10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Pharah is bae. How dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

The human eye cannot perceive more than 30 fps
    That's as may be, it's not like I wasn't sceptical either, but this thing is literally better in every single other way as well so it's not something I'm liable to regret on that premise.

Besides I could easily tell if my old one dropped to around 40, it's just not as smooth.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-01-31 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's as may be, it's not like I wasn't sceptical either, but this thing is literally better in every single other way as well so it's not something I'm liable to regret on that premise.
    That was a joke, sorry :P

A while back people were trying to spread the information that the human eye can only see 30 fps, it's kind of a running joke/meme now
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Whenever I'm playing Ana, I'm usually too busy to focus on Pharah. She gets attention if I've got a lull, but keeping the team alive comes before playing secondary-DPS.
    Me too, but there are two healers and usually Pharah is the number 1 source of danger to your team. You should have a Soldier that can deal with it, but most of the time that doesn't happen. It takes me about 5 seconds to put a fidgety Pharah down or at least scare her off to focus on healing again. Otherwise she's just building more ult charge to wipe your team.
    BAD WOLF

Kind of a shame Blizzard made some great sounding music for this game... that you aren't actually supposed to listen to as it makes it harder to hear footsteps. I've already noticed a huge improvement in my footstep hearing ability now that it's muted. No more surprise flanks for me.

So as a Sombra main, I find it so deflating when I get 46 hacks in a game and don't even make the board at the end of the game... Sombra is never going to have most dmg, or most kills, and its damn near impossible to get a POTG, even though I played extremely well, getting bronze and silver medals, maybe a gold in objective time, is so underwhelming. People want to play a hero, play well and be "rewarded" by their play by seeing gold medals and being on the board, but with Sombra they make is so hard to feel any satisfaction from good play.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    So as a Sombra main, I find it so deflating when I get 46 hacks in a game and don't even make the board at the end of the game... Sombra is never going to have most dmg, or most kills, and its damn near impossible to get a POTG, even though I played extremely well, getting bronze and silver medals, maybe a gold in objective time, is so underwhelming. People want to play a hero, play well and be "rewarded" by their play by seeing gold medals and being on the board, but with Sombra they make is so hard to feel any satisfaction from good play.
    Welcome to life as Lucio, Ana, Tracer, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    I had a bunch of cards for enemies EMPed even when I played like crap and did fuck all :s

Pharah and Roadhog, biggest cancer in OW... I just dont get why is tank able to one shot D.Va's mech. I just wish tanks would be like utility defense guys and not most dmg guys

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one best deal with dive comps incidentally? I came up against a couple in the past few days and just got completely destroyed with pretty much no response. In one our Soldier (after whining until the payload was 4m from the end he was being dived) switched to Reaper got a Team Kill, so I think therein may be an answer, but still lost...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just shelled out for a new 144Hz monitor, and holy hell its like another world. It's a shade bigger than my old one, but the image is miles better and its so much smoother; feel like my accuracy has improved just immediately. Why did I not do this sooner?

People still vexxing me though by going reluctant Roadhog or Zarya on defence so we just get rolled. You'd think with multiple levels of prestige people would learn... but then still, backfilled on a group where Genji insisted I heal. They had no tank at all. I guess they don't. Seldom happens for the other team though, but there does always seem to be a Hog now, always, but as Widow he's my favourite target, such a big head and no defences
    It truly is. Those who think they are seeing 120FPS on a 60hz monitor really don't understand the difference until seeing it first hand.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I bought the game last week, tested all kinds of heroes but mainly playing support. Got to 25 today, finished my placements with 6 wins / 1 drawn / 3 defeats.

Got placed at 2443. I think it was ok since i have been away from the fps genre for the last 10 years.

Having fun so far with the game and enjoying playing support a lot =)

- edit -

haha been just a few points away from plat, i thought what possible could go wrong to play a few more matchs right? Well lost 4 matchs in a row even though i got gold medal for healing and staying on the point every match.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2017-02-03 at 04:38 AM.

