7+ Year Old Account

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CTF as a game mode you can enable. Nope nope nope. But custom games? Yes.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    i wanted this for sooooo LONG!

HYYYPE!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're not worried about false positives in an automated system causing unwarranted bans, then you're just defending people deliberately screwing their teams over in Competitive for the lulz, which absolutely should be punished.
    Can you clarify for me, because you seem to have lost me here... Do you think players should be punished with silences, bans, mutes, whatnot, for playing poorly in comp? Or do you think those people getting banned are just false positive reporting cases? Because Blizz doing that doesn't sound like a measured response or something that would actually fix the problem.

People intentionally trying to play poorly? Well yes, that is pretty much the same as purposefully trying to derank which I've already said shouldn't be allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    It's awesome to see them expanding on player freedom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone should be punished for playing an off meta hero, even Bastion or Widow. Even if it is competitive. That hero flaming shit needs to go, period.

haha its frustrating but part of the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I just discovered the hard way that Genjis deflect box is bigger than Roadhog.

7+ Year Old Account
    if anyone wants to do some badass roadhog boss battle, i am at your service

Formerly known as Arafal

I got the best "die die die...die" achiev last night that I wish I had the right recording software....gawd

I'm getting tired of trying to get my weekly loot boxes in arcade mode only to be thrown into a string of losing games because people leave. Either there needs to be an option to avoid joining groups that players have left or the rewards for joining a team under such circumstances need to be better to compensate.

I'm in a bad spot. I don't want to play ranked, i can't bear quickplay anymore either and arcade has become a chore too. Beside i started to just suck too much and now i feel like a burden; it's sad but i think i'm really close to uninstall at this point but i don't enjoy my time on OW. Shit.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Main Support here.

i'm getting frustrated every time i have to face a roadhog or a pharah. Seeing a friendly target getting hooked and one shotted while at full health and with me healing them is not fun.

As to pharah, i'm having really bad luck where the enemy team have a pharah destroying our team and no one want to pick a soldier to counter her. I have started practicing a lot of zennyata so i can try to sniper her since most of my teams don't know how to deal with her.

What is even more annoying is that people keeps spamming for heals while they are getting bombarded from above and i'm having to keep trying dodge all the pharah attacks.

Oh and when you have a tracer and a sombra constantly flank your team to kill you and nobody even cares if you are being attacked? Fun times.

This is happening at 2200-2500 rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Main Support here.

i'm getting frustrated every time i have to face a roadhog or a pharah. Seeing a friendly target getting hooked and one shotted while at full health and with me healing them is not fun.
    You're not supposed to be able to heal people through damage. This isn't an MMO. Healing is meant to offset incidental damage, not focus fire. And Roadhog hooking someone is "focus fire". You aren't SUPPOSED to be able to heal someone through a strong assault.

It's no different than if they got headshot by Widowmaker, or rocketed by Soldier 76, or mined by Junkrat, or tackled by Reinhardt, and so forth. There's plenty of one-hit-KOs in the game. Roadhog's is one that's actually a 2-hit, since he needs to hit both the hook and the followup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm getting tired of trying to get my weekly loot boxes in arcade mode only to be thrown into a string of losing games because people leave. Either there needs to be an option to avoid joining groups that players have left or the rewards for joining a team under such circumstances need to be better to compensate.
    I just hate that arcade is really just dumb luck. I like mystery heroes, because it lets me decide what characters I wanna get experience with next (Ana and Tracer it seems). But it all comes down to luck. Pinning a reward to that really doesn't feel worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're not supposed to be able to heal people through damage. This isn't an MMO. Healing is meant to offset incidental damage, not focus fire. And Roadhog hooking someone is "focus fire". You aren't SUPPOSED to be able to heal someone through a strong assault.

