Getting rekt. Hard.

The nepal map. The enemy team must have been some kind of pro's. People usually go to the objective at middle. These guys ignored the objective at first and ran trough the corridors to our door. Junkrats that hit Phara's in air. That is all I remember of it. Our team never even got inside. They started pwning us at our doorway (not the spawn, but the door inside the objective area). That match didn't last long. The second stage was exactly the same. :I

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    Match-making sucks, just like in any other blizztard game. 3 times in row I joined game 10 sec before lose. Next match - got team with lvl 3-5 guys, enemy team - everyone 20+; we lost in less than 2 minutes. I remember old HotS matchmaking, team of 5 squishy casters vs tank+healer+old nova+old zera+random assasin

I can live with shitty matchmaking, but I got really angry when people randomly fighting across map without capturing/doing objectives. I think blizzard should really introduce whole screen banner with words "DO YOUR FUCKING OBJECTIVE" before every match.
    Not that I'm defending the matchmaking, as I don't know if it will sorts itself out, but it needs more than a couple days to start calibrating where people should be. In a game that presumably loads of people are launching for the first time, it's going to take a little bit of time.

As far as objectives go, you're always going to get people like that in your games. It's the same as battlegrounds in WoW where people are fighting in the roads. One person in Overwatch can make a big difference, but not nearly as much as coordinated team.

On that note it's not always necessary for everybody to be exactly on the objective. You need a couple roamers or flankers, but at least half of your team on payload maps should be around the objective. Capture point maps people should ideally be around or close to the perimeter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran into 1 player that badmouthed my Roadhogg play ability. Run into a few others that just show frustration when the team as a whole ignores the objective. I'm level 18, so running into blatant toxicity has been pretty rare. The games really aren't log enough for it to fester. I mean the longest games are in the Arcade right now and even if we lose everyone usually ends with a gg. No idea how long one of the brawls went but the payload sat at the end of the map during overtime for far longer than it took to get there. While we won at the end, compliments from both sides were shared at the end. This has happened a couple times even in quick match where its a counter play that saves or wins the game.

So far there has been plenty more people who are just out to have a good time than toxic players.

Deleted
    Having a blast lvl 28 now. I play with 5 other friends so we always face other premades. It feels almost like rank matches.

Lucio on maps with objectives surrounded by ledges is the cheapest thing I've seen in a game in a long, long time.

Deleted
    I tried arcade solo play now, really fun and Lucio strong in that one
    Even got play of the game, but the salt that came with that... lol, no love for the one keeping you alive
    Better play with my friends, they love when I play Lucio and keep them rocking and rolling

2 things I've been enjoying:

1) People using their ult on one person.

2) People misusing the word "rekt."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    2 things I've been enjoying:

1) People using their ult on one person.

2) People misusing the word "rekt."
    LoLd
    Was looking for heal, got 10 hp. Pharah appears and uses ulti only on me. "REKT"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit after less than 5 minutes and don't plan on ever opening the game again. The WoW pet is cool, though.

Definitely not enjoying playing as tank. Feels like I'm playing solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's because you missed the part where Reaper/Tracer killed them three times in a row while rest of the team charged ahead. Or there was Widowmaker parked on a roof and no one noticed her picking off healers. Several times from the same place. At that point, it's pretty much "screw it, I'm not healing anything by getting insta-killed, might as well switch". Sure, once in a while you get terrible flankers who die to Mercy's pistol, but usually it's one sided slaughter that only highlights how helpless you are.

And of course, this is followed by "we need support". Good for you - too bad I'm dead again. Go ask Roadhog for his healing juice, maybe he'll share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    poor support for the support, or people have troll heroes so the healer says f it.
    That's cute and all, and I can't say I haven't noticed poor support when I play Mercy as well, but the fact that they're switching isn't my problem. If this is what is happening they never tell the rest of the team this. They never say "Get that Widowmaker if you want healing because she's picking me off" (let me note here that when I'm playing support I do say this), they never tell the team they're switching so that someone else knows and will take support in their place (and if they don't then it really is their fault they lose). If they just said something it wouldn't be a big issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    You can go to "recently played" tab in the social window and right click peoples names to select "avoid this player" or "prefer this player"
    Ohhh thank you so much, I was clicking people in game and only seeing mute and block and not knowing where the other option was.

I was a JunkRat coming out of Rt 66 starter box and get shoulder slammed off the edge by Rhardt killing us both who then says in general, "Can you fly boy?" to which I replied, "Enjoy walking back across the map while I am killing your team." And thats when thier defences crumbles and we were at the gas station before Rhardt got back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qw4 View Post
    I quit after less than 5 minutes and don't plan on ever opening the game again. The WoW pet is cool, though.
    Cool story, it has a nice drive by poop flinging feel to it, just don't lick your hands. Go enjoy your $60 pet!

Longest Ult cast attempt ever as Lucio. Jumped up as per the animation and a junkrat launches me higher, i bounce off an enemy reinhardt who was charging past and shift directions as a Pharah uses her E. THEN i finally land. Li jiang towers pegoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Start a match.. Fairly decent team composition. 2 minutes later we're 3 widowmakers (I started as her). No idea what made the two others swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Start a match.. Fairly decent team composition. 2 minutes later we're 3 widowmakers (I started as her). No idea what made the two others swap.
    I'd wager the other side also had a number of snipers.

Deleted
    I'm so bad so I get regularly stomped, but god I'm having fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Jealousy.

Probably because some people love playing the classic sniper and she is the only classic sniper. Hanzo is a sniper class but it isn't the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    But then you pick Winston and not 2039482 Widows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Jealousy.

Probably because some people love playing the classic sniper and she is the only classic sniper. Hanzo is a sniper class but it isn't the same.
    I've just gotta say, I have no idea how I'm so bad at Widowmaker and Hanzo. I have no problem with my long range aim with a character like Soldier 76 but when I try Widowmaker I have to shoot two or three times to kill someone, never score a head shot. And then when I'm getting taken out by snipers it seems like they're always scoring headshots on me. Am I missing something? LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They had no snipers.. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I've just gotta say, I have no idea how I'm so bad at Widowmaker and Hanzo. I have no problem with my long range aim with a character like Soldier 76 but when I try Widowmaker I have to shoot two or three times to kill someone, never score a head shot. And then when I'm getting taken out by snipers it seems like they're always scoring headshots on me. Am I missing something? LOL.
    It seems like the mouse slows down when you scope / charge an arrow. So maybe you just don't adjust to the new mouse settings?