Why do people complain about Handsoap's scatter arrow over Roadhog's hook? The hook is on a shorter cd and much easier to hit compared to scatter.

somehow managed to get the Wukong and Sanzang skins in one loot box. just need the Roadhog skin and I'll have the whole quartet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    haha been just a few points away from plat, i thought what possible could go wrong to play a few more matchs right? Well lost 4 matchs in a row even though i got gold medal for healing and staying on the point every match.
    you could have won all 10 games and be placed at 1500 (same goes for you could have lost all 10 games and still be placed above 2500)

I noticed the longer you "burn" (your potrait) during the game the more points you win/the less you lose
    sometimes I win 30 points and sometimes ~15
    and medals mean nothing

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    you could have won all 10 games and be placed at 1500 (same goes for you could have lost all 10 games and still be placed above 2500)

I noticed the longer you "burn" (your potrait) during the game the more points you win/the less you lose
    sometimes I win 30 points and sometimes ~15
    and medals mean nothing
    Yeah i know. Not complaining though. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. What i will do is play competitive until my first lose. Then i'll stop for the day and just have fun around in quickmatchs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why do people complain about Handsoap's scatter arrow over Roadhog's hook? The hook is on a shorter cd and much easier to hit compared to scatter.
    Because Roadhog has a limited range and he's a close-quarters behemoth. If you're in range of hook, you're in the danger zone.

Handsoap's a ranged hero, and has visibility boosts to boot. Scatter arrow working as it currently does means he can accurately one-shot enemy flankers who jump him from CLOSE range. I'd say at least 70% of the Scatter Arrow shots I see are these kinds of shots, not shots into an enclosed space, which seems to be the intent.

I think Scatter needs different physics, so they don't all spray that accurately. Doubling the spread would do wonders, and not change its AoE function much at all.

I know if I end up playing the Shimada Bros brawl, abusing that scatter shot is something I do a LOT of. And it feels dirty, every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Medals really don't matter much. If you're Offense and aren't gold or silver damage done, that's a problem, and same if you're a healer regarding healing done, but that's about it. Gold healing is only an impressive feat if you're Zenyatta in a two-healer comp, because Zen's healing is meh compared to the others. Otherwise, it just means you're outdoing the healing on your fellow healer, which isn't necessarily indicative of better PLAY; I play Ana a lot, and will often lose out on gold healing to a Lucio. I'm letting him handle minor touch-ups, while I do stuff like shoot down the Pharah, or dump healing into the tank as he dives, or whatnot. The touch-ups often add up to more healing, but that's because I'm using my skills for more game-changing purposes.

Which isn't harshing on the Lucio; his healing's basically automatic, and HIS performance is best measured in other factors, too. Which healer gets Gold often boils down to how the fight goes, not which healer was "better". A lot of splash damage favors Lucio, a spread-out team favors Ana.

I have won my last 3 games playing as Reinhardt. I'm noticing that is "easier" to carry a game as tank over a support. I know i'm new to the game but it seems tanks are a bit more stronger then dps while being much more durable.

I don't know if this changes on the upper ranks but at Gold/Plat ranks, a good tank can pretty much carry his team.

I have won my last 3 games playing as Reinhardt. I'm noticing that is "easier" to carry a game as tank over a support. I know i'm new to the game but it seems tanks are a bit more stronger then dps while being much more durable.

I don't know if this changes on the upper ranks but at Gold/Plat ranks, a good tank can pretty much carry his team.
    Less so at higher ranks but you're still basically the MVP on every team if you play Rein well, it's just that the DPS player actually needs to make sure people die after you win a shield war.

Loads of Roadhog one-tricks got to diamond or higher by spamming him but I don't consider him a tank.

Really though playing Rein well is super appreciated in general because he's such a core hero.

If you want to carry with a support I'd say Zen>Ana and that's about it, never fall for the Mercy trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    If you want to carry with a support I'd say Zen>Ana and that's about it, never fall for the Mercy trap.
    Mercy only really works with a good team, IME. A bad team won't support her like she desperately needs.

I'd disagree about Zen v. Ana, though. Ana's sleep dart can swing things a lot, used well; you can dart a flanking Reaper so he can't ult your team, or dart their healer in the back that everyone's ignoring so your team can kill the tanks and then get the healer. She can deal serious damage, at least as reliably as Zen, and Zen relies a LOT on his team attacking his Discord target for max function. And Ana can save tanks who dive in bad ways, where Zen really can't without his ultimate.

Even with a meh team, if someone's playing an "okay" Reinhardt, I can just wait for a Charge and then Nana Boost them for happy fun times.

I find Ana's better able to handle herself, and better make a poor team shine, than Zenyatta. Which isn't a slap; Zen's my 2nd favorite healer to play, on any map I can't spend half the match booping people off a ledge. But Zen with a GOOD team (and often, an Ana backing him up) will be WAY more effective, while an Ana can be more effective without support, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steadily climbing in comp as Mercy. I am getting a bit burnt out, though, between the pressure to win and the rampant toxicity and leavers. I'm ready for the season to end so I can get my first golden weapon.

Meanwhile, been playing no limits and qp as Sombra and I'm loving her playstyle. I wouldn't take her into comp (not yet anyways) but I may spend the rest of the season just putting the hours into her and improving since my Mercy is on point.