It's no different than if they got headshot by Widowmaker, or rocketed by Soldier 76, or mined by Junkrat, or tackled by Reinhardt, and so forth. There's plenty of one-hit-KOs in the game. Roadhog's is one that's actually a 2-hit, since he needs to hit both the hook and the followup.
    Problem is roadhog hooks are extremaly easy to hit. Widow headshot, soldier rockets takes way more skill to land them. Reindhardt tackled if not aimed right can leave him in a bad spot and get himself killed.

roadhog pulls the enemy to the middle of his team (the pulling alone would be enough) and even if he is alone is a 100% kill to most champions and a tank if not fully healthed.

What i mean is that the other tanks have to put themselfs in somekind of danger. Roadhog just stay close to his team and pull someone with no danger of getting himself killed.

I'm not mad, not at all. I just think he is a bit too easy to play and his hooks have no counterplay. I know that a reindhart can one shot too but like a said, a bad aimed tacked can leave him in a bad spot.

its less about Roadhog and more about the simplicity and reward of the ability at this point.

its a basic high damage ability with ult canceling and stun effects. There is nothing complicated about that. All it requires is basic aiming and time management.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2017-02-09 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Problem is roadhog hooks are extremaly easy to hit. Widow headshot, soldier rockets takes way more skill to land them. Reindhardt tackled if not aimed right can leave him in a bad spot and get himself killed.
    The only reason they're "easy to hit" is that they've only got a 20 yard range or so. And even then, Roadhog is putting himself at risk to even make the attempt; the hook stuns Roadhog just as long as it stuns his target.

What i mean is that the other tanks have to put themselfs in somekind of danger. Roadhog just stay close to his team and pull someone with no danger of getting himself killed.
    Roadhog, by getting close enough to DO a hook, has already put himself in danger. He doesn't have ANY defenses, and he's immobile while he's hooking, too. Saying that there's "no danger of getting himself killed" is just wrong. If he's out of position when he tries that, he's a dead man.

I'm not mad, not at all. I just think he is a bit too easy to play and his hooks have no counterplay. I know that a reindhart can one shot too but like a said, a bad aimed tacked can leave him in a bad spot.
    Counterplay to hooks;

1> Shields, of basically any kind. Reinhardt and Winston and Zarya can all ruin his hooks.
    2> Range. If you're in range of a hook, and you know there's a Roadhog on their team, and you don't have an answer for that hook, you've already screwed up.
    3> Line of sight. Junkrat in particular doesn't need LOS to hit Roadhog back.
    4> Straight damage. He's got a lot of health, but focus fire can kill him before the hook finishes, if he's not hiding behind a Rein shield or something (in which case, you're not having trouble with Roadhog alone). If you're an offense hero and you're alone, well, killing you is exactly what Roadhog is made to do. Same way Reinhardt is made to hold a choke point, and Zarya is meant to keep her team alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been interesting taking time away from comp and Mercy to play everything but heals in qp. On one hand I like that qp is simpler and relatively stress free, however, with me not playing heals I've been on many a team w/o a healer, or just one, and no tanks (or just me). It's amazing how so many ppl flock to damage and, w/o teammates in comp bearing down on them, how many don't switch to balance out the team.

I thought that maybe I'd take it easy in season 4 since I'll get Mercy's golden weapon when this season ends, but now I'm thinking I'll be right back in there. Don't know that I can stomach qp for long stretches of time and if I'm going to heal then I might as well earn some points while doing it.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-02-09 at 02:40 AM.

I started a few days ago and I'm level 13. I'm enjoying the game so far. Although it seems very similar to Paladins, the feel is completely different.

I main Pharah, Junkrat, and Ana.

A friend who got me into the game late December doesn't play competitive so I never tried it(was having just as much fun in QP), i finally tried it. did 10 random placement matches, won just 2 games and got placed in the gold bracket. I wanted to get a gold weapon but 3k CP, and you only get 10 per WIN seems like such a huge grind considering how long the games take and you actually have to win, not just play.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Been working on my Roadhog vid so im doing good! His hooks are so DIRTY!