjoyed failing my way through a comp match as hanzo. My preferred characters were all in use so I was going to suck regardless.
    meh, then ask for a switch and tell them you aren't able to pick something good with your heroes being taken.
    Either that, or proof that you can get picks with Hanzo.
    Literally any hero is fine as long as it works, if it doesn't (due to counterpicks etc), you start switching it up.

Had a widow-main that somehow got ~3700 somewhere in the season, didn't get *any* picks or kills, didn't talk, refused to switch. Couldn't attack Hanamura properly with someone like him, managed to draw out but seriously, it took so much work - for nothing.
    People should really learn to use more than 1-2 heroes.
    3-4 are most likely enough, but 1 or 2 most likely are not.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-14 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    TF2 doesn't give a fuck about matching equally skilled players. So it's rather obvious why it doesn't take long to find a game.
    And before you try to argue that Overwatch isn't any different, - it is.

I keep falling down back to 3000 because I'm not playing regulary enough, but I keep winning (overall%) and keep getting higher and higher rating avg. teams even though I'm not reaching a higher Season-best. Out of the 6 games I did yesterday, 2 were a draw - so it's doing a fine job.
    Actually I was going to argue designing a game towards not needing an MMR in the first place is best. Just look at TF2. You're right, there's no MMR in place. And yet the games are by far more balanced than Overwatch. Autobalance and team scramble and all that. Not to mention some expertly designed maps.

Seeing Overwatch going for the over serious MMR which leads to long queue times only makes it look like we got the worst of both worlds.

Deleted
    Autobalance is bullshit though, one of the reasons why BF3+4 were pretty much unplayable as a squad. Admin tools were ripping everything apart.
    And no. TF2 is not balanced at all... first things first, 1 guy in TF2 has much less of an impact than on Overwatch in a public game. And on top of that, I don't know why you even believe it's better balanced, what exactly gives you that kind of stats/information?

Most TF2 public games end with 24-32 people running at each other, that's pretty much it. No one takes it nearly as serious as OW right now. You can't compare them, does TF2 even have a 5v5 queue or something similar, all I remember are quickplay games which would just send you on a random server, just like in Battlefield?

Well TF2 has lasted over 12 years with minimal balance changes are one of the longest lasting player bases who probably wouldn't be bothering with the game if it was unbalanced. Meanwhile Overwatch is still making some drastic changes to their heroes each patch. A game centered around counter picking has a half of their heroes at D or F tier who are barely even used at high ranked matches. Even picking Symmetra is so bad, picking her is considered a troll pick that'll get you reported. And yet, Blizzard is still trying to push it as a major e-sports competitor before all of this is even fixed.

TF2 games and Overwatch have public games where people just run at each other. That's kinda what you expect with these types of games. TF2 has a 6v6 competitive queue I think. As well as a 9v9 match using 1 of each class on both teams.

And lastly TF2 does let you do this crazy thing where they allow you to pick and choose the map and gamemode you want to play on. I know, it's pretty insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sombra is now live (EU)! Got myself the Augmented skin (because it's gorgeous and makes me want to get good with her) but not got in a game fast enough to pick her yet. She's really annoying as Widow though, I can say that much.

Oh and there is no Boop yet

7+ Year Old Account
    i just got called a cockmongler and whore for playing widowmaker in a 3v3.
    and we won.

yes, its awesome how nice the community can be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sombra is now live (EU)! Got myself the Augmented skin (because it's gorgeous and makes me want to get good with her) but not got in a game fast enough to pick her yet. She's really annoying as Widow though, I can say that much.

Oh and there is no Boop yet
    play her in the no limits game mode, almost no one picks her there for some reason.
    i never saw more than 2 sombras on my team.

Formerly known as Arafal

Getting tired of people using Ana at my rank and being a burden.

Two comp matches in a row with trolls. Nuff said. Ranking down again Oh and Sombra newbs ruining it too. Yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i just got called a cockmongler and whore for playing widowmaker in a 3v3.
    and we won.

yes, its awesome how nice the community can be

- - - Updated - - -

play her in the no limits game mode, almost no one picks her there for some reason.
    i never saw more than 2 sombras on my team.
    Widow is much improved, people won't realise for a week or so I think. Finally got a match with Sombra, really like the toolkit but will take some time to learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Widow is much improved, people won't realise for a week or so I think. Finally got a match with Sombra, really like the toolkit but will take some time to learn.
    Yea I wasn't sure how that change would pan out - either it would make combat scoping a real thing, encouraging her to rotate more often (good news for a sniper), or it wouldn't really be all that noticeable. Glad to hear it's the former
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It was a mistake for overwatch to require 9 wins in arcade mode, people are getting pissy if they don't win. Incentivizing wins is not as important as incentivizing playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    new quick play didn't change a thing. Trolling idiots, assholes, and nobody actually trying to get a basic comp.

Fuck, Sombra is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    new quick play didn't change a thing. Trolling idiots, assholes, and nobody actually trying to get a basic comp.
    I think that's just people testing changes right now. It'll calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's just people testing changes right now. It'll calm down.
    I've played about ten games and have been forced to tank or heal every game. And yeah, every game has a Sombra, but nobody seems to be "testing changes". Just random people picking random heroes and not caring about comp.