Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    From my experience, defense matrix doesn't block Bastion's ult, though it sure eats the hell out of his turret mode.
    Uhm it does you just need to aim it right, so probably since the opponent is a Bastion you need to get closer.

You intercept attacks in a straight line (that bar) and attacks that fall outside of that bar wouldn't get intercepted by defence matrix. So to closer you are against offensive ulti's the more it becomes useless.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Matrix

Also did they buff Reinhardts charge? It feels that any secondary target he is hitting gets more damage right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Then it;s you or your team as a whole that doesn't understand the strength of tanks.

Tanks are better overall then any damage dealer and people not understanding that are usually players that auto lock damage dealers. Don't forget Overwatch is about objectives and pushing for the objective is the most sure-way to win.

Also if you're just somebody that likes to kill players (99% of the damage dealers in Overwatch ) then go tank as well, you will definitely kill more then playing any defensive hero and more then 5 out of 7 offensive hero's. With tanks at least you don't have to worry about the map or the gamemode.
    Yep that great meta where reindhart charges into their team and dies.. Maybe it's just idiots I've grouped with, but hey 300 rank drop tonight after ELO hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Yep that great meta where reindhart charges into their team and dies.. Maybe it's just idiots I've grouped with, but hey 300 rank drop tonight after ELO hell.
    Then you should maybe pick Rein and not charge in?

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Then you get that special kind of player who uses a Rhardt to diddle around a doorway pinchpoint but never actually move past it because they want to be able to jump behind the wall to let their shield recharge, when he does his team doesn't see it coming (even though the shield has huge visible cracks in it) and they die instantly once the shield goes down. Nobody gets through the pinch point the whole game because the Rhardt doesn't ever pass through the pinch point.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

7+ Year Old Account
    my last few matches were disasters, trolls here, leavers there.

besides that, i managed to get my 3k comp points :3
    and bought widows golden gun cause it looks amazing.
    /noregrets

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst five man team I've ever met and of course, I have to get paired with them.

You know you joined a bad five man when you as Zenyatta have 3 golds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Worst five man team I've ever met and of course, I have to get paired with them.

I've had gold damage as Zenyatta and gold healing as Roadhog. It's a bad feeling.

sigh. family showed up and couldnt go to library to play.
    very annoyed right now
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting really fucking sick of seeing threads every day from different people in the tech support forum trying to figure out why games randomly take forever to load and character models (and sounds) don't load in, making random matches unplayable for absolutely no reason, and all Blizzard ever responds with is "oh you need to update your video drivers" and it's never fucking the answer. It's on them, and it's been going on for months.

Getting really fucking sick of seeing threads every day from different people in the tech support forum trying to figure out why games randomly take forever to load and character models (and sounds) don't load in, making random matches unplayable for absolutely no reason, and all Blizzard ever responds with is "oh you need to update your video drivers" and it's never fucking the answer. It's on them, and it's been going on for months.
    I can honestly say this happened to me one time since beta and only for 20 seconds. Maybe it isn't them, maybe it is your computer. If it was on their end it would be constantly happening to everyone, but in this case you are the first I have heard mention this, so it isn't on their end.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I can honestly say this happened to me one time since beta and only for 20 seconds. Maybe it isn't them, maybe it is your computer. If it was on their end it would be constantly happening to everyone, but in this case you are the first I have heard mention this, so it isn't on their end.
    It's threads every single day of everyone on their forums. And every time their response is "update your drivers" and every time the response from everyone is "they are".

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    sigh. family showed up and couldnt go to library to play.
    very annoyed right now
    This is typically a bad sign. Never let a game play you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's threads every single day of everyone on their forums. And every time their response is "update your drivers" and every time the response from everyone is "they are".
    Well I don't know what to tell you, it's not happening to everyone so it isn't on their end. Everyone is always quick to blame the game company when it is very much possible that the problem is on your end and it may not be the drivers, it could by many other things.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-12-31 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens for me in the first matches, especially if I get a KotH; I've found loading in the models in the hero gallery helps, I've seen others mention using the repair tool can also work. Does seem a very common issue.

Edit: I've tried the repair tool now, and it does seem to have helped a lot.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-12-31 at 02:26 PM.

Yeah I sometimes get this for my first games. If I recall, it normally happens if I join a game that was already in progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Then you should maybe pick Rein and not charge in?
    Ah keep trying to bait.. I joined the Reind chose, then Mercy, then Zarya, then Ana.. I'm look great a team who knows what it's doing, so I pick soldier.. O how so so wrong I was. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I lost 10 games in a row last night, swapped to counter, swapped to healer or tank at request, got golds in every single relevant catogary, yet got stomped because my team was utter utter turbogash every single time.

*Edit here's a new one with 2 healers I got gold healing with 1500 as soldier.. Yes we lost that one as well.
    Last edited by mmoc89679c0c8f; 2016-12-31 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had gold damage as Zenyatta and gold healing as Roadhog. It's a bad feeling.
    Sadly that was one of the golds I had. The other was in kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something has got to be done about these trolls in game, today alone I had two weird cases alone

1) I had a Genji and Hanzo emote stand off in Ilios, in a lone house talking in group chat like it was a fucking chat room

2) had a Mei who joined to jump off a ledge repetitively in every game.

3) had another Mei whose sole game was to block us off in Temple of Anubis to try and make the other team win then spam in chat "Just quick plays guyz"

I swear. This is getting more common....
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-12-31 at 07:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If you keep bouncing between 2900-3200 then that's where you belong, it's not "ELO hell".
    Incorrect. That is very much a thing, and yes, people can get stuck in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Naw, the bad team sign is gold healing as Roadhog.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. That is very much a thing, and yes, people can get stuck in it.
    Good counter-argument. There's no way someone can come back with something more concise than